“Great service and location, but an aging property.” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #46 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“Great service and location, but an aging property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Westin prior to embarking on a cruise out of Seattle. The hotel is just a short taxi ride from the main port. The hotel staff was very accommodating with some special needs I had traveling with elderly parents. The concierge desk was especially helpful. My main problems with this hotel are that the infrastructure is old and not always conducive to a great guest experience. The elevators are small and slow for the volume of guests. And the walls in the tower rooms are exceptionally thin. I could hear guest conversations next door. The other guests weren't being quiet or loud, just normal, but the walls are thin and we had to turn on sound machines on our iPhones to wash out the background noise. Other than that, it was a good experience and the proximity to the port was great.

576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is gorgeous. Beautiful lobby. Huge. Personnel was friendly and knowledgeable. Restaurant was very good. Located in the heart of the city, but we walked down to the wharf easily and took a cab back to the hotel. Large rooms, comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Westin is located in a great downtown location near the light rail and monorail. The hotel itself is nothing special. Was probably a nice Westin 20 years ago. The hotel now is a magnet for passengers coming off or going on cruise ships. Lines are always busy at check in and check out as well as concierge. They have like 8 computers at the large check in area but only staff 1-3 people every time I was there. Small mistakes made on bill and reservation but quickly fixed. Bathtub was clogged with hair but again, quickly addressed. Paper thin walls as both nights neighbor woke us up at 3 am with the loudest music ever on full blast but again, hotel security also addressed this quickly. Loved the location. Staff was responsive but could have been better staffed for these sold out nights. Restaurant was not bad.

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I checked in late due to flight delays .
Check In clerk was doing paperwork and took her time to acknowledge my precense .
Had to go into the back with credit card and drivers licence , overall it was OK but took about twice as long as it should of .
The staff in the restaurant were terrible , I had only 2.5 hours sleep before I had to continue on travels , granted I was stupid tired but man were they rude and talk about no service .
I will never go back due to their uncaring , rude attitude , overpriced fast food , paper cups in a restaurant ?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this Westin on business years ago. I recently returned for a personal trip. The hotel is nice, and is located in the center of Seattle. I was hosting my family on a trip and booked 5 rooms under my name. I wanted all expenses charged to my credit card. I prepared all of the necessary authorization paperwork 5 months prior. I received confirmation from the hotel that my financial authorization was received. Upon check in, three of my guests were asked for a credit card. When I arrived to investigate, I was told that financial authorization was only applied to one of the rooms. The desk clerk told me there was nothing he could do to help me. When I showed him the authorization confirmation along with the person who handled the transaction, I was told he did not know the person and did not have access to the system. It took a while for me to convince him to manually apply my credit card to all of the rooms I reserved. He just did not understand. This was not a good start to my planned relaxing vacation. Fortunately, it all worked out in the end. I felt bad because there was only one desk clerk working on a Saturday afternoon. Because of my reservation problems, a large line formed and no one else came to the desk to assist.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you and your guests experienced during your stay. I will share your comments with our Reservations and Front Desk staff to ensure that we can avoid a situation like this in the future. Please feel free to contact me at ashley.mcfarland@westin.com if you would like to provide further details. Thank you again for your review.
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Full of pluses and minuses. The room was very nice - fairly newly renovated. Nice bed, pillows, and bathroom. However, many parts of the hotel looked very dated - especially the common areas and the gym. I agree that the parking is a rip off. The concierge was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just spent 3 nights at the Westin Seattle on business. The company spent $350 a night on the room. The room was nice, great location and views of downtown. The biggest drawbacks are all the additional fees. In this day and age you would imagine a top shelf hotel would include wifi especially when you're paying $350 a night for a standard room; not the Westin. It costs $9.00-29.00 per 24 hours depending on the speed you want. Self-parking, that will cost you $42 a night. Minibar, $5 for a 1/2 can of Pringles plus a 20% restocking fee. If you want the minibar emptied to use the fridge, $25 fee for restocking, or $50 per night if you want a small fridge in your room.

I imagine this is typical for hotels who ear themselves toward "business travelers" with expense accounts, but that's not me. Every nickel and dime hurts. Next time I'll stay at the Homewood Suites up the road and get much more for my money.

Don't get me wrong, the Westin was nice, I just expected more for my money.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!