“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

A very nice hotel with great staff. This is a unique old hotel that has amazing character. I loved having a drink in the lobby bar and trying to imagine all the people who came here before me. My room was very welcoming and quiet (Room 310). The shuttle service was terrific for getting a lift downtown or to the ballpark (drivers work on tips). Little things like the cork at check-in and a pot of coffee on your table breakfast make all the difference.

Room Tip: Room views can be limiting, call ahead to confirm if this is important to you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly! I am also happy to hear that you found our complimentry car service to be convenient.
It is fun to hear that you enjoyed our historic Hotel and I too am amazed at all of the friendly faces that have come through our doors!

Sorrento Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

From check-in to check-out, my experience was wonderful. Everyone I encountered was so friendly and helpful. At check-in, you receive a cork which you can redeem for a free glass of wine at the bar/lounge. I especially loved the complimentary shuttle. It was great not to have to get a cab to explore different restaurants and sights around town. The rooms are nice and the beds are very comfy. I would definitely return to The Sorrento Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so glad you were able to enjoy some of our complimentry services and more importantly, our friendly staff made you feel welcome and comfortable. Really appreciate your feedback!

nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We arrived late on a Friday evening and were given a king-bedded room overlooking the courtyard. We had booked a junior suite through Expedia and I was also worried about street noise -- light sleeper -- so I called the front desk to ask about a change. The desk clerk told me the only open room not facing the street would be a suite that cost $40 a night more. At that point I said, wait, we booked a junior suite, and only then did she pull up our reservation. She then apologized and said they would move us to the suite at no extra charge.
It wasn't much bigger than original room, though technically suite with a small separate living room; it had a faint but distinct musty smell that never disappeared that weekend (the bellman who got to the room before we did turned the A/C on); and the bed was a queen. But there was no traffic noise so we said what the heck.
Fast forward to checkout. We had booked a 4 a.m. Town Car through the concierge for a 6 a.m. flight. Shortly after arriving at the front desk we were told by the porter on duty that the car would be a "couple minutes" late. It was after 4:15 that it finally arrived. But the worst part was that the porter disappeared, never to be seen again. And the man on duty at the front desk vanished, too.
We never got a good excuse from the driver.
So I don't think I would stay here again if I thought I might need something.

• Stayed May 2014
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am so sorry for your experience. As you can see, this is not our normal standard and I apologize that we failed you. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss our shortcomings. Please let me know when I may contact you.

Rolling Hills Estates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I arrived at 11am and was very pleased when they told me they'd have my room ready in 30 minutes and meanwhile would I like a complementary glass of wine (yes). I had a junior suite at a reasonable rate and with a view of the front courtyard. The staff was friendly and helpful, the free wifi worked really well, the bed was very comfortable (with no questionable bedcover) and the free downtown car service was really appreciated this rainy morning. I haven't given it 5 stars because the rooms could do with a bit of an update. Also bear in mind it's not a cookie cutter hotel so may not be to everybody's taste. And it's a short but quite steep climb from downtown. But I loved it and will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am glad that we were able to accomidate your early check in and our friendly staff made an impression. So happy that you were able to enjoy some of our complimentry services and our car service helped with the hill! Thank you

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed at just about every hotel in Seattle, and the Sorrento is definitely at the top of my list. Magnificent building, really great location. Staff is always on point, the rooms are really nice, and they have excellent conference rooms on the top floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your praise! Made our day. I am glad you found our location convenient and rooms comfortable, but thrilled that our prompt staff made an impression. Thank you so much!

Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend getaway and completely enjoyed the stay. The staff were always very pleasant and helpful. Never one without a smile. The room was beautiful, and we enjoyed the evening entertainment in the fireside lounge. Definitely a great visit and would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you! So glad we were able to make you comfortable during your Getaway! Thrilled to hear our staff was helpful and friendly. I have shared your comments with them. Hope to see you again soon.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

So lucky we found this hotel on Trip Advisor. The decor was all wooden and very traditional (right up my husband's alley!). And it was very old school. . .in a good way. The staff was very helpful with all of our needs (and we had a couple special needs as my husband recently was in the hospital). Our room was great, bed super comfy, pillow choices, etc. Can't wait to get back to Seattle!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope your husband is recovering quickly and I am glad that our staff was helpful in making him more comfortable. We hope to see you again, under more pleasant circumstances. Thank you!

Sorrento Hotel

Been to The Sorrento Hotel? Share your experiences!