“Perfect place to stay! Such a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$30 Off per Night!
Ranked #29 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect place to stay! Such a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time in Seattle and I picked the University Inn because it was well priced, had free breakfast and parking, and a free shuttle. It seemed to have good reviews, so we blindly went with it. I could not be more pleased!! It was possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. Granted, it is not super fancy, but the staff was wonderful, the place was immaculate and adorably decorated, the breakfast was generous, the room was charming and large, and the beds were incredible. I cannot say enough good things about this place! Parking was super easy and the shuttle was so wonderful to have in order to do touristy things in the city. Overall, this was a fantastic hotel and I will never stay anywhere else in Seattle. You cannot beat it for the price, but knowing what I now know, I would pay even more. I highly recommend the University Inn!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for generous review! I will be sure to share your kind words with the whole team. I'm please to see you enjoyed so many of our amenities and I'm glad that we have become your new home when visiting Seattle. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a great hotel, with a great price and location - in the U district, near lots of good restaurants, and of course, the University of Washington and the UW Medical Center. The decor is sort of mod-hip, but very pleasing. The room was great - lots of pillows on the bed, flat screen TV. Our deluxe room had a microwave and fridge as well. Parking was free, in lots right on the property. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

They have an airport shuttle for $25.

My only complaint was breakfast - it was only the typical hotel fair: bagels, cereal, donuts, etc. The only fresh fruit was bananas (but at least they were organic). And, the had STARBUCKS coffee - ugh! I would think that with all the local, boutique roasters in Seattle, that a hip little hotel like this would have decent coffee.

If their breakfast/coffee had been better, they would have received 5 stars. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear KrisRudin,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and share your experiences with other travelers. We truly appreciate that you chose our hotel for your visit. Unfortunately , you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast offering or coffee. In our efforts to provide a quality experience for our guests, we decided to select a nationally-recognized local coffee. (Well, they started locally) We can definitely recommend our neighbor, Portage Bay for a much wider selection of breakfast offerings. We hope to welcome you back! Thanks again for your review!

Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I really appreciated everything about this place, as a matter of fact, I am having trouble trying to elaborate on any of the already perfect reviews. There are few the more outstanding things I would like to farther add a couple more additional comments. From the moment I walked in the front desk made me and my little dog so competely welcome. They were so outgoing I was curious to how some of their co-workers would be, I thought these 2 gals had to be an exception, geez, was I ever wrong! Every single staff person was so wonderful, outgoing and helpful! Everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff and the shuttle driver. It was also great that they had several delivery menus. Another outstanding and intuitive thing the staff did for me was, I got in late, overloaded and totally exhausted. The front desk gave me a room that was the first one outside of the elevator, a few steps outside the elavator. I found that room to be perfect and the elevator was no issue at all. I was also impressed by the locations their shuttle will take you to.

Only one thing I wish was different was the fee, per night, to have my little dog in my room. I am thrilled that they are such a pet friendly hotel, please don't change that, that was a huge draw for me. I just wish the fee was refundable. I am confident that we left the room perfectly acceptable on our check out and it could not have been $20 per night extra dirty

Otherwise, this is the best choice of a hotel and location I could have chosen. The location was ideal, comfortably outside town and the area has anything you might need.

Well so much for a short review, without elaborating on all of the other great reviews.

Room Tip: If you get in late, tired and overloaded or expect to be, request the closest room to the elevator...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for having been our guest! We're glad that our team made you and your four-legged companion feel welcome! We take great pride in our personal service and attention to every detail. We're glad you felt our commitment to hospitality.
We hope to welcome you back. In the meantime, all the very best!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here because of its proximity to U of Washington campus. You can walk there in 5-10 minutes. Giving it only 4 stars b/c they penalize you for wanting two beds in the room instead of 1. Their h/vac system is very loud & could use an upgrade, so when we turned on the heat, it was noisy. However...it should not deter you from staying here. People are great, they have a super free breakfast and the rooms are fastidiously clean. Beds are ultra comfy, rooms are quiet, even though located on busy street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear bagdad-by-the-bay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service you received was memorable. We apologize for the volume of the HVAC units. We are addressing this in a future evolution of new units in the coming months.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!
In the meantime, all the very best!

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was looking for a reasonable place to stay on a short business trip. University Inn was recommended by a local. What a wonderful surprise! Fom the outside it may not look like much, but the minute you walk in the door, it feels like you have come home. The front desk people could not be nicer. Not only are they knowledgable about the area, they will go the extra mile to google directions for you AND ask how everything went when you return!

Beds are very comfortable. Bottled water and coffee free in the room. Bagels and yogurt for breakfast hit the spot (but hard boiled eggs and French toast were also available. And, if you are in the mood for a larger meal, the Portage Bay Cafe (recommended by the front desk) is right next door. Unbelievable organic and natural foods including a pancake/waffle fixings bar with fresh fruits and anything else you can imagine.

Free off-street parking made life so much easier and the hotel's free local shuttle (though we didn't have time to take advantage of it) would allow people to just leave the car and let someone else battle the Seattle traffic!

Next trip to Seattle will find me right back at the University Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for recognizing the efforts of our team. I hope you are able to take advantage of our complimentary local area shuttle during your next visit. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We needed three rooms for three families to stay close to the UW as we were coming up to visit our niece at UW and attend a football game. We got a great advance purchase price. The staff was very helpful as we made numerous calls in the days / weeks in advance of our visit to ask questions re. transportation to the game, off street parking, directions to pubs / restaurants, etc.
The staff was so helpful. We had gorgeous, comfortable rooms on the same floor and could not have been happier.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear NomadOlympia,

We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for providing the glowing feedback. We're proud of our hotel and our team and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
In the meantime, all the very best!

Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable, cozy and warm with friendly staff walking distance to the university. The breakfast is mediocre, rooms are good size and cheery. Best perk is Keurig and assortment of tea and coffee pods. All areas of hotel are very well maintained. price seems a bit high but this is where I'll stay when visiting at the school.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!