“Always a wonderful place to stay in Seattle!” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #47 of 96 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Always a wonderful place to stay in Seattle!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel has impressed my expectations every time I have stayed here. Nice rooms, incredible views and very kind onsite staff to welcome you. The hotel is older but has been kept in nice condition, the restaurant RELISH Burger Bistro is great and the bar was quick and easy to access. I will stay here again and would encourage anybody looking for a nice hotel while in Seattle to do the same.

Room Tip: High floor city view rooms are amazing!
Green Features: this hotel participates in the green choice program and if you're able to conserve they'll reward you for it.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a very nice hotel near to major downtown attractions. Good hotel for business travelers and those seeking a downtown experience. Request a room on a high floor with a view of the Sound. The restaurant options could be improved, but there are many options within walking distance from the hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

With several great hotel options in Seattle (Sheraton, W, Renaissance, Hyatt, Fairmont…), I suggest you select the Westin as a last resort option.

The late 1960’s twin cylindrical towers were no doubt an interesting feature on the skyline in their day, but the interiors today are dated and dingy. Because the hotel is very vertical, the wait on the elevators can be annoyingly long. The rooms are pie shape, making for a very cramped bathroom. The common areas (bar, restaurant, gym etc) are certainly not up to the brand standard of a Westin. Service is very spotty and the wait can take ages for a valet-checked car.

I’m a Starwood Platinum member so if my experiences (I’ve stayed at this hotel three times in the last two months) are poor I can only imagine what someone without preferred status will be like. Trust me - - try other options first.

But if you must? The location is good with easy access to shopping, convention center etc. The bed is a typical Westin bed which is very good in my book. I’d not give the property high marks on cleanliness but the rooms are OK.

West Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great place to stay!!! Centrally located to everything. Could walk to Pikes Market Place, can take the tram or walk to the Space Needle. Would definitely stay here again. Hotel staff was friendly. Good food at the restaurant.

Brooke H, Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so delighted to hear that your stay was a great one and that you were able to enjoy our close proximity to Seattle attractions, our friendly staff and the food at our in-house Relish Burger Bistro. We can't wait to have you stay with us on your next visit to downtown Seattle!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed at the Weston for two nights with my family. It was the best priced hotel in downtown Seattle. The bedrooms are wonderful: comfortable bedding, with a beautiful view of Seattle. However, the breakfast was not that great. It was a small buffet with minimum choices. Halal/Kosher food was hard to get because they mixed everything. Nonetheless, this doesn't really matter considering you can just have brunch in Pike Place market

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Brooke H, Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, yesterday
IThank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy a comfortable stay with your family as well as a beautiful view and our close proximity to Pike Place Market. We will take your suggestions for improvements to our in-house restaurant's breakfast buffet into consideration as well as we want to ensure guests with all dietary needs are well taken care of. Our restaurant does have a seperate breakfast menu apart from the buffet and we do hope you'll have the opportunity to come back and try it. We can't wait for your return!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Self-parking was about $50.. The hot tub / jaccuzzi was under construction which disappointed me. Wifi costs $9 a day. Mediocre stay. I expected a lot more from them because of my past experiences with Westin in other cities.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Brooke H, Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your review. All of our prices are listed on our website as well as all of our OTAs to provide clear costs when making your buying decision. WIFI is free for SPG members as well who book a stay through our website. The hot tub is no longer at our location, nor is it listed as it has been removed due to safety concerns from our guests.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was a 3 day family trip for 2 adults and two children, one of whom is in a wheelchair. This hotel has 2 towers, my family and I stayed in the North Tower. You are paying for the view at this hotel. You will not get free breakfast or complimentary tea and coffee in your room. But housekeeping does give you ONE free bottle of water a day. The hotel also boasts a complimentary Westin Kids Club amenity bag full of distractions for your kids. My kids were looking forward to that and the hotel doesn't do those anymore (even though they're still advertised on their website) so my kids each got cheesy sports bottle with their logo on it. We stayed on the 47th floor which is the highest. We could see all of downtown Seattle and part of the bay...spectacular! There was no traffic noise way up there. Our neighbors were quiet and so were the elevators. The room wasn't very big; there's no drawers for your clothes however there was a small 3 drawer cabinet in the closet and 2 luggage stands to bring out into the room to put 2 of our suitcases on. The other 2 suitcases had to be accessed on the floor. The bathroom is sufficient; room for one at a time, and clean. The beds were very comfortable, however the bottom portion of our TV screen had a fuzzy interference. There's a very tiny ice bucket but there was never any ice in the ice machine down the hall. There are 4 elevators in the North Tower and they can get quite full and busy. They move very fast and can give your stomach a queasy feeling. Our first day there elevator 2 wasn't working properly; the door kept opening and closing spontaneously at Lobby level...quite disconcerting. My daughter and I enjoyed the swimming pool on the 5th floor however when we returned the next evening with my son (that uses a wheelchair) we discovered that the handicap accessible chair that was suppose to lift him into and out of the water, wasn't working. Also, beware that you must use a teeny little lift (like a miniature elevator) to even access the door to the pool. My husband squeezed onto it with our son and it shook horribly and took about 3 minutes to move up 3 feet then the door lock/latch wouldn't release so my husband had to use his room card like a credit card and slide it into the latch to get it to open.
We did like that the hotel was centrally located and we were across from a McDonald's and one block from a Bartel's Drug Store and West Lake Mall where we could eat at the food court and board the Monorail to go to the Space Needle etc. The Westin has extremely expensive valet parking. They tell you that you can use their self park garage but beware that at certain times of the day they block the entrance to self park with a sign that says "Self park closed". It's not because it's full, it's so that you'll have to use valet. I left self park at 7:30 am to drop off my husband at a conference and when I returned at 8am I couldn't get back in. The valet parking going crazy; cars were lined up out onto the street waiting to get in and I had to too. However, when i finally got up there I told them we were guests and had been parking in the self park and they let me back into that area. Overall, we will not be going back. Too much hassle with the parking, too many things weren't working and it was far too expensive to eat there.

Room Tip: If you want quiet go as high up as possible, at least higher than the 20th floor.
Green Features: They had a recycle garbage can in addition to the regular trash can in the room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!