“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Spent five days for business. Conveniently located for my purposes. Clean, comfortable and quiet rooms. The gym is above hotel average. Staff friendly.
If your business takes you to Seattle and this location is convenient for you this place can be recommended. I didnt eat at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your kind review. I am so glad that you found our location so convenient. Thank you again.

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Brunswick, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We loved this hotel but it was pricey. But, for a 30th anniverary trip, the corner suite really fit the occaision and was worth it. Such a fabulous room, we wanted to move in for good! Super clean room with fantastic furnishings and appointments, great service, friendly and helpful people, great fitness center. Location is OK, way up the hill from the waterfront and no view. Only ate in the restaurant for Sunday brunch and it was quite forgettable. Go across the street to the Corner Cafe instead.
Probably the worst part of our 3 night stay was the $39/night parking fee, so be prepared!

Room Tip: Splurge on the corner suite, it was fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are so happy that you spent your special event with us and found our Hotel as romantic as we think it is!
Hope to see you again soon.

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! I did some research for hotels on tripadvisor and this one definiltey stuck out. I HIGHLY recommend it. The staff was extremely courteous, the concierge helped with numerous recommendations, and it was a perfect location and the best was the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Definitely a charming hotel:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so, much for such wonderful praise.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and have to agree that our beds are tough to get out of!
Thank you.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Love hardwood, leather and brass buttons. Historical feel to it. Beautiful hotel with excellent service, can get luxury car service as needed. Great location. Excellent value for money as well. Hotel restaurant frequented by locals who know the menu by heart. Meeting room we were in was odd-shaped but that added to the charm. Beautiful view was a distraction but I wouldn't have it any other way!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay & meeting.
We will shut the curtains next time! :)

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Travelled with my partner to Seattle for the first time in July 2013, and after researching around on Tripadvisor and compare notes with other websites, we decided to pick Sorrento Hotel. And we did not regret it! :)

It set a good start for our Seattle trip - we arrived a few hours earlier than the usual check-in time, and when we approached the reception to check-in, we were told we can do so right away - that put a HUGE smile on our face, since we've been up since 5am to catch our flight and we were totally worn out! Excellent customer service!

This is an updated classic semi-luxurious hotel - I personally love the building, the hotel classic decor and settings, the room is updated and yet classy, clean, spacious and unlike other old hotels, it does not have that 'moldy' carpet smell. The room comes with your own freshly ground coffee and french-press.:)

The location is great - within walking distance to literally everywhere. We walked to a whole lot of places, i.e. Pike Market, Capitol Hill, etc... we even walked all the way to the Space Needle!

There's a li'l bar inside the hotel and I did enjoy a couple cocktails there. There's also a bar across the street called Quarter Lounge, check it out. And if you need pharmacy or coffee fix, they are all along the Main St right outside the hotel. Very convenient.

Hope this helps. :)

Room Tip: Choose room on higher floor, if you like quieter environment. But not a deal breaker at all if you c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you for such a great review.
So glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

In an ideal situation the hotel would be 3-5 blocks closer to the water but it worked out well and means it a slightly quieter location.

Seattle seems to have a large homeless population so pick your hotel wisely, this hotel seemed to be away from the homeless population.

The hotel had lots of character and nice classical rooms, I would expect a separate shower for the price but the bed was really comfortable and a tv with a large number of channels although no pay tv system.

I really liked the cosy lounge with a big open fire and great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband found this hotel for our Wedding Anniversary. We were only in town for Three days and nights and I had been looking for a "nice cheap hotel". After he told me to check out the Sorrento and see if I'd like to stay there. Wow, yes!!! It just looked so luxurious! After much searching and price comparison, it really wasn't that much difference ($30-40 a night). We got a Deluxe Room with a King bed. We got a package with the breakfast & parking were included. Loved the valet service. The Hotel is beautiful!!!! The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were perfect! Oh and the best shower EVER!! Big bathroom and everything was VERY CLEAN. Our maid was amazing! Irene was so sweet and did a great job. I liked the "homey" feel of this smaller hotel. You see the same people every day and they care about providing great service. Yes that was appreciated! The floors do squeak (but it is a very old hotel). Breakfast was really good all three days! The fitness room was excellent! Very nice new equipment.
I have only two negatives: The air conditioning couldn't really keep the room cool enough if it was turned off. If you open the bathroom window there is no screen to keep things from falling out and nothing to block full view if you are getting out of the shower. There is no fan in the bathroom so I would want the window open except even though I was on the 5th floor, I don't want people to see me from below or other windows in other buildings. I would rate this 4.5 stars! We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much! Our staff appreciates your kind words and I have given special attention to Irene! Hope to see you again soon!

Sorrento Hotel

Been to The Sorrento Hotel? Share your experiences!