“Great Location but Pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Location but Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is centrally located in downtown Seattle. It is within walking distance to the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass as well as the Pike Street Market area and several other shopping venues. A short cab ride will take you to the piers where the ferry and sightseeing boats leave from. The rooms are nice, clean and well appointed but are fairly expensive compared to other comparable rooms that I have stayed in. I suppose you pay for the location. I would stay there again just for the location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We appreciate your comments on our convenient location to all that Seattle has to offer. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back whether it is for business or pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I actually like this hotel better than the W or Westin. They have a fantastic gym, really good SPG lounge and nice rooms. I prefer the rooms to those in the W. The W rooms are smaller. I also prefer this gym to the gym at the W or Westin. It is bigger and more modern. The Westin is more out of the way. I also like the Daily Grill restaurant in this hotel - the service is amazing. The SPG lounge has full breakfast. I don't think the other two hotels have a SPG lounge.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoy our Sheraton Fitness Center and the Sheraton Club Lounge. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We arrived when traffic was heavy and so it was quite congested at the entrance to the hotel. The friendly staff checked us in and we were offered the green choice. No housekeeping and we would get a daily voucher pushed under our door to use for discount on meals etc. We stayed three nights and never received any vouchers. We will not choose that again. We were on the 25th floor and the room was nice and clean. The location is great - within walking distance to Pike Markets, Space Needle, and many different places to dine. The wifi had a daily charge but didn't work satisfactorily. This hotel was not cheap and should include free wifi to guests. Parking was also expensive but as a tourist, we had no choice. The valet staff were very good when we needed our car bought up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
albury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were jet lagged after 27 hrs of travelling & this was the best bed we've ever not slept in! We were definitely 'Sleepless in Seattle', but the beds were amazing just to be reading in at 3am! Plus the indoor pool was beautiful & warm, great views too. Definitely one of our all time favourite hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Sheraton is in the heart of downtown Seattle across the street from the convention center. The rooms are nicely furnished, and I've always liked the Sheraton beds. I especially appreciated a large desk with room to spread out and get some work done. I ate in the restaurant and it was good, but a bit over-priced, but this is as expected. I found some very nice food choices nearby.

My only problem is that when I checked in, I was asked if I'd like to take advantage of the "Make a Green Choice" and limit my housekeeping to one or two times for a week stay. I'm a sucker for anything that sounds like it will help the environment, and they offered a $5 meal coupon for every day without housekeeping so I said yes. I now think that the only thing green about this is the money the hotel saves on housekeeper wages. And while I'm not terribly messy, I hated not having my bed made, trash emptied and dirty towels replaced. I won't make this mistake again.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and the #1 thing I look for in a hotel is a good sleep - and frequently that means a comfortable bed. This trip was 14 days and I spent the first ten at the Marriott Del Mar in California. I went from there directly to the Seattle Sheraton. The bed at the Marriott in Del Mar, Calif was "a good, good sleep." The bed at the Sheraton was below average. It wasn't nearly as comfortable. Neither were the pillows. I don't profess to be an expert at mattresses or bedding materials, but I am an expert at sleeping in hotel beds (+/- 15 days/month). I did not sleep well any of the 4 nights I stayed at the Sheraton. I just couldn't get comfortable.

Otherwise, the Sheraton paid a lot of attention to many details. I was on the 18th floor on the north tower. Roomy bathroom - (oddly, no separate bath towel for the cold tiled bathroom floor - had to use a hand towel). Very good soaps, liquid bath soaps, shampoo and conditioner. The body lotion - average.

There was a closet safe, a mini-refrigerator stocked with alcohol, (but room for little else) and a "Mr. Coffee" coffeemaker with two coffee packets (+1 decaf) and 4 real small coffee creamers (not powdered creamer) AND 2 free bottles of Dasani water large enough for making two cups of coffee.

I had no issues with my room keys de-magnetizing. There are free USA Today and WSJs (+an occasional "China Today) at the front desk. The desk staff was extremely accommodating.

The Hotel is at 6th and Union (to the south) and Pike Street (to the north). If you walk 6 blocks down Pike St, you'll find the famous Pike Street Market where they toss some very large fish from in to outside the fish counter.

There are too many fine restaurants around the Sheraton to mention, so I won't even try.

From Sea-Tac Airport to the Sheraton, you can take the light-rail for just $2. (Take rail from the airport to the last stop - Westlake exit. Exit to 4th&Pine. Turn onto 6th.) or pay +\- $50 cab fare. (I left for the airport at 3:30 am for a 6am flight departure. I took a cab and there was a line-up, even at that early hour. I was at Sea-tac at 4am. Delta Lounge opens @ 5 am on S terminal - but a Seattle's Best opens at 4:30 am. The airport is open 24/7).

My advice: good location. Good hotel. I'll stay there again - and I'll eat more oysters whilst there!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New Providence, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

It is only about 0.3 miles to Pike place market, about mile to Space Needle and close to convention center. There are many nice restaurants around also. This hotel is very clean and quiet. My husband and I both get a nice rest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thanks for commenting on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. They are designed to give our guests a great night's sleep which is so important when travelling. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks!

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!