“3 star hotel at a 4 star location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Edgewater Hotel Seattle

You added The Edgewater Hotel Seattle to your Saves list
The Edgewater Hotel Seattle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2411 Alaskan Way, Pier 67, Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% Off & FREE WiFi
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Yorba Linda, CA
“3 star hotel at a 4 star location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

The Edgewater's best feature is revealed in its name-it sits on a pier on Elliott Bay, giving the lobby , bar and restaurant nice views of the water with the Olympic mountains behind. The service and rooms are nothing special however. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hallways have a strange unpleasant smell. The front desk staff were either poorly trained, uncaring, or both. At check in, after waiting in a short line, when I got up to the counter the woman behind the desk did not acknowledge me and instead took a long phone call. When she hung up to assist me, I was told my room wasn't ready ( the colleague I was traveling with got a room immediately) and I would be called when it was. 2 hours later with no call I went back to the desk and purposely talked to the other person who was working . A room was indeed ready. Having seen the rooms of 2 colleagues mine was particularly disappointing-very small with no room to set up the luggage rack, and no desk. I went back and asked for a room with a desk as I was there on business. The attendant told me none of the queen rooms had desks, and that he always warns business travelers about that (except me, I guess)-so if you stay there (I would recomend the Marriott down the street instead) be sure to ask for a King room. I mentioned the company I worked for and then did get upgraded to a king room with a partial water view. The city view rooms are depressing-so near, yet so far! The decor in the rooms is best described as cabin cute and not my style. The room was clean enough and the bed was comfortable with good pillows. The best part of the property besides the location (walking distance to Pike Place Market) is restaurant Six Seven. Excellent food and service the 4 meals I had there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

My experience at Edgewater Hotel last week was a mixed one.
I will start with bad experience. I was waken up by huge noise at 4:58 am the first morning. The noise lasted for about 15-20 min, then became quiet all the way to 7 am. After complaining to the front desk (I was offered another room, but just did not bother to move as it was late), the noise was postponed to 6:30 am on the second and the third morning. I got up and opend the door, just to find out hotel staff walking around (and talking). The noise seemed to have come from their moving the heavy laundry carts, as they would park in the narrow hallway during the day. That group of staff (and most probably the hotel management) did not seem to be aware of the guests staying in the hotel. The other factor that made this worse was the old, wooden building. It is not sound-proof at all.
My good experience was with my daily trip to Downtown. The hotel has a van that would send guests to the city in the morning (free of charge). The driver was a nice person and offered a return service as long as I called him. The front desk and the vallet staff were also very nice.
The hotel has a gorgeous waterfront view in the lobby and the reasaurant. I believe it has the same view in those waterfront rooms (unfortunately my room was on the street side). The room interior has a style, with a fireplace. The location of the hotel is good if you would like to walk along the waterfront, and visit the aquarium and the marketplace. But it is a little far from the busy street. I would not recommend walking near the aquarium area alone late in the evenings, as I was approached by a suspecious stranger there one evening.
Overall, this hotel needs to improve its infrastructure to claim a four-star one. At this stage, it is a nice motel.
If you go there for a casure trip, this hotel is still on my recommnedation list. But make sure you have the waterfront rooms and stay far away from the room 101. If you are on a business trip, not a good idea to stay there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I reserved this hotel through priceline and I should say it was one of the worst 4-star hotels I had ever seen. The decoration was not to my taste, which is not really a big deal. The main problems were:

1. The sink in the bathroom, the water would not go... so it would flood in less than 60 sec of running the water.

2. No bathtub in the "DELUXE" king bed rooms. Imagine we paid extra to upgrade the room from normal queen to a DELUXE king... :(

3. The water pressure in the shower did was very very weak, never saw such a weak shower in my life. It took me 30 minutes to get all the shampoo out of my hair.

4. The TV remote did not work.

5. The TV cabinet door would not stay open to watch TV. We had to stuck something in front of it to keep it open.

6. No coffee table or dining table or nothing. We had to eat on the bed... Very hard with the little one.

7. Very noisy. Every time the neighbours opened or closed their doors it was like they were in our room. We could hear everything in the hall ways.

8. Very expensive valet parking (but to be fair, we knew that before we go). $33+taxes for each day. But when priceline gives that to you you have no choice anymore.

9. Was not worth the $80+taxes (per night) we paid priceline, and $10+taxes (per night) for upgrade. I cannot imagine who would pay their regular $200+ prices for this low quality.

Completely unsatisfied. (Staff were nice and friendly though). I totally loved the Silvercloud lake union and wished I would have stayed there.

Stay away, specially if you have young kids.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

This hotel was beautiful. What else can I say? I stayed on the first floor and then moved to the 3rd. The first room was gorgeous, but the walls were a little thin. My 3rd floor was much quieter. The rooms were identical, but I had a better view the second time around. Ask for a room higher than #1. If you can get waterview even better.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Peoria,Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

The room was so cozy with the fireplace and ocean view. The windows opened and you could have the freash air and the fireplace going to keep you worm. You could sit in the comfortable chairs and watch the ship of all sizes go by. Dinner was wonderful our daughter had room service and she was very happy with the food . We took the hotel suttle to different places and the driver was very nice. Over all we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Denver CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

The hotel had a horrible odor. It's a dated property. The rooms are tiny. The only decent part of the room was the bathroom. Definitely not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have stayed at the Edgewater several times now. It is my favorite hotel for decor and location. The bar and restaurant are excellent, not to mention the view. Its a short walk to Pike's Market and convenient to highways. All the rooms are super cozy with a fireplace and fuzzy bear footrest. The Main Lobby is gorgeous with amazing views and very comfortable places to just sit and read. I love coming to Seattle, just so I can stay here, and there are usually great deals for this hotel online.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Edgewater Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!