“Loved the Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Edgewater Hotel Seattle

Save Saved
You added The Edgewater Hotel Seattle to your Saves list
The Edgewater Hotel Seattle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2411 Alaskan Way, Pier 67, Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% savings
Ranked #28 of 95 hotels in Seattle
“Loved the Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Me and my wife went for our anniversary loved the fireplace nice view but of course it was raining promo was was a little hard to understand but a nice asian gentlemen help with the parking and fees, but then i was charged aftrer leaving another fee which icaaled back to ask why i wasnt charged this in the end when i was standing in the lobby when i called back i got a rude lady named (JOLINE) since this was our first time at the location not to happy with some service and i have stayed at the four seasons excellent service

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear locke1670,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am absolutely surprised to hear that one of our team members was rude. This employee regularly gets glowing comments so I was shocked to read your comment. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your visit.

1,816 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I needed a weekend away, but didn't have much time. I took the Clipper from Victoria and stayed at the Edgewater in September 2012. It was so easy - it is a 5 minute walk from the ferry, and perfect place to stay if you want to shop/dine in Seattle and don't have a car. Yes, it is about 15 minutes to the main part of downtown, but I love to walk, and it is a nice walk. It is also right on the ocean, the restaurant feels like it is hanging right over the water. The restaurant is also a great place with great food that is completely comfortable if you are a solo diner. The rooms were very small but for just me it wasn't an issue. The gym was good, the decor very nice - no complaints, and would do it again. Warning though, I wouldn't do it with kids - rooms too small and too far from main attractions for small kids to walk. Otherwise, great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear JohninCanada,

What a wonderful review! Your visit exemplifies the majority of our customers. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit to Seattle. Please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your accommodations.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I got a relatively good price for the city-view room I stayed in, but after I paid $35 for parking for one night and then $10 for internet for 24 hours, I realized how they make their money here. Their bar food and drink were also ridiculously expensive.

The rooms were nice (although they have old school, non-high def tv's with only a handful of channels). The walls were paper thin. The train in front of the hotel is loud, but it was the sounds in the hallway and upstairs that kept me up at night. I could hear my upstairs neighbor using the bathroom.

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear explore30,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have a great Happy Hour at the bar where the prices are a great deal. We are in the process of upgrading our TV's for HD. I am sorry to read that your stay was less than desirable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friends and I stayed here last weekend celebrating a 70th birthday milestone. First impressions are good because of the location right on the waterfront and unique Northwest Woods style of the lobby. Here are the reasons why I wouldn't recommend or go back: Parking and space is limited as this is on one of the piers at the waterfront. Valet parking is $36 plus tax. An absurd amount with few options given as alternative. Our City View side family room was spacious but lacking some of the amenities one expects for the room rate paid. For instance, only one set of ear plugs (needed because of the trains that run just across the street), only one bathrobe provided and a coffee maker that was near impossible to use with only non-dairy creamer offered. These seem like trivialities (even to me) but when considering the extremely expensive room rate I expect exceptional service combined with an abundance of 'like home' amenities! Because of the coffee maker fiasco we headed to the lobby where we hoped there would be complimentary coffee for patrons (this is Seattle - coffee capital after all) but there was nothing. The worst part of our experience was the 'college dorm' like atmosphere on our floor that evening. We returned to our room at midnight and there were several teenagers and people walking/running/chatting/partying in the hallway. Some guy was delivering pizza to the room across from ours which was apparently hosting a party. Since we were not going to get any sleep anytime soon we headed to the lobby bar. At 12:30 the bartenders were calling 'last call' despite a completely full bar of patrons. Basically for the price of a room (even the city-side ones) I was not impressed at all. Next time my friends and I will splurge on a room somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to stay here, definitely splurge and get the water view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear CassidyBoBo,

Your comments allow us to focus on the areas you pointed out we could improve upon. We certainly appreciate these comments and thank you for taking the time to post this review. Please feel free to contact me directly so we my discuss your comments.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Came down for the football game..... Our room (3rd floor city view) was very large ; loved having a fireplace to come back to after wandering in the rain. No noise issues to report - everything worked well. Wonderful beer selection in the bar (microbrews as opposed to commercial sludge) I wish Seattle had more waterfront access - but a good time was had by all

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Doug M,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit here at the Edgewater Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked in unaware that rooms on the city side enjoy the frequent freight trains, some very long passing 24/7 in conjunction with a controlled intersection and the cacophony emitted by the bells. The hotel did provide ear plugs (one set), not sure if we had to share or take turns. The bed albeit advertised as a queen, was no larger than a comparable Australian double bed and after the first night with no sleep, we managed to get upgraded. In addition to what was already an expensive hotel, they wanted an extra USD$40 per night plus tax. Then unfortunately we had a hire car which cost USD $36 per night plus tax

Room Tip: Rooms on ocean side are much quieter and there is a car park across the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JimB22

We appreciate your comments and sorry to learn that the trains bothered you. They are very much part of the wonderful experience of Seattle's waterfront and very important part at that.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a friends weekend in Seattle. We decided to stay at the Edgewater. It boasts some amazing views. When we checked in we upgraded our room to water view. It was stunning. I will say the room was so small. We needed a "double room" I have never had a hotel room with 2 single beds. The room was not as clean as we were expecting. There was lots of dust and hair on the counter and the carpets needed some attention.

The toiletries provided were awesome.

We had drinks in the lounge the night before, the music was too loud and not very good so we went to another venue.

We had breakfast in the morning at sunrise and it may have been the nicest breakfast ever, great service, yummy food that was well priced and the view blew my mind.

I would recommend this place for the million dollar view. The room was not the nicest I've stayed in Seattle.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the water view. Otherwise you will have a view of the $34.00 valet parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CalgaryStacks,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent visit to Seattle. I was a bit surprised to see your comments about "single" beds. We do not have any rooms with single size beds. The rooms with two beds are full or double size. I will follow up with housekeeping regarding the cleanliness of your room.

We are very proud of our views, being that we are the only waterfront hotel in Seattle. If future plans bring you back to the Emerald City, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can assist with your plans.

Director of Operations.

Been to The Edgewater Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!