“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Cocolalla, Idaho
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a wonderful hotel. We had a corner suite for a long weekend and it was fantastic. The staff is amazing and they seem to really care about their guests. The rooms are very, very nice and quite peaceful. We had a great time in Seattle and the Sorrento and the fantastic staff really set the tone for a much needed mommy and daddy break! The location is just fine, it is a quick and easy drive or a $6 cab ride to Pike Place. The hotel has a car and they will take you downtown (well, I think any place within reason).

Room Tip: As the review mentions, we had a corner suite on the 5th floor. The rooms at the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your amazing feedback. I am so glad that we were able to make your romantic getway comfortable and relaxing. I am eager to share your comments with our friendly staff!

538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed as a guest at the Sorrento for 6 weeks. I had only planned for 5 days, but on the 2nd day, I asked if I could spend the rest of my time in Seattle at their hotel. (Previously, I had visited several of the downtown hotels).

The hotel is beautiful. When I cozied up in the Fireside Room with a book, it felt like I might be in an old English mystery novel. Several times I met lovely couples who were staying to celebrate their wedding anniversaries. (The locals love this as a reception location.) I stayed in a small, but lovely room at first, and later in a suite. Although old, everything has been cared for and maintained.

All of the staff are welcoming. They are the real secret to the success of the Sorrento.

The location is convenient to local hospitals and downtown. It is an easy walk - or if you prefer, you can have a driver take you from the hotel.

I can't wait for my next trip to Seattle and the Sorrento.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for such praise. I have shared your kind comments with our "welcoming" staff! You have sincerely made our day and have reminded all of us of why we enjoy the hospitality industry so much!
I am thrilled that you enjoyed our intimate Fireside Lounge and found our location to be so conveinent. We hope to see you again soon!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely beautiful, old hotel. Located right by Virginia Mason and not far from downtown. Staff are all incredibly charming, attentive and helpful.

Hunt club is beautiful and has fantastic food. The breakfast shakes are amazing! During the summer there's an outdoor dining area on the front patio.

Lobby is elegant and great for meeting up for drinks. Lighting in the lobby is a little dim-- which doesn't matter for hanging out; though it's not fantastic for cranking out work. However, there was great wireless and comfy work space available in my room.

Gym is very tiny but workable. Go run outside through lovely Seattle!

I recommend the Sorrento for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a nice review! I have shared your comments with our "attentive" staff and they want to send their sincere gratitude.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our new Al Fresco dining in our Courtyard. Though we in Seattle will sit in traffic, when the sun comes out. It is nice to have a such a pleasant venue to relax.
Hope to see you again soon!

Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my second stay at the Sorrento. I'd stayed previously aS single and as rooms can be in old hotels, my previous room was quite compact. Very nice, comfortable bed, very clean, with all amenities, but small. This time I had my 17 year old son with me, so we needed a larger room. The suite was so much better than I anticipated - and my son was mightily impressed! It was beautifully and tastefully decorated, quiet, and very clean. We were in town to celebrate my daughter's college graduation, and the suite's living room worked perfectly for visiting with family members.

This is a beautiful old hotel that has been wonderfully modernized and maintained, and it oozes charm and character. Old menus (from the early 1900's) are posted in the lobby and in the elevator to give you a sense of the history and age of the place. It's located in downtown Seattle, very convenient to Pike Street Market, Seattle Center and other downtown Seattle tourist attractions and the trendy restaurants of Capitol Hill.

Our room was exceptionally clean, as were the hotel's common areas. The staff was anxious to please, friendly and personable. We were greeted by a staff member each and every time we entered or left the hotel.

The only slight glitch we had was that the TV in the bedroom had little to no and somewhat intermittent cable reception. But since this visit wasn't really about watching TV, I won't hold that against the Sorrento! I just like to listen to the news when I'm getting ready in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad that you found our Hotel to be charming, comfortable and unique. I am even more thrilled to hear that our helpful staff made such an impression. I am eager to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon!

Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved this hotel. Historic and nicely renovated to keep it's old world charm. The beds were well made, with very luxurious sheets and comforters, with more pillows than you could use, and a very nice bathrobe to lounge around. The room was nicely appointed with a furniture that was above the average stuff you find about. And the accouterments were quite nice. The service and staff were EXCELLENT! I was able to use the business center and when I came up short on office supplies (my lack of planning) the staff cheerfully gave me what I needed. Each afternoon, there was a copper bucket of iced water bottles available at the front entrance, It was a nice touch if you were heading out on a walk-about. The lounge was lovely with live music, geared to an older crowd, on the weekends making it a nice place to meet and chat. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Grazie!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Glad to hear that you found our bedding so luxurious and restful. But I am thrilled you found our staff to be so attentive and friendly. I have shared your comments with them and sincerely appreciate your feedback.
And just to add to the Italian vibe, you will need to come see our new Al Fresco dining in the front courtyard, next to the fountain!

Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I, traveling for pleasure, spent four nights in this beautifully restored 1909 boutique hotel on First Hill. Our third floor room, on the quieter back side of the hotel, was elegantly furnished with an extremely comfortable bed and luxurious linens and amenities, including robes and a French coffee press with a canister of delicious Seattle coffee. The marble-tiled and chrome bathroom was small but efficient (loved the window over the tub!) with L'Occitane en Provence toiletries. The concierge and front desk service were friendly and helpful, never pushy but there when needed. Guests were invited to enjoy an always-full bowl of fresh Washington cherries at the elevators and complimentary bottles of water on their way out the door. Fresh coffee was available in the lobby in the morning. Exemplary housekeeping: the maid who serviced our room noted our linen preferences and removed the bulky duvet after the first night. There is a cozy dark bar and a restaurant in the hotel, which we did not visit, but we did enjoy cocktails in the beautiful octagonal oak-paneled lounge off the lobby, with its fireplace and comfortable seating (where complimentary ice cream sundaes were served every night between 11 pm and midnight.) The only drawback to this hotel is its location, a half mile or more to downtown (on a very steep hill) and a mile to restaurants on Capitol Hill. We are walkers and the weather was good, but it was not as convenient to dining as we would have liked. Its comfort and service earn it 5 stars nonetheless.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow! You have made our day. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our many Guest services. But, I am absolutely thrilled that you found our staff to be so helpful and friendly! Thank you so much for your praise.
Sounds like you got some exercise, please know we offer complimentry car service and are happy to get you to your destination in comfort.
Sincere gratitude for your kind words.

Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very Nice Place. I do recommend it but need to say a few things. First, the bathroom where the toilet and shower is, is crammed into a very small area. I had to sit crosswise on the toilet because my knees hit the wall right in front of it in the normal position.I am average size and it was a little uncomfortable. I doubt if a overweight person could get into the shower because the door was very small. The elevator was another issue. It's cool that the hotel puts a different rug in the elevator every day with the day of the week embrodered into it. It's not cool that if you take too long to get into the elevator the door will close on you with some force! This happened with my wife taking a picture of the rung and the door hitting her pretty hard. I grabbed the door and could barely hold it back. The staff saw this happen from the lobby and said something like "it does do that" meaning they knew about it. I say it is dangerous and should be fixed. You can get ice for the room but have to ask to have it delivered. They do have nice Keurig coffee makers in the room which sort of makes up for it. Last, this place is nine blocks from the market and it's either up hill or down hill depending on which way you are going. If you are not in shape you will have to cab it. I am in shape and it was still a tough walk and it still bothered my lower legs. These hills are really steep and there is lots of traffic to contend with crossing streets to get to the waterfront or many restaurants in the area.Still a nice hotel with a very good bed and wonderful pillows. Oh, and someone decided to make half of the traffic circle in front of the hotel an outdoor restaurant. What are they thinking? This forces you to back up to get back out on the street and the same for cabs.Backing is one of the most dangerous things you can do, especially into a street. They need the traffic circle and I think it was a silly idea at best to put tables and chairs there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am truly sorry that you did not find our quaint Hotel to be as spacious as you would have liked. Please know that our historic Hotel has many different and unique room layouts. Please let us know when booking your next reservation and we will be more than happy to find something more to your liking.
I am sorry that you found your hike to be taxing, we do offer complimentry car service and are always happy to make sure that you get to your destinations in comfort.
Lastly, I sincerely apologize if our valets were not attentive and made exiting the Hotel difficult. I assure you they are normally extremely efficent. Unfortunately, like most Downtown Hotels we do not have the luxury of a full round about and apologize if inconvienced.
Thank you again and would love the opportunity to discuss your visit with you directly. Please let me know a good time to contact you.

Sorrento Hotel

Been to The Sorrento Hotel? Share your experiences!