“Make a reservation! You won't be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Up to 20% off
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Make a reservation! You won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2005

The news that Conde Nast Traveler's magazine recently listed Hotel Andra as a "Hot Hotel for 2005" really intrigued me so when a friend's planned wedding in Seattle was announced, I booked rooms immediately & directly with the hotel, using the fax number off their website. The hotel lobby, bar and rooms are decorated in a hip, modern, yet welcoming, Scandanavian style. The bar/restaurant is a happening place, spilling over into the lobby at night with stylish, mostly young people drinking and talking. Quiet, though; no boorish behavior. Our party booked both a suite at $299/night and a double at $159/night. Suites are indeed two separate rooms, as advertized, but don't expect a lot of privacy as the door between the rooms is louvered. Still, if your group is a family or merely good friends, there is an adequate degree of separateness. Rooms are a comfortable size, very clean, well-furnished and without noticeable wear and tear, although the bathrooms are a bit small. The beds are super-comfortable and guests are provided with a great number of spa-type towels. Flat-screen TV in the rooms, too. The business center is small; one desk-top computer and one printer which did not work during part of our stay. Online e-mail is free, however, and there's another desktop in the lobby for use by guests. The entire hotel is WI-FI, $10.00 per day. As they say in real estate, the best part of the hotel is location, location, location. It's three blocks to major shopping, four blocks to Pike Place Market, and many great restaurants are within walking, too. Also, there's a Ralph's on the corner and, 40 yards away, the Airporter Connector bus ($17 roundtrip compared to $56 for a taxi) picks up and drops off every 30 minutes or so. The monorail to the Space Needle and Experience Music Project is only a few blocks away, too. I recommend Hotel Andra without reservation.....Ooops, maybe that's with reservation. Make one next time you're heading to Seattle!

Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2005

My wife, son and I just returned from a 5 night stay in Seattle; we stayed at Hotel Andra. We loved the ambience of the hotel, and can't say enough about the friendly, helpful staff. We really liked the location as well. Really close to the Market and within easy walking distance to the heart of downtown. We will be back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Andra on Saturday night before leaving on an Alaska cruise. Our suite was large and well appointed...hubby loved the flat screen tv. Knowing that when we came back from our cruise the following weekend, we were going to spend most of the day in Seattle before our late night flight back to FL, we asked if they had day only rooms available for the following weekend so we would have a place to shower and leave our luggage while we explored Seattle further. They gave us a studio which we checked into at 730am and left at 7pm. The staff at the Hotel Andra is wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. The location near Pike Place and the Space Needle is perfect for exploring on foot.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Andra recently for a shopping weekend and had a great time shopping but wasn't blown away by the hotel. The place does have a neat look to it, though the lobby look was a bit undecided- half ski lodge with the fireplace and wood table, and half more clean cut and trendy. The room was fine, nothing spectacular, and I have to agree that the bathroom was quite teensy, and definitely not new, though there were some new pieces in it, I guess. The beds were very comfy though. No problems with onion smells, or the valet, and the girl at the front desk/concierge who checked us in was very helpful and pleasant actually.

Would i go back? For a good rate I would, but I'm going to shop around next time to see what else there is. The pieces weren't quite completely pulled together in the room, and the bathrooms were definitely not my favourite, but the location is pretty fantastic. You're right by the shopping, right by the main restaurant strip, a couple blocks from Pike Place market. So for a good rate, and a shopping weekend, it's perfect!

• Stayed April 2005
Wailea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

My husband and I and friends really enjoyed our weekend stay. The rooms were just as advertised and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Lola was also very good. We didn't get to try Assaiggio but we heard some other guests talking about their great experience there. The location is near shopping and the Market.
Our room rate was comparable with other hotels we considered but I think the Andra rooms are larger on the average. Would definately recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

We stumbled across this hotel in a web search and now are totally addicted and cannot wait to go back. Because of flight delays we did not arrive at the hotel until midnight and had to check out at 7 am. The room was spectacular - feeling very much like an old NY apartment. Wonderful beds and linens that make it nearly impossible to get out of bed. The staff is warm and friendly. Don't expect grandeur - expect something that is a find. This is not the Westin or W, but has the same feel - just on a very small scale. Highly recommended for those who want to get away from the mass market scene.

Stayed May 2005
las vegas, nv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2005

I booked this hotel because: 1. the reviews here seemed pretty decent (except for the onion smell) and 2. their website made it look modern, hip and different. First impressions... great looking lobby, OVERWHELMING onion smell (in the lobby), arrogant front desk, cool elevators with televisions, attractive and modern room. At first, I thought I'd made a GREAT choice. It looked fantastic. But looks can be deceiving and like the saying goes "beauty is only skin deep", so was this hotel.

Let me spew: we arrived quite late at night. Upon walking into our room, none of the lights came on. I had to fumble around in the dark to find a lamp. Our room was supposed to have a crib set up for our daughter, however it did not. When it was brought to our room, one side was separated and we were told we needed to read the instructions on how to put it together. It was 11pm, we had been travelling all day with a young child, and were really not in the mood to put it together. We DID NOT pay 200+ dollars a night to put the bed together!!!! We called down to the front desk and told them to send someone up to fix the problem. The same guy came up, but by then we had nearly sorted it out. This just seemed unbelievable that a hotel of this quality would do such a thing.

Once settled in bed, we were kept awake for hours because of the noise from downstairs. We could hear the music from the lobby/bar in both our room and the bathroom and we could constantly hear noise from the street (both valet and traffic, especially lots of sirens). I can honestly say that these were the worst 3 nights of sleep I've had since getting the baby to sleep through the night. While the bed was quite comfortable, the pillows were not. They were limp down pillows and just extremely uncomfortable. We decided to turn the a/c on to cool down the room, but it was horribly noisy and smelled like a baby powder scent was being pumped through (post-pregnancy supernose power smells everything!). I am not 100% positive, but I would hazard a guess that it was to help clear out the onion aroma. Regardless of smell, it was so loud we couldn't hear the tv without cranking up the volume, so we kept it off. Yet another annoyance. Speaking of tv, I was under the impression that our room was supposed to have a plasma tv but it was just a flat screen, regular one.

The room (Lux Suite) was clean and a fairly good size, including a separate sink/minibar area, desk, and couch. The bathroom was fairly small, and the toiletries were nothing special. There were lots of lights and lamps, which was nice. The hotel does have a small exercise room (just looked in) and a computer room with 2 computers, which I did use.

The location was pretty decent and within walking distance to most everything. The front desk staff was NOT at all friendly. They never looked up or said hi when you passed right by them to get to the elevator. The only people who were friendly, were 2 valet guys. We didn't have any issues parking or retrieving our car, like a previous poster mentioned. However, we did call down to get it out in advance. Valet was $24/night.

We never went to the restaurant, LOLA (didn't seem suitable for children), so I can't give a review for that, but it looked fine from the outside.

The day before we left, the cleaning staff hadn't cleaned our room by 2pm (we'd been out), so I called down to see if someone could come up before I put our daughter down. They decided to come back at 4pm after her nap. Needless to say, when they finally came back, my husband was in the bathroom, so I asked if they could give us a minute. They said "no" and that they had to leave for the day. I rushed him out of there, much to his dismay. I hope he left them a nice, and hopefully worse than onion aroma, if you get what I'm saying. :) This was just NOT the level of service I expected from a small luxury hotel.

The last morning, we were awake by 5am because of all the street noise/valet, so we decided to just pack up and get out of there. When we checked out, I was completely ready to let the front desk clerk know just how terrible our stay was, only he never even asked. Funny that!!!! Seriously, how can you not ask how everything was????? I was so amazed I just walked out shaking my head. Thank goodness for tripadvisor. I thought, at least I can tell people who might care!

To sum up this hotel... it is very nice looking inside. Once you start looking beyond the decor, you realize that they've taken an old hotel and spruced it up without properly insulating the walls from noise. They've put arrogant, uncaring people out as their representatives, who are disinterested in creating a positive guest experience. I don't care if it is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen, if I can't sleep and the staff are rude, it just ruins everything. Looks are NOT everything.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Hotel Andra? Share your experiences!