“Great Location & VIEW” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Boise, Idaho
“Great Location & VIEW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were on the 29th floor overlooking Elliott Bay -- beautiful every day & night! The staff was very kind & courteous, bartender attentive with very clean rooms (bathrooms) and comfortable beds. Our corner room was very roomy as we felt spoiled compared to much smaller San Francisco or NYC rooms. Lucky Us! Unfortunately, we had to walk down the stairs after our BSU loss to UW when the elevators shut down due to water/electrical problem that set off a 3-alarm firetruck run!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floors for a better view.
Green Features: So glad we didn't come back to new towels after we had hung ours after showers. They practice saving water - yeah.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Seattle on a business trip for a week. It was my first time in Seattle but I quickly learned that it was a great location. The hotel is very big. I got a high floor and a beautiful view of the water. The rooms are a good size, although a bit outdated for a typical Westin. There was a food (burger place) in the lobby and also a coffee shop where you could get drinks. It was quiet, clean, and the bathrooms were a fine size. I would stay here again. Walking distance to Pike's Market, the first Starbucks, the waterfront, and great restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - I think every room has some kind of view. I had a nice water view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went there for a week on business. Was right in the heart of downtown with easy access to everything. Burger place downstairs had a great breakfast and good food. I also love any hotel that has a store where I can buy water and snacks - so that's good in my book. Bed was comfortable and a great size. Also love that they have the more "green" option where you could waive your room cleaning - and get 500 Starwood points! Room service was confusing, as it's all on the television, but it's not really clear that it is.

The one major gripe I have is because of the following: They had a power outage for the elevators due to a fire alarm issue. When I called downstairs to find out what happened, I told them that i had a meeting and I was going to use the stairs. The woman who took my call told me I wasn't allowed to use the stairs (which in retrospect seems like it's illegal). Once I realized that everyone on my floor was using the stairs, i called back and another woman told me I *should* use the stairs. This was not only a misinformed first person I talked to, it was a personal safety issue. It won't stop me from staying at this hotel again, but it did sour my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a nice hotel in Seattle. It is an excellent venue for a conference though not at the level of the Hyatt. The gym facility is acceptable. The staff were very kind and considerate and the rooms were excellent. There was plenty of space to work while I was in between sessions. The location is very convenient in downtown Seattle and I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights recently for business. Location is perfect and easy walking distance to all things downtown Seattle. Though it does look a little dated in the hallways and exterior, the rooms have been nicely updated and most still have great views.

What really made this stay was the friendly service I received from the front desk, restaurant and especially the valet staff. Every time I went out to the street the valet staff were quick to greet and see if I needed a cab. My rental car had a dead battery one evening, and when I went down to ask for help Dillan quickly grabbed a battery charger and got me going again.

Avoid breakfast at the to go counter as the prices were outrageous ($2 for a banana)-- but the burger bistro Relish was actually reasonably priced and solid choice if you don't want to venture out. Though I would recommend trying the Italian restaurant Assaggio which is just a few blocks walk from the hotel.

There are many amenities of this hotel, but are very spread out between the two towers and adjoining lobby. Pool and workout facility is in the north tower, parking garage access in the south tower... Etc.

All in all a very comfortable stay. Don't be afraid to venture out into the surrounding area-- if you get lost just look for the towering Westin sign to guide you home. I would stay again based on the outstanding service I received the staff.

Two minor t

• Stayed September 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went for a special weekend. Never have I been so disappointed or more overcharged!
First we notice our cells not working in the room. Then we find out the free wi if is in the lobby only. The valet parking for disabled Americans is nearly $40 a day plus tax, service charges etc.
Night one we order room service. Left the cart in the room. We left in the morning to see Seattle and came back to a room that had the bed made only. No clean sheets or towels were provided. Not to mention the night befores room service table is still in our room. Pushed cart into hallway.
Had room service again and this time pushed cart into hallway. Now there are 2 carts sitting there.
All night and all day the following day. Very disgusting!
Took showers to find that there was pink mold around tub after showering. This was not cleaned either days. Just wiped over. The glasses in the room had smudge all over them as well. The sheets had mascara stains on fold down and pillows.
I've stayed at many Westins before and this was absolutely a Holiday Inn stay.
Then after returning home, i find that the hotel has charged me for wine and addtl. Service charges. Called, was told they would correct it as we do not drink alcohol and to this day, we still wait!
Save your heart a let down and stay at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton instead.
Green Features: Didn't see much of anything friendly there at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies we fell short of both our expectations. Cleanliness and excellent service are the key components for providing our guests with an excellent stay. Your comments will be shared with the Service Express and housekeeping teams for improvement.

Please contact us at bernie.ward@westin.com so we may assist in crediting your account for the erroneous charge.

We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to be of service. Once again, our apologies.
San Clemente, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Chose this hotel because of it's convenient location to Westlake train station and downtown. I booked room through Expedia. The room was very nice and appeared to have been upgraded recently. The hotel itself appears a little outdated from the outside. The view was great from my 15th floor room. Elevators are very fast.

I did not like the fact that they charged extra for wi-fi in room. That seems to be a growing trend with hotels these days.

Their lobby could use some help with the check in process as the lines were very long. Fortunately you can check out from the television via the menu.

Room Tip: The higher room the better as the views are fantastic and elevators are very fast.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!