“Great central loctaion” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great central loctaion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A girlfriend and I had a girls 2 night stay in Seattle. This was a wonderful location for everything. Close to the market, shopping, entertainment and we found a great spa close by.The room was great and my only complaint would be that I found the bed too soft, but my friend enjoyed hers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came to Seattle to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. I got a great deal on this hotel through Southwest's website. I am OCD about hotels and was impressed with them. Check in was quick and the guy at the front counter was really friendly.

We had wanted to ride the tram to dinner at the needle, since it was 4th of July, and he was nice enough to warn us, we may not get a ride back. However, we were able to go down on the tram right after check in and see the glass works and make it right back. You couldn't ask for a better location to transportation.

The room was clean and the bed comfy. Which really, to me, is the second most important thing, after being clean. I would recommend staying here, and if you look around you can get a great deal for a great location. My son and DIL walked down to the waterfront they said in no time at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great, great, great location...possibly one of the best in town for the general non-convention traveller. Views from high floors were just fabulous so go as high as you can.

The staff were competent and efficient, as expected for this class of hotel. The concierge, perhaps a gentleman of Filipino descent (mentioned so you can seek him out), was exceptional and brimming with customer service at the right level of intensity.

The rooms are a bit long in the tooth with exposed plumbing under the sink, and curiously no toilet paper reserves. The TV was at a strange angle but the beds are apparently maximized for those big picture windows and the view...no real problem, though.

At midnight on night, we called up for more and the staff mistakenly brought Kleenex. When I mentioned this not meeting our needs, he urged us to try it anyway, but then caught himself and immediately brought us the real thing.

Room Tip: High floor facing the Retail Core or harbor...fantastic restaurants in every direction, especially t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great location in downtown Seattle with many attractions (Pike Place Market, Space Needle, etc) within walking distance. When windy, the towers sway and creek a bit, but I guess that is to make them earthquake proof.

Housekeeping forgot to refill shampoo/soap during my weeklong stay, so I had to leave a note reminding them that I had run out of shampoo. At checkin I mentioned this to the receptionist, and she promptly compensated with an additional 500 Starwood points. (Thanks :) )

Internet speeds vary a bit; at some times it was a bit slow. (Something that plagues most hotels I guess).

All-in-all, a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband is here for a week long conference and I'm tagging along with our 3 month old. We are 3 days into our 7 day stay. The good: absolutely everyone we've contacted at the hotel has been kind and accommodating. Also the room is clean and the bed is comfy. The view from our 30th floor window is beautiful! The bad: there is no closet space or drawer space for people staying here for a week, our room is super messy already due to lack of appropriate storage. The television channels are all fuzzy and the room service menu is posted on the TV, so while I normally eat quite a few meals in my room when I travel, I can't do that here because I can't see the menu. If there is supposed to be a hotel services guide in the room somewhere, I don't see it. Finally, the only place to get a meal in the hotel is a burger joint. That was fine on the first day, but I don't want to do that every day! I think this room would be fine for someone spending a night or two, but it is uncomfortable for a week. Hence my rating.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our service and room; however, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our Service Express team is happy to deliver a hard copy of the in-room dining menu to you upon request and the concierges can assist with providing information on nearby restaurants. We do have a Visit Seattle guide in our rooms and apologize if it was missing. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions during your visit. Thank you again and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We traveled to Seattle for a concert and picked the Westin primarily for its central location very close to the Pikes Place Market and other attractions in downtown. What a great choice this hotel turned out to be though - very luxurious and well appointed rooms, great staff and service but what really made this a standout and a "definite return" was the view we had. Our room had a fantastic view of the harbour / waterfront which was spectacular day and night. The restaurant and room service at the hotel was superb also which made taking advantage of the view all the more pleasurable. We'll be looking for excuses to return!!!

Room Tip: Choose the harbour view as high as possible for best view
Green Features: Can't really comment here - seemed very good though with options to forego room make up, replacement of towels etc
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and rating. Downtown Seattle is beautiful during the holidays with festive sights and sounds. Please check our website for special offers at the end of this month. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is your typical downtown convention hotel, no surprises here. Our room was nice, spacious bathroom and nice view. The reason for the average rating was it was what I expected it to be, nothing more, nothing less, predictable, but sometimes being boring and predictable is a good thing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!