“clean, quiet, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
San Diego, California
“clean, quiet, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I made a reservation at Hotel Andra after reading reviews on line. I was looking for a centrally located, quiet, comfortable hotel, near the light rail, for a long weekend visit with friends, and Andra fit the bill perfectly. My room was spacious, with more shelf and drawer space than most rooms, and nice touches like a coat hook by the door, a nite light in the bathroom, and ear plugs in the bedside drawer. I asked for a quiet room and got one, with a potential problem--connecting doors to the next room. Luckily, my neighbors were quiet, but if they hadn't been the doors wouldn't have helped much. The in-room coffee was awful (a Starbucks packet). Finally, the hotel charges extra for an internet connection, which is inexcusable these days...rather like charging for TV use.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed for one night after a long flight from NY. Took the suite for 350+vallet parking. The reason we choose Andra, is that they are advirtised as having the famous nordic Haestens beds. Staff didn't have a clue what I was talking about, of course no such bed in the room, and the girl I spoke to, never reached out to me to address my concern. Anyway, Suite has the bed lying in line with the front door of the room, needless to say , you can hear the world drunk or not return to their rooms late at night. Noisy !. Room faced the back where the ventilation system run non stop. Dont open the windows, noisy and a strong cooking smell will fill your room. I wonder what a normal guest room is like, when the suite is such ?! Never again Andra without the Haestens, even thou I luv Seattle. For that price, I stay at Four Seasons facing the water.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelAndra, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear MarthaNY,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Andra with us. We are disappointed to hear that your stay was not entirely what you expected, and do truly apologize for the confusion regarding the Hastens beds. We did at one time have three of the beds in the hotel; however, we have not had them since December 2010. In an effort to maintain accuracy about Hotel Andra, we do regularly search for inaccurate information that may be posted or written, and would appreciate if you would direct us to the place you found the information about the Hastens beds so we can immediately correct it for future travelers!

In addition, we do want every guest to enjoy a quiet, relaxing stay with us. We are a downtown, urban hotel, and as such there may be times when the city sounds reach our travelers, but we will be happy to make every effort to accommodate any specific requests you may have for your return visit.

We appreciate your feedback!

Kind regards,

Kelsey Hunsinger
Marketing Manager
FlyWriter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stay at the Hotel Andra every December for a short city break. We've had a wonderful experience every time. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The one time we requested a room change, we were quickly accommodated. The rooms are modern, yet cosy, with nice linens on the bed and fluffy towels in the bath.

The Andra is the perfect location for exploring downtown Seattle. Everything is within walking distance and anything further out is reachable by the monorail or light-rail. One year we took the monorail to the PNB Nutcracker and the next year we walked to Benaroya Hall for Handel's Messiah.

A couple of tips: The Dahlia Bakery across the street has many of the same breakfast offerings as Lola, the hotel restaurant, at a fraction of the cost. My husband and I alternate who is going to run across the street to pick up breakfast and coffee and then we have a leisurely meal in our room while reading the complimentary paper.

We park at the airport and take the light-rail into the city. No hassles with parking and certainly less expensive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

chose to stay at hotel andra the night before leaving on a cruise from pier 91. beautiful decor, large room, tremendously comfortable king bed. tremendous location and walking distance to waterfront, restaurants, etc. everyone in the hotel devoted to service.
the restaurant in the hotel: "LOLA" is fantastic...make reservations in advance as it is packed.

Room Tip: got a great deal on orbitz.
, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear Ikrocks,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review about your visit to Seattle, our amazing staff, and the restaurant Lola. Lola does fill up very quickly so your tip about making advanced reservations is very helpful. I also wanted to let you know that while you can always find great rates on Orbitz, our personal website always offers the lowest rates available and fantastic packages. It is always the best way to learn the most about our amazing hotel.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Following yet another US roadtrip, we spent out last night in the Andra - a hotel I had shortlisted via tripadvisor.

The hotel is rather stylish, and we were greeted by generally friendly members of staff. Quickly on our way to the top floor room, as per my standard request at all hotels. Decent sized room, with a comfortable sofa, and nice king size bed. The GF enjoyed the little area she could sit to do her makeup, and I was very impressed by the fantastically designed toilet/shower room. One of the nicest I have seen in a long time. I read a lot of comments on tripadvisor about hotel shower pressure. Let me tell you - in the Andra, it might be TOO powerful! Very refreshing.

The location of the hotel was very good. We managed to easily walk to all that we wanted. We prefer to walk around the neighbourhoods, to really get a feel for the places we are visiting, and we walked to and from the Space Needle in the evening after dark, with no issues at all. Easy. Area seemed very safe too.

My only negative comment is that of noise. Yes, I know that the hotel is located in the middle of a city. But our room was located on the front side of the hotel, overlooking 4th Avenue. Even up on 10th floor and it remained very loud late into the Friday night, with sirens and loud vehicles. My GF had a tough time sleeping, and I was also woken a couple of times. Not what we needed the day before our 11 hour flight back to Europe. My tip to you all would be to demand a room on the rear of the hotel, away from 4th.

I will absolutely consider this property next time I am in Seattle. But might ensure I have earplugs with me in case..!

Room Tip: try to get a room around the back..
Dear cag18,

Thank you for such a wonderful description of our guest rooms. We recently completed a major renovation of our bathrooms so I am glad you found them to be so stylish and comfortable. The vanity is a wonderful place to sit and prepare for the day.

I am sorry that the noise from the street did not allow you to get much rest before your long flight home. As you mentioned as a downtown hotel noise from the street can, at times, be louder than expected. The good news is that all of the widows in our guest rooms are double paned and truly help keep the noise out. Also, we have a number of rooms which face northwest that may be quieter and still have good views of our neighborhood.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 via mobile

This place is at the edge of downtown and Belltown. Great location if you want to easily get away from the downtown touristy places. The hotel was renovated when the Andra took it over but you can see the bones of what it once was. The rooms are big and well appointed. Tivoli clock radios, couches, walk-in closet, wet bar. The only negative on the room is that the bathroom is pretty small. Remnant of the old bones I suppose. Service was good. Free newspaper and shoe shine. Lobby is nice with fireplace. Definitely recommend over any of the chains.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Dharmabum87,

We are all so thrilled that you had such a great time during your visit to Seattle. I am especially proud of the fact that you felt we were so much better than the “chain” hotels. We truly pride ourselves on the fact that we want our guests to feel like we are their home away from home. Our service is the key to this expectation and it makes us feel great when a guest experiences this personalized service.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I, along with friends, stayed at Hotel Andra a couple weeks back. It is nice hotel and reasonably priced. The rooms are smaller than they appear online and the bathrooms are tiny. However, they are nicely equipped and decorated. Staff was responsive. The "gym" is bascially a hotel room with a few pieces of equipment in it, so if you are looking for a great workout, look elsewhere. The location of the hotel is great and the restaurant was good. Overall, a good stay.

Dear Idc20,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words about your recent stay at the Hotel Ändra. I am so sorry the room was not as big as you had hoped. We have a number of different room categories that can vary in size. I also wanted to thank you for your feedback about the fitness room. We are constantly making improvements to our amenities and your comments about the fitness facility will be very helpful to us.

We all hope to see you back soon.

Thank you again.

Jonathan Bartlett

Been to Hotel Andra? Share your experiences!