“Can't Wait to Return” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Luling, La
“Can't Wait to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

What a great hotel! Wonderful location-it's close to everything...Pike's Place Market, monorail, great shops, rental car agency, etc. Large suite, walk-in closet, nice bathroom. Lola restaurant is also a nice addition to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Johnny60K,

It was wondeful having you as our guest. Thank your for staying at Hotel Ändra and providing our Trip Advisor audience your personal reflection of your recent stay. I'm delighted to read that you were able to take great advantage of our central location during your visit. Our Lola Restaurant team members also appreciate knowing that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere while visiting Seattle.

Our goal is to make each stay more relaxing and enjoyable than the previous visit! We look forward to future opportunities to have you stay with us again soon.

Warmest Regards,
Lars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for a conference hosted by my company. The room was very European - modern but comfortable. Loved the vanity room with bench, mirror and walk in closet. Full amenities and nice view from the 9th floor. Even the shower and hair gel are quality. We were served healthy gourmet meals on the mezzanine level and down below was a spacious meeting room with a projector/screen and tables. Great setting for a small to medium size gathering. Front desk and concierge staff is very friendly and can arrange whatever you need at a moment's notice like a town car to the airport. We do a lot of business in Seattle and Hotel Andra is a great location with a happening lounge but close to everything downtown has to offer.

Room Tip: I had a 9th floor room 2 double beds. Roomy for 2 or a small family and quiet to get rested.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Niki P,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We are also delighted that your company chose Hotel Andra to have it's business meeting. Our catering team along with our hotel services team appreciate your accolades. It is a true compliment to learn that you enjoyed your visit and that the meeting was a success!

We pride ourselves on exceeding our guest expectations and making each visit (whether business or pleasure) relaxing and enjoyable. Your personal reflection of your stay will be used as part of our service training so that we can continue to make Hotel Ändra your home away from home!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Danville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Andra is walkable to Pike's place, downtown shopping and the space needle. A nice combination of a historic building that has been 'hip-a-fied.' The suite was large, well appointed and had great light. Bathroom is small, but has nice finishes. Lola (restaurant is excellent, especially enjoyed the bacon.

Room Tip: Corner suite is huge and well appointed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

"Honey, I'm home!" That's how I feel with each visit to Hotel Andra. The lobby feels like a welcoming living room and unlike other hotels, a place you'd actually like to relax in while waiting for friends; reading your paper; enjoying your coffee. The staff are always so pleasant, professonal and ready with a smile. Each room I've stayed in has been spotless, well-appointed, the beds very, very comfortable. I now don't consider anywhere else to stay when in Seattle. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

There was some misunderstanding between me and the hotel when I visited Seattle in May this year. I could not get my paid room when I arrived. I left Seattle in a very bad mood without staying in the hotel. I made a complaint to the hotel management team and got positive response from the director. She took my complaint seriously. She apologized sincerely and refunded the hotel charge to me. I appreciate her responsible act. She has changed my impression on the hotel. I will certainly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
southern US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a delight! Everything about this hotel is done right. We stayed for four nights and would definitely return if we were in Seattle again. The two-room suite was a good value for about $200 a night. The staff was very helpful but not pushy. The bed was very, very comfortable with upscale linens. I'm a light sleeper and I appreciated that the rooms were absolutely silent and the room-darkening drapes kept out the 5:30 AM light. Appealing small lobby with a gas log fireplace was soothing during the cool, damp weather. I was delighted that the NY Times was at our door each morning, even Sunday!

We had a very pleasant but pricy breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, Lola, but didn't have time to try dinner there.

We could walk to everything in Seattle from here - the Space Needle, the Pike Place Market, and great restaurants. (Some of the walks involved significant hills!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Yankeeinexile,

It was a true pleasure having you stay at Hotel Ändra. Thank you for being our guest and allowing us the opportunity to exceed your expectations. I was delighted to read that our central location made access to many of Seattle's iconic attractions easy for you.

We've made a special notation on your reservation that you enjoyed the spacious Lux Suite and that our friendly, attentive team members provided you the perfect level of service. Our goal is to make each stay relaxing and enjoyable and we look forward to many opportunities to have you stay in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly or any one of our team members if we can be of any assistance to you when planning your next stay at Hotel Ändra!

Thank you again for being our guest!

Warmest Regards,
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Andrea this past weekend, with a group of women on a shopping trip. My friend with whom I shared a room with stays there frequently, and recommended it. The location is great. No doubt about it. And, we booked with the Nothern Neighbour rate, which was very reasonable, but in my view it would have to be a lot cheaper than the others downtown to get me to stay there again. First, they tried to charge us $136 more for the room when we checked in, an to prove our rate (they didn't believe us) we had to email them the email they sent us confirming the rate. Second, that same email said we would get a free upgrade but of course when we checked in they said there were no upgrades available. Unapologetically. Third, the room wasn't even as advertised. Again, the same confirmation email said we would have a "separate vanity area" with a "leather ottoman", but all we had was one chair and a desk in our room. As for the room, if was poorly lit (no overhead lights at all, just some ambiant lighting and lamps) and the worst was it didn't seem very clean. There was a toothpick sitting in the middle of our floor when we entered our room - and it wasn't ours! Ewww! Needless to say we wore our flip flops everywhere in the room. The air conditioning in the room sounded like a blow dryer going on every time it went on. Finally, when we went to check out, the front desk clerk (alone) was also taking reservations and so we wait to wait endless amount of time just to check out. And, the icing on the cake (pun intended): we needed a coffee/breakfast before we headed out and there was a lovely bakery across the street but the valet told us (wrongly) it didn't open until 9 - luckily we saw people going in and out and so figured it out, but seriously?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary B,

It was a pleasure having your stay with us. I'm truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. You have made some wonderful observations and certainly we will use your comments and review as part of our service training to ensure that you and future guest do not encounter the same concerns.

I'm delighted to know that your travel companion has stayed with us many times and that she can verify that your recent experience is uncommon. We strive to make each visit relaxing and enjoyable and look forward to making your next visit just that.

I wanted to share with you that we have many different Superia Room types and most, but not all, do have the separate vanity area with ottoman and mirror. All guest rooms however still has the same luxury amenities, spacious floor plans, and upgraded, luxurious, bed linens.

I've made a special note on your reservation profile indciating that you would prefer the Superia Room with the vanity area for future reservations. This will help us assign the peferfect room just for you! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are planning your next visit to Seattle, I would be glad to personally oversee the details of your reservation.

Warmly,
Lars

Been to Hotel Andra? Share your experiences!