“Were in the business & this is one of the good ones” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Sorrento Hotel to your Saves list
The Sorrento Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Madison St., Seattle, WA 98104   |
Ranked #18 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Were in the business & this is one of the good ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Dont hesitate to call the Sorrento
They are an older but classic & interesting property.
Always clean & comfty..Great linens
The workers are always knowledgeable & friendly
Love that TOWN CAR
Hate driving after wineing & dining at Itialian In Pioneer Square "Il Teresso Carmine"
Owner Mark in wine country Cozy Rose Inn

Room Tip: Choose the 00 rooms ..Bigger & corner
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Wow. Thank you so much! I have passed on your comments to our staff! Hope to see you again soon.

Sorrento Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
San Francsico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation. I usually stay at my Starwood properties but she convinced me that the Sorrento was worth a try. She could not have been more right. The service was amazing in every way. This hotel is historical and has a grand historic feel about it which I loved. They focus on the details like offering a free glass of wine when you check in, providing big fluffy robes, an in-room french press with some fresh locally-roasted coffee and the beds are above heavenly...lots of huge pillows and a gorgoeus comfy duvet. I could have stayed in bed all day! Unfortunately my meeting called.... This is my new Seattle favorite, I will stay here every time I return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed our ammenities and that we made such an impression. Hope to see you again soon (when you can stay in bed ALL day!)

Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A perfect mix of old-fashioned cosiness with live music at night and quiet time to read a book by the fireplace during day. Absolutely a good atmosphere in this old establishment:)

What really sold this place in addition to its atmosphere and its perfect position down town, was the staff. The staff we met went above and beyond to serve its guests. They ran to get your car, they popped out of no where when the coffee pot was empty and they always smiled, remembered you from last time and gave that little extra that made you feel special. A very rare experience.

The rooms are were clean and nice. Only complaint was that the shower in our room was very low - (I am 5.7 feet).

We only tried breakfast at the hotel. It was ok - which was a bit disappointing when everything else was "so good". Adding really good coffee and improving the food a little would significantly change impression of the restaurant. But we're in Seattle - there are lots of cafes and breakfast restaurant close by.

All in all - a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Some of the suites will have windows towards the streets and some might feel there is a bit of noise...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this kind review. Your comments regarding our staff has made my day! We sincerely strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is very satisfying to hear we are succeeding!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently booked the Sorrento Hotel for my first trip to Seattle and in celebration of my 50th Birthday. The experience could not have been better. From the arrival with our Pick up at the Amtrak train station to the beautiful and comfortable room, the homey lounge with fireplace and the excellent and attentive staff it was a most enjotable stay. I definately would return. We loved the presspot coffee service in the room also, much nicer then a drip machine.
The location was also convenient to all the to do items on my list. I absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: any room would be a good room at the Sorrento
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that we could play a part in your special event! I am truely happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.

NW US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The charm of this hotel is its rich history and location in downtown Seattle. The hotel was clean and well-kept and the housekeeping staff did a great job with our room. The hotel staff is very professional, friendly and accommodating. An in house restaurant, the Hunt Club, plus many other eating choices are within easy walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank You so much for the kind words. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled that they made an impression. We hope to see you again soon!

Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed for business and will certainly return. A charming, beautiful, exceptionally clean hotel with friendly, smiling staff, very comfortable accommodations and well above-average food. Every staff member I encountered smiled and greeted me. A few remembered my name as I passed the desk first day after check-in. A real find in Seattle!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at The Sorrento Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for the kind comments. I have shared your feedback with our staff and they want to sincerely thank you. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and meals, while you were here. Hope to see you again soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We loved the wonderful atmosphere and charm of the Sorrento. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Its location at the top of a steep hill makes for a somewhat challenging walk when returning from the sights of downtown Seattle, but the walk into the city is great. We took advantage of the free shuttle one evening and were pleased with the service. Our room was very comfortable and very pretty. However, the jolt of cold water that came in the shower whenever the bathroom sink was used simultaneously wasn't all that fun. We would also have liked it if the restaurant stayed open past 9pm. We walked around the neighborhood one night and couldn't find anywhere to eat. Luckily, the room service at the Sorrento was top notch. Being a bit out of the way has its merits, but we would have preferred to be closer to more dining options. Overall, the hotel's charm and character won us over and we'd definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide honest feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff! I am sorry you did not care for our location and hope that our complimentry town car made things easier. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.

Sorrrento Hotel

Been to The Sorrento Hotel? Share your experiences!