“Happy Holidays” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Dubai
“Happy Holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was so cozy and festive I could have stayed there all week without going outside.
We were lucky to get a huge corner suite and I wish I could have taken the comfortable mattress and bedding home. We arrived on a chilly Black Friday after a long flight from Dubai and the Fireside Room offered a lovely cozy place to relax with a snack, a few drinks and live music.
The a la carte breakfasts in the Hunt Club were also delicious and varied. I tried some of the 7am - 9am Happy Hour breakfast specials as well as the Swiss Chard with two poached eggs and parmesan cheese on Rosemary bread. Once the jet lag subsided we did venture outside of the hotel and had magical days in the wilderness of the Olympic National Park and Mount Rainier National Park. We also had some lively evenings in Belltown, Downtown and Capitol Hill. The Sorrento provided a great base for exploring the North West and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. All of this and they have free wifi too. Would definitely recommend staying here. Only tip, If you have a car, park over the road for $20 rather than pay the $39 a day hotel fee.

Room Tip: No 300 is a huge corner suite with views down to the waterfront
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to the NW and to our Hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff! Thank you!

Sorrento Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A family member's stay at a nearby hospital sent us looking for a nearby hotel. The Sorrento was down the street so I ventured in to check it out. The lobby, sitting room and bar which are right off the entrance all looked warm, cozy and inviting on a cold winter's night. The desk clerk right away asked if she could help. I told her about a relative's stay in the hospital and our need for a room. She indicated there was a special hospital rate which I later discovered was a tremendous saving.

I rented a room which was very nice. We ate dinner at the hotel and the food was exceptional - one of the best chicken sandwiches I have ever eaten. The staff was very helpful in meeting our needs which were many due the emergencies of the day.

We ended up staying a second day and enjoyed every moment of our time at the Sorrento.

PS This review sounds like an advertisement.....which it is not. This was my first and only time staying at the hotel. But I will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so glad we were able to make you feel at ease, during a difficult time. I hope your loved one is recovering comfortably. Eager to see you again under better circumstances.

Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the best Seattle hotel experience. The rooms and beds are so comfortable, in fact I purchased their pillow for home. This boutique hotel caters to your every whim and offers amenities and services you won't soon forget. The hotel is walking distance to everything the city has to offer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words! So glad you enjoyed our bedding, I forget how spoiled we are! Sleep tight.

Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We decided to do something different for Thanksgiving: go to a hotel for a good dinner and change of scene. The Sorrrento Hotel has been perched on First Hill in Seattle since 1909 and retains much of its original charm, especially in the comfortable Fireside Room - the place for tea, drinks, music and snacks. The heavy beamed ceiling, wood-paneled walls and comfortable furniture are warmed by a fireplace decorated with Rockwood Pottery tile work. Near the elevators menus from past times are posted for guests' amusement. Thanksgiving in 1921 ($2.00) featured turtlesoup, oysters, sweetbread patties, roast suckling pig, turkey with chestnut dressing, plum pudding, fruitcake and cheese.

Our dinner was excellent and generous but "only" three courses - more than we could eat.

We were welcomed at reception with two corks to be turned in for glasses of house red or white in the Fireside Room or in our room. We decided to upgrade to a suite on the top floor. It was large and well furnished with quality bedding and towels, a two-room bathroom - one with a large jetted tub and twin shower heads. The walls were decorated with original artwork and the wi-fi was free. The french-press coffee maker made wonderful coffee in the morning.

The room service menu was unusual: it included a dog menu for those who brought Fido along: Wild salmon and chard, scrambled eggs and sweet potato, or ground beef and peas all served with Bowser "beer" and other treats. Briefly considered ordering some as it sounded delicious even tho' we don't have a dog.

The hotel is not in the shopping district or on the waterfront but a van service is available at no charge. They do have a fitness center although we didn't use it. Valet parking is a convenience.

Room Tip: No rooms are alike, even the suites, so if you're fussy it might be good to talk to reception wh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so, so much for such a flattering review. You have reminded me of why I chose the hospitality industry as a career. I am so glad that we were able to make a Holiday memory.
I have passed your comments on to Chef Gilmore regarding our pet friendly menu and you made his day!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stopped here before our doctor's appointment .
that was before happy hour . the fire was nice and inviting in the fireplace, not the restaurant .
It reminds us of old hotels in Philadelphia New York .
The happy hour looks great and we would love to return for dinner .
only regret is that Valet parking is quite costly for an hour of afternoon tea . 10 dollars plus if you want to tip .
I think if anyone wants to go to the restaurant it should be free of charge
I perceive they said they do not charge if you have dinner
. they are hurting themselves ...
everyone very welcoming and very kind .

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our Tea Service. I apologize for the price of Downtown parking and honestly wish we had a better option. One of the draw backs of a 100 year old, Iconic hotel is the lack of a garage. I hope we see you again for Happy Hour!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Dont hesitate to call the Sorrento
They are an older but classic & interesting property.
Always clean & comfty..Great linens
The workers are always knowledgeable & friendly
Love that TOWN CAR
Hate driving after wineing & dining at Itialian In Pioneer Square "Il Teresso Carmine"
Owner Mark in wine country Cozy Rose Inn

Room Tip: Choose the 00 rooms ..Bigger & corner
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow. Thank you so much! I have passed on your comments to our staff! Hope to see you again soon.

San Francsico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation. I usually stay at my Starwood properties but she convinced me that the Sorrento was worth a try. She could not have been more right. The service was amazing in every way. This hotel is historical and has a grand historic feel about it which I loved. They focus on the details like offering a free glass of wine when you check in, providing big fluffy robes, an in-room french press with some fresh locally-roasted coffee and the beds are above heavenly...lots of huge pillows and a gorgoeus comfy duvet. I could have stayed in bed all day! Unfortunately my meeting called.... This is my new Seattle favorite, I will stay here every time I return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed our ammenities and that we made such an impression. Hope to see you again soon (when you can stay in bed ALL day!)

Sorrento Hotel

Been to The Sorrento Hotel? Share your experiences!