“The Real Deal Says Very Nice Alternative To Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

The Sorrento Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Madison St., Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #17 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Montecito, California
“The Real Deal Says Very Nice Alternative To Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I liked this hotel quite a bit and given how many bad hotels I stay in this was a treat. We held a corporate retreat here and was upgraded to a suite which is very big. What I like about this hotel like the Fairmonts is the blend of old with modern. Now this is a 4 star hotel so it is not all excellent like the Fours Seasons and Fairmonts. But everything that is important is excellent,.The bed is great with lots of pillows and down comforter, the bathroom towels and the amenities are nice - the hardware is poor on the shower but nice bathroom overall all marble. The TVs are nice and big and placed correctly and the wifi is free. The lobby is unique in the old style and decorated for Xmas. There is hot cider at night and candies at the front desk and hot chestnuts. This hotel is 6 blocks from downtown and there is a shuttle. This is a great 4 star and is quite lovely and you will enjoy it. Take it from oneof the toughest critics on this site. Look at my reviews.

Room Tip: The rooms face either downtown and have road noise like any older hotel and roads on 2 sides so choo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Sincerely appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed the Holidays!

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

stayed at this hotel for only one night but my experience was nothing but great. from the very accomodating front desk staff to the waiters in their restaurant on the first floor. i though it was super nice that they offered a complimentary glass of wine in which you can enjoy with a nice selection of dinner meal. The room was spacious enough had all the basic amenities you come to expect in a top rank hotel. the location was very accessible - walking distance to almost everything. i will defiinitely stay here again if i ever go visit seattle again.

Room Tip: The breakfast menu at their restaurant has a wide selection and reasonably price.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have made such an impression. Hope to see you again soon!
Happy Holidays!

Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at The Sorrento last week for work while visiting the Swedish Hospital. With my flight extremely delayed I arrived at the hotel around 2am - to the door locked and no one around. After awhile finally someone arrived to let me in. After getting to my room I discovered that the window was broken and wouldn't stay closed. By this time its almost 3am and with being on the 2nd floor I wasn't concerned for my safety I decide just to snuggle into the comfy bed and try to stay warm until my 7 am check-out. So must say short stay but not impressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear your comments. I would love the opportunity to discuss them with you directly. Please let me know a good time to contact you, would be. A sincere apology and looking forward to speaking with you.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sorrento because I had an appointment with a specialist at the nearby Virginia Mason Hospital. The hotel is elegant without being fussy or pretentious. Guests are treated like treasured friends by all - front desk staff, concierge, room service go above and beyond to provide impeccable service. The first night we stayed in a 5th floor corner suite with a lovely view over downtown to the bay. There is some street noise in these rooms. Luxurious bedding and lots of pillows. I especially liked the bathroom with its white marble and separate areas for shower/toilet and sink. French press coffee in the room with real cream and specialty tea are unexpected pleasures.

We unexpectedly had to stay over a second night because of the need for another medical procedure and called the hotel at 4:30 p.m. to see if we could book another night. To our relief a room was available and when we checked in again, this time I asked for a room away from the street because we live on 10 acres and are used to silence at night. We received a complimentary upgrade to a more expensive room in order to be away from the street noise. While there was no view, the quiet fit our needs better for this night. I really appreciated the care and concern that the front desk staff demonstrated.

The public areas are warm and cozy with traditional Christmas decorations. The fireside room is beautiful, we relaxed there for a couple of hours after check out before leaving for the airport, and I could have stayed longer. We enjoyed dinner in the Hunt Club one evening.

We have stayed at the lodging connected to the hospital, at a B&B, and at a modern hotel in downtown. Hands down this is my favorite place to stay and wouldn't think of booking anywhere else after my experience at the Sorrento.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have spectacular views, but you do get some street noise. I loved Suite 310, it is ver...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! I hope you are recovering comfortably. I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding our staff. I am glad that they were able to make you feel comfortable and welcome! We hope to see you again, under better circumstances.
Happy Holidays!

General manager
southlake, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

What a find. This hotel takes you back in time from the moment you step into the lobby. As others have said, it is very cozy with lots of wood paneling. The small lobby leads to a lounge area with fireplace. The restaurant is off the lounge area and offers great options with locally-sourced ingredients. The guest rooms have all the modern conveniences expected by a business traveler yet still maintain the historic charm. The beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are on the smaller size. The hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from the main downtown area. The personal service adds to the experience. There is also a gym and business center in the basement. If you want a great place to stay that is definitely not cookie-cutter, then this place is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the charms of our unique property! I have shared your comments with our staff. Thanks again.

Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Sorrento in Seattle for our 5th wedding anniversary and wow what an amazing two nights. Talk about rolling out the red carpet, I could not have felt anymore pampered by a hotel. Such a beatiful accomodation. Wish we could have stayed a week! Can't wait to stay at the Sorrento again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a King deluxe suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much! I am so glad that we were able to play apart in your special event. Will see you again soon!

Sorrento hotel
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was so cozy and festive I could have stayed there all week without going outside.
We were lucky to get a huge corner suite and I wish I could have taken the comfortable mattress and bedding home. We arrived on a chilly Black Friday after a long flight from Dubai and the Fireside Room offered a lovely cozy place to relax with a snack, a few drinks and live music.
The a la carte breakfasts in the Hunt Club were also delicious and varied. I tried some of the 7am - 9am Happy Hour breakfast specials as well as the Swiss Chard with two poached eggs and parmesan cheese on Rosemary bread. Once the jet lag subsided we did venture outside of the hotel and had magical days in the wilderness of the Olympic National Park and Mount Rainier National Park. We also had some lively evenings in Belltown, Downtown and Capitol Hill. The Sorrento provided a great base for exploring the North West and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. All of this and they have free wifi too. Would definitely recommend staying here. Only tip, If you have a car, park over the road for $20 rather than pay the $39 a day hotel fee.

Room Tip: No 300 is a huge corner suite with views down to the waterfront
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to the NW and to our Hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff! Thank you!

Sorrento Hotel

Been to The Sorrento Hotel? Share your experiences!