“Excellent stay and superb position” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #45 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Cape Town
“Excellent stay and superb position”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A clean business type hotel, all amenities and extremely helpful efficient staff. Clean, centrally positioned ie. close to Macy's, Nordstrom and Starbucks as well as the monorail that takes you directly to the Space Needle and the 2 other museums right next to each other. Walking distance to Pike Market as well.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have always preferred the Seattle Sheraton over it's sister property,the Seattle Westin, because it has always given me a nice room upgrade and it has a club lounge for certain SPG members. The Sheraton was fully booked this time around, so I visited the Westin. I had to wait a long time to be checked in. While waiting, a woman came out of a small enclave and called the next person out of line to check in with her - it turned out to be the SPG member line. It was not well advertised at all, it could have saved me a lot of time if it was better marked.

The person that checked me in was a flaming asian, but with otherwise pretty plain service. I scored a very nice room upgrade with a wonderful view. Unfortunately Seattle Westin still doesn't have a club, but they do provide a credit to platinum members to their restaurant for breakfast, good for either a free continental breakfast or a $12 breakfast buffet (after the credit). It was okay, but not great. The valet charge is always being jacked up every year, approaching $50/night.

What really burned my butt was that they only give a single bottle of complimentary water and put a $10 sucker bottle of Fiji water in the room. I did without, yet a charge of $10 still showed up on my invoice. I don't like having to denigrate myself to call and fight about this type of a rip-off. So, despite what might have otherwise been a 4/5 rating, I must relegate it down to a 3/5. if not for the upgrade, it would have tempted a 2/5 rating.

Room Tip: Be SPG with over 100 nights/year
Green Features: The showers stink in environmentally-friendly hotels. I was not impressed with the shower, so it must be environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was so easy to get to using the light rail from the airport. The hotel itself had excellent rooms although the curved windows were a little weird for me. The bed was comfortable and the in room wi-fi was very good quality. The restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel had excellent food for both breakfast and lunch. The late check-out on Sunday, which was coincidentally when I was leaving was also very helpful as I had time to go have a shower just before taking the 2 minute walk to the light rail station to go back to the airport/

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
North Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Location couldn't be better, I walked absolutely everywhere, including to the monorail. When reserving, I had requested a high floor with a view of the Space Needle, and this is what I got. What a view!! The room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. No complaints really.

Great staff.

I love Seattle!! Hope to come back to this great city, and The Westin will be my home.

Room Tip: Request high floor with view of Space Needle. Watch the sunset!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The rooms were a good size and very clean. Beds were comfortable and made for a good nights sleep. Great location, not too far of a walk to some main attractions!
We did not utilize the fitness center, but it looked decent. Only negative was the price of breakfast. A coffee, a yogurt and two muffins cost $25. A bit steep!!

• Stayed September 2014
douglassville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here before our cruise to Alaska, fantastic hotel, great location, you can just walk around the town from this hotel. The staff was very nice. We stayed on 43rd floor , great view.Can just walk right to the Space Needle,.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I gave this Westin a 3 solely because of the view. Last time we stayed in Downtown Seattle we stayed at a boutique because it was less expensive than the Westin but we won't be choosing the Westin again any time soon. Our boutique hotel was MUCH better. The location of this Westin is great in terms of proximity to Pike Place, but it's hideous entry was disheartening. Staff mischarged us for the upgrade we requested and we had to fix that. Mistyped and entered my name for my Starwood preferred - twice. It didn't feel safe walking around the block at night either. Absolutely no staff outside or near entry when we got back from dinner and the key-card entry to get in to the building was being really finnicky. Did I mention a bum was literally following us around as we scrambled to enter? Harrassing us and asking if we had cash and we couldn't get in the hotel.... and there was no one helping us in... it was scary. No robes in the rooms. Mediocre ammenities. A weighted mini bar? SERIOUSLY? Didn't those get tossed out years ago? Yes, I had to call to make sure I didn't get charged for simply picking up a diet coke and putting it back. Again - GREAT view but that was it. We will be choosing our boutique hotel again next time. This is the second Westin we've stayed at lately that has been sub par compared to the one in our home town. I will be taking Westin off my radar from now on unfortunately.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a higher floor so you can enjoy the great view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!