“terrible for business travelers – don’t park in the garage!” 1 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #45 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“terrible for business travelers – don’t park in the garage!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

2nd time I've had an issue with this hotel and their parking lot. My company just spent good money holding a seminar at the Westin today. Upon departure from the Westin Guest Parking garage, their credit card machine was not working so they issued a courtesy ticket for payment. They didn’t have any type of backup system or ability to physically run or imprint the card. Whatever. Upon returning to the office, found out there was no way of paying online. Upon calling Westin, to figure out who manages their parking garage and how to get this handled – was put on hold indefinitely… This will be the last time my company uses the Westin for any events and no longer will I be recommending this hotel to business associates and family. (First online, negative review I’ve written in ten years – good to get that out of my system)… In summary -stay away from the Westin on 5th Ave in Seattle!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Ceres, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My kids and I have stayed at Westin Seattle for the past 4 summers. The location is great, so we walk everywhere and don't have to worry about parking. Parking is about $45/nt so this summer we parked up a blk at Impark and pd $25/nt (garage parking).
If things are a little slow for the night, we will go across to Pacific Place and catch a movie. The monorail to the Space Needle is about a blk away, Pikes is about 2-3 blks, and the waterfront is a blk from Pikes.
Since the Westin is two cylindrical towers, there really isn't a bad view from the upper floors. One 4th of July, we had our room face Lk. Union and we watched the fireworks from our room. We didn't have to fight the crowd, the temp was just right, we were in our pajamas, we had snacks and drinks and we could go straight to our comfy Westin Heavenly beds. Unfortunately, this year a building was built in front of the full Space Needle view and now there is only the top view. You can also get a view of the Sound or Lk. Union. I like the city lights at night from the Space Needle and Lk. Union view.
The rooms are clean and feel spacious because of the floor to ceiling windows. The front desk people are very nice and the concierge is very helpful. Sometimes there can be a short wait for the concierge.
Sometimes we will drop off our shopping bags in the room and grab a refreshment from the downstairs bar. They make a good drink and the apps are okay. The bar gives us a nice break so we can go out and do some more! We haven't eaten at the little restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Athens, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although staff was terrific and surroundings clean and tidy, (though a bit dated), the freezing temperature of meeting rooms and the cafe affected our enjoyment of this hotel. Plan to layer clothing.The hotel is in walking distance (15 minutes) of the Space Needle and the Chihuly Museum, which is at the base of the Space Needle, and Pike Place Market. The monorail is just up the block. There are several national brand shops and department stores nearby, and many good restaurants a block or two from the hotel.

Green Features: Westin's Green Choice is great if you don't mind skipping daily housecleaning service and enjoy the daily $5 off hotel food/goods.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was very happy when I arrived at the Westin Seattle. The staff was very cordial, got us checked in quickly, and our room was lovely. The "heavenly beds" are wonderful! We had an excellent view. Located only a few blocks away was a mall with restaurants and movie theater. We also had a short walk to the Monorail, which took us to the Space Needle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mayglynn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hi

this was my third time at this hotel. the other two times I was a solo.. This trip I wanted to say on the top floors and see the water views. We paid a lot more for these rooms than the regular standed room. On the way to Seattle my friend fell outside my house and hurt her ankle very badly. It was a serve sprain. Upon entering the room I looked out and said to a wonderful bell man. where the water. He pointed out a silver outside the windowof water. Not very happy but tired from traveling across the country. Next morning I went down to front desk and complained abiut no sea view. I was moved to the other tower. We got more of a water view but I was still not happy with it. I wanted a water view so I could watch the cruise ships coming and going. w}This would not happen in this room. I did not want to move again as my friend was just about bedridden with her ankle and we hoping it would heal as we were going on a cruise that Sunday.. Now the room This was not worth the price I paid for it. It was at better a standard room. I thought we were going into a delex room or even a better room than I would pay a lot less. From the view I had in 2nd room we stayed at I would seen the same thing. We stayed June 17-22
the service was wonderful in your restaurant

Room Tip: don't bother with Higher rooms Buildings block and rooms are standard. save your money
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is right in the heart of downtown Seattle. We were fortunate as Starwood members to get a floor high up w a great view of the city. I lost myth reading glasses and one of the front desk persons helped me find them in the restaurant! Speaking of restaurants, they treated me great everyday for breakfast! Greeted me by name and made me feel special. It was a wonderful stay. Definitely would recommend this hotel. The bedding is also crisp and so clean!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have stayed here four times over the past year. Each time we have had a great experience and no complaints! The staff are friendly, attentive and keen to help. They want to make sure you enjoy your stay. Parking is a little expensive but you're right in downtown - so not much of a surprise there. The food is also quite good but a little pricy (especially room service!). The location is perfectly central and a couple blocks away from pretty much everything in downtown. The rooms are always clean and very well kept. I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher your room - the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!