We are locals and two or three times a year stay in the city for a "staycation". This past week-end we decided to see Jersey Boys at the 5th Ave and stay close by. We chose the Westin this time as we had not stayed there before. We were able to get a AAA bed and breakfast rate which was decent. We had a great room on the 25th floor and from the moment we walked up to the front desk to check in we were greeted with a smile and just the right amount of small talk so that we felt truly welcomed. The room itself was a standard King and was very nice. The room was large, very very clean and had a spectacular view of Seattle and the Puget Sound. We enjoyed a good nights sleep and then had two choices for our breakfast portion of the package.The breakfast could either be room service (eggs, toast, juice, bacon) or you could enjoy the breakfast buffet in Relish the onsite restaurant. We chose to enjoy the buffet. The buffet itself was lovely, not overly large but plenty of nice hot choices for the morning. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The only issue was that after our buffet we gave the server our "vouchers" for the breakfast but she still dropped the bill at our table on which it stated "Please pay the balance" so we inquired about this and she waved it off and said that some people like to keep the reciept but we owed nothing. Of course we left a tip but I thought it was odd that they handed us a reciept asking for payment when none was needed. Not a big deal though or so I thought. When I checked my email receipt for our stay I found that we had indeed been charged for our breakfast! I immediately called to ask why and I was very quickly told that "oops" that is our mistake and we'll send you a new bill right away. I was bothered by this because so many people may not even check their bill right away and this seemed a little unprofessional to me from a hotel such as the Westin. I enjoyed the hotel itself though and plan on staying in other Starwood properties but will always check the bill prior to checking out. All in all, a very nice stay had there not been that little glitch with our bill it would have been nearly perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Downtown Seattle Hotel is at the front door to shopping, dining and the vibrant theater district. The Westin Seattle Hotel is in the heart of it all near all the great Seattle attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Westin Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Westin Seattle
- The Westin Hotel Seattle Wa
- Seattle Westin