“Good, Generic Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Willamette Valley, Oregon
“Good, Generic Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My college aged daughter and I stayed here one night on a Spring Break trip. We had a positive experience. This is a very good large, standard 4 star business hotel. Nothing really stands out as exceptional in our experience, but no negatives whatsoever for us. The staff was very friendly and our room was clean, well-appointed and super comfy. I would definitely stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay at our hotel. We receive excellent reviews on our location and comfort of our rooms, we are so pleased that you agree! I was delighted to read your comments on fast, clean and comfortable rooms and service! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having stayed at several 4 star rated hotels this past year, I can honestly say Sheraton Seattle Hotel is the worst. Frankly I am having trouble wrapping my head around how this particular establishment met the requirements. The first individual I spoke with prior to coming was short with me and sounded irritated that I was bothering her. I expect that sort of customer service at Motel 6, not a 4 star hotel in Seattle. The rest of the staff was varying degrees of slightly more pleasant but not enough to actually make me feel welcome. I know it might be petty but I despise automated systems, especially when I am forced to cycle through several times only to get a canned message telling me that I cannot, in fact, call down to the valet and have my car waiting. I like speaking to people, that's why I chose a 4 star hotel in Seattle. On top of the poor customer service. the room was dingy, poorly lit, the bathroom lock did not work, the bathroom fan did not work, and there was dried citrus fruit of some sort. I am not sure what variety because it had been missed so many times by housekeeping that it had become unidentifiable. If you are used to 3 star hotels you might be satisfied. I did hear of another tower that was better but if a hotel is rated 4 stars the entire establishment should be held to that standard, not just the new part. I don't expect to ever stay here again nor do I recommend anyone play room roulette at Sheraton Seattle Hotel.

"An apology without action is just another insult"

If you've seen this review on other websites, it's because I don't want to miss anyone.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Joshua - I would like to discuss some specific actions we have done based upon your challenging experience. The description of your encounters makes me very uncomfortable and am sorry you experienced these interactions that fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com so we can coordinate a time to speak.

Trevor
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Sheraton Seattle Hotel seems like a typical urban conference hotel in a lot of ways. It's very large, rather anonymous, but it fulfills its function pretty well. This facility is split into two towers, the Pike and the Union. Our room was in the Union, which seems to be the newer of the two. The room was a reasonable size and was clean. I found the bed, and the sheets in particular, to be very comfortable. The only downside of the room was the fact that the closet (which also contains the safe) was very dark. It made it difficult to find things because of the lack of light. On a positive note, this is probably the quietest hotel room I've stayed in over the last several years. There seems to be a good deal of soundproofing between the rooms and there is very limited sound-carry from the hall into the room. It made for a good night's sleep.

The hotel is very conveniently located with many shops and restaurants nearby. The Pike Place Market is just five blocks away. The staff seemed pleasant and reasonably efficient. I'd consider staying here when in Seattle again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Union Tower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and the quiet nights rest you received.
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Apparently you have to pay extra for the 4-star rating. Our floor (26) in the Pike Tower was gloomy, dingy, sloppy and dark. The room was no better. Crappy view, totally outdated furnishings, and we even found a rotten lemon that housekeeping overlooked! Joy. The bathroom door lock was broken and so was the fan. I saw other people with kids on our floor and wonder if the crappy floors aren't reserved for us. As an SPG member I was blown away with the lack of amenities here. The street noise was insane, the front desk and valet didn't answer the phone when we called half of the time and the no smoking signs outside of the hotel were ignored. Every time we walked out the doors with our kids the cloud of smoke from people smoking in the stairwell was overwhelming, not to mention ridiculously tacky. And what 4-star hotel doesn't have a doorman? I read that our side of the hotel was the older side but that shouldn't matter. Worst 4-star I've ever stayed in, we will definitely stay at a Kimpton hotel next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Burl B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear elissalane,
We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like the opportunity to resolve this, if we can. Please contact me directly so we can turn this situation around.
Thank you for sharing your comments, we sincerely value our guests feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve our services.
Burl Battersby
Burl.Battersby@Sheraton.com
Director of Rooms
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Such a clean room, wonderful bed, awesome amenities. Just a great stay in a wonderful city. We had great walking distance to our locations. Would like to see free WIFI in the rooms though not just the lobby - pay enough in staying there that a perk for travelers would be the WIFI.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Seattle is a great city and it is nice to know you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton. Thanks for the review.
Fairbanks, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed and was profoundly underwhelmed by this property. The carpet in the public areas was worn and dirty. I had a meeting with a client and was put in a little conference room on a darkened floor. The room was average Sheraton quality. Im a SPG guy so I will stay at the W or Westin from now on.

• Stayed March 2014
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Alaskanabroad - thank you for your recent review and for staying with us at the Sheraton Seattle. My sincerest apologies for not exceeding expectations with some of our public space and for the small conference room. I am not sure of the details on the arrangement but would enjoy a conversation with you so I can understand your experience better. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Trevor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was at this hotel for a week-long conference and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff and management are engaged and focus on service. Mary the concierge is beyond helpful and anticipates needs. The Catering operation was exceptional. I particularly enjoyed the healthy offerings at all the breaks and meals. The wines for our Social hour were excellent. Food and service at the Daily Grille were also above expectations. When returning to Seattle I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate the fantastic review and we are so glad you enjoyed your week with us. I will be sure to pass on your praise to Mary. She is fantastic and we know we are fortunate to have her on our team. Thanks!

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!