“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
manila
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for Christmas. The Westin is a Seattle landmark and the location can't be beat. It was lovely strolling along downtown Seattle and walking to the market. Our room had a nice view and was large enough. The beds, however, were too soft and already sagging, lacking in firmness and support. Sleep was not comfortable at all. The beddings were soft and comfy and fluffy, though. Also,being in downtown, there was a lot of noise on the streets. Other than those, we still had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'll make this short and to the point.

Pros:
-Clean and spacious room
-Great location. My husband and I walked everywhere.
-Affordable 'upgrade' cost. We paid an additional $20 and was bumped to the 31st floor. Was worth the view. I am not sure if we were just lucky and stumbled upon a very nice front desk personnel ...but my advise is just ask. It doesn't hurt to ask for the cost of the upgrade.

Cons:
-No complimentary wi-fi
-Expensive parking. If you have a car and wants to be frugal, park somewhere far and cheap and walk to the hotel. It will save you $40-50/night (depending on self vs valet parking)..especially if you plan on staying for a while. Ubering is cheaper than parking.

Overall, my husband and I had a great time in Seattle. Staying at the Westin allowed us the flexibility of finding amazing places to eat by walking. The only time we ubered were from the airport to the hotel, hotel to airport.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel quite a lot over the years and have always enjoyed our stays and this time was no exception except that the jacuzzi is no longer there. This was disappointing as it was something we always looked forward to relaxing after a day walking around Seattle. Also this time we paid extra for a room with a view and to me it was the same view we always have there and only on the 13th floor not a higher floor. Great stay but could have been better.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was nice. Concierge was extremely helpful. Front desk clerk was moderately friendly. When I returned home was when everything fell apart. I had several extra charges on my credit card. After several calls they were removed but if I had not looked carefully at my charges I would have been overcharged. NOT good business.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I spent just 1 night as I was in town for a weekend wedding. The room was spacious and the couch & sofa was a nice touch. Plus being right by the elevator is a plus in my books. The window view was nice and there was enough natural light to light the room throughout the evening.

Room Tip: Because the structure of the hotel is round like a silo, try to get a room with a view. My view was...
Green Features: I think the Westin does a pretty good job and they offer a $5 rebate for everyday you don't want the room cleaned. I know that sounds weird but when I travel, I don't want someone in my room at all until I invite them in or I am leaving.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I just returned from the Westin Seattle (stayed May 16th - 18th) and had a lovely time. The front desk staff were very friendly and great to deal with. They were apologetic for the long line - was rather busy at check in at 3pm and they had all hands on deck but we only waited 5 minutes - not unreasonable at all. Also ensured we signed up for their SPG rewards which included complimentary wifi for our stay.

The rooms were interestingly shaped (not in a bad way, just was new to me) due to the fact the hotel is 2 circular towers. Big bathroom and shower was a plus, along with the great view of the harbour (we were situated on floor 27).

Parking is a little expensive, but it appears to be par for the course in Seattle ($43/day self park or $52/day valet). We ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning. The service and food was great but again, a little overpriced ($55 for two people after tip for just breakfast).

Hotel is walking distance to Pike Place and if you like the walk, Safeco Field (only 30 minutes).

Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor, facing the water makes for a great view.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

One of my goals is to stay in all the nicer hotels in Seattle and I've always avoided the Westin. Maybe it's the round towers that didn't do it for me. I really don't know. However I decided to try it based on rate and thought why not try.... I was so pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. And the view wasn't bad either. The food was good at the hotel bar and the staff was friendly! Will definitely stay there again...

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!