“Too bad it was only 2 nights” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #48 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Rosa, California
“Too bad it was only 2 nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Westin. I LOVED the bed and the wonderful bedding...it was so soft, clean, and comfortable! I stayed on the 15th floor and had a view of the buildings and the water. It was very quiet, and my room was spacious. The pool, hot tub, and balcony from the pool looked great but I was too busy to enjoy them! I also wanted to take advantage of the amazing work out clothes and shoes deal - $5 (!!great!!) to work out in the gym but was too busy with my seminar and playing tourist.I ate lunch at the hotel's restaurant twice, and enjoyed the full breakfast one day. I was with people who grabbed coffee and a breakfast snack on one of the days.
It's easy to walk to Nordstrom's and other stores, or the Convention Center, several blocks walk to Pike's Place (fine for adults in reasonable shape), easy to grab the monorail to the Space Needle, and easy walk to the light rail to go to the Airport.
Everyone was friendly and pleasant. There is also a bar in the lobby, and wifi there as well.
Everyone in my large group enjoyed our stay at the Westin!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Westchester County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We enjoyed the location since we were able to walk to all major sites! Our stay was only 2 nights before we embarked on a cruise to Alaska. Although the hotel appears to be family friendly, it caters more to conference/convention visitors. The public areas including the lounges were 2-3 deep with loud convention guests. The front desk personnel, very friendly and accommodating....the Bar staff, not very warm. They recently opened a new burger restaurant in the lobby that is worth a visit!

Room Tip: Top floors will give you best view of city.
Reston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel is in the heart of Seattle about 7 blocks from the waterfront. The rooms are large, well appointed and clean.

The internet is barely passable (1MB up/1MB down) and that of course if you're using it off peak hours - not normally good enough for Skype or VPN.

Green Features: Excellent policies - you can refuse room cleanup for a $5 credit per day. They also rent workout wear for $5 day
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Osaka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I and my family stayed from August 21to 22 as members of Meitesu-Kanko Panorama Tour. We checked in late on the first day and didn’t know where to eat out, so we decided to order room service. “In-room Dining Menu” told me to dial “Service Express” when necessary, so I pushed the “Service Express” button on the push-button telephone in my guest room. The first person who got it said “I’m sorry I cannot help you with room service.” So I hung up and re-dialed “Service Express,” saying “Where should I call if I need room service?” To my surprise, the second person (different person) who got my call said “I’m at your service, sir.” Why two persons from the same section said different things? Is that because my English pronunciation was too bad? But the delivery was quick and the dishes were extremely good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

the Westin Seattle is very well located for those who shop within the downtown business core. Every room has a magnificent view (from the 5th floor and higher), I personally enjoy the view towards Bainbridge Island. The Pike Street Market which is a short stroll away is a pleasant way to spend the afternoon, be certain to stop by and watch the flying fish. oh yes, the heavenly towels and robes are very comforting at the Westin. The Westin typically offers shoppers' bargains during the winter months with $100 vouchers at a nearby mall

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We love staying at the Westin anywhere as we know the beds will be wonderful. We had a great room on the 34th floor, only downside was it was a room for the disabled which meant food delivery people were ringing the doorbell thing outside our door which scared the crap out of me as I thought our building was on fire as it made the fire alarm thing ring and a light blink - and we were right outside of the ice machine dispenser, which meant we could hear every time somebody collected ice.

Other than all of that, the location was great and we walked everywhere, took the lightrail easily back and forth to the airport.

Room Tip: No disability rooms or rooms near ice machines.
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent two weekend nights at the Westin using Starpoints. We were "upgraded" to an SPG floor, but didn't notice any unusual perks. If there are any, it would be good for the reception person to let us know so we can appreciate them! The room was spacious, and the bed was great, as usual for the Westin (and Starwood properties in general). The bathroom was tiny but functional and in good condition. It seems that across the board, Starwood hotels do NOT provide free wifi in the rooms, and this hotel is no exception, so we relied on our smartphones, which had good coverage in the room. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the elevators - when it's busy, it can take a long time until one arrives. The hotel is within easy walking distance of lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Seattle? Share your experiences!