We spent 3 nights at the Westin, having previously stayed at the Hilton. We moved due to work commitments.
When we arrived there was no one to help with the bags, there was a long queue for check in (we waited about 10 minutes), the person who checked us in had a slightly arrogant tone he wanted photo ID which was fine but the passports were in the middle of a case. We suggested he check us in and we bring then down when we had unpacked, we were told this was not possible ‘due to hotel policy’, we did mange to find some other photo ID in my wife’s handbag, which when produced for only glanced at for a millisecond.
The room we had was large and a good layout. However the bathroom is small and not a good layout, the bathroom really needs to be bigger and there is room to achieve this by reducing the wardrobe space. In addition my wife felt the bathroom floor needed a deep clean. The amenities are basic, for example there is soap but no shower gel, quality is okay but nothing special. We did hear some noise from the corridor during the night. The heating control in the room works well and the heating is very quite.
We opted to no have the room cleaned every day, and earn extra SPG points, they were however happy to provide addition soap and conditioner etc if requested, again there was a queue at reception.
We ordered room service on the first night and enjoyed the meal, it arrived promptly and was hot. My only minor comment might be that the portion sizes were a bit small (very unusual for America).
The hotel is well located for visiting the city centre and also walking to either Lake Union (20 minutes) or the Space Needle (15 minutes).
On our last full day is rained, again there for a queue to borrow an umbrella and then a queue when we came to return it a day later, they need more concierge.
On checkout again there was no one to help with the bags.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Downtown Seattle Hotel is at the front door to shopping, dining and the vibrant theater district. The Westin Seattle Hotel is in the heart of it all near all the great Seattle attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Westin Seattle
- The Westin Hotel Seattle Wa
- Seattle Westin