“Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles
“Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If comfort, practicality, and a good central location are what you are looking for in Seattle, then this hotel fits the bill. We were in Seattle for two nights pre-cruise and did not have a car to get us around. Not to worry, the hop-on, hop-off trolly (with one of it's stops directly at this hotel) at $20 per person for a one-day pass got us everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel is at the heart of the shopping district and close enough to the flagship Nordstroms to walk there and back with arms loaded with shopping bags. Two movie theaters are within blocks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. I love your comment about our proximity to the flagship Nordstrom. You must have been here during their Anniversary Sale! Thanks for mentioning the trolley. It is fairly new and we are hearing great things about their service. We hope you will be back to visit us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is pretty decent. Typically what you would expect. I had the basic room which was okay.

Cons - No mini fridge, washroom was cramped. No robe, no slippers.

Pros - it did the job. Close to shopping, monorail, theater, cheesecake factory. A bit of a walk away from Pike Place but you can shop along the way.

BIG CON- Overnight Valet is $38. If theres a parkade nearby i suppose that would be a cheaper option.

TIP - if checking out with Valet. Don't check out during the check out time. It's PACKED. Waited 15 minutes for my car. Use the express check out for your room. The line at the lobby was long too. Maybe it was because I left on a Sunday though. Better luck on the weekdays.

• Stayed July 2013
Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Seattle Sheraton is at a reasonably good location but that is about it. The room while otherwise comfortable had an air conditioner that made a loud buzzing sound. And it often took way too long to get an elevator. If you are a SPG elite member, or pay for club privileges, don't expect much in the club lounge. Indeed, if you need assistance in the lounge during the day there is a good chance no one will be there to help you as I did spend some time on my first visit searching around for someone but without success

But what really turned me against this hotel is that at check-out I reported my mini-bar consumption and paid for it. I specifically told the man who processed this (and took my money--the reservation was otherwise prepaid) to make sure I didn't get double-charged when they later reviewed my room after checkout. He assured me this would not happen. He also told me his computer was running slow and asked whether he could email me the invoice rather than provide it at the time. I said he could.

Although he never did send the invoice, at least I know from the Starwood points I later received for the mini-bar purchase that my account was credited with the cash payment. However, a few days after I checked out I noticed they charged my credit card for the items I already paid for in cash. In other words they double-charged my mini-bar consumption even after I asked them to make sure this didn't happen.

I wonder whether this was an isolated error or part of their "business model" for generating unearned profits. In any event, I wrote to them and asked for a reversal of the charges and some SPG goodwill points for my inconvenience and as an acknowledgement of their responsibility for their error. They did reverse the charge but to date I have not received any goodwill points which I take as indicating they couldn't care less about inconveniencing their guests by these sorts of "errors," errors that if uncaught generate illicit profits for the hotel.

The Grand Hyatt is about a block away from the Sheraton. I have stayed there and found it is a much better option if one wishes to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the incorrect charge for a minibar item that you did not consume and for not sending your folio knor awarding you points. We work hard to ensure that guests are not incorrectly charged and appreciate knowing when we have made an error! We would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves relative to this error and would appriciate it if you would contact me so that I may ensure your points are credited soon!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I made a one night stay here, and at $333 a night for a standard double (the view was phenomenal by the way) and $40 bucks a night for parking, if you have the means to stay here, than go for it.
You cannot ask for a better location as this hotel and convention center is ideally located within walking distance within such major attractions such as Pikes Market Place. It wins the award for downtown Seattle location, that's for sure.
The rooms are top notch with beds to die for, they didn't go cheap on the bed count fabric, that's a guarantee. This is more of a business hotel as next to a convention center, so people with family may want to consider other choices.
Overall, my stay was quick, comfortable, and pleasant, without any major issues.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location, Pike Place, Pioneer Square, shopping and public transport are all within walking distance. We were able to visit Pike Place and shopped in the area in one morning. Staff were friendly and efficient. Though I would prefer the hotel can provide shuttle bus service from/to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The Sheraton Seattle is in a great location and it is very easy to walk from the hotel to most of the city's attractions. Thank you for mentioning our friendly and efficient staff. We will make sure to share this with everyone here as they will appreciate your kind words. Please come back to visit soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle for 5 nights in July. All the basics were great. Lots of hot water, totally comfortable mattresses, decent air conditioning, quality housekeeping. The location is excellent for access to the Convention Center and a 5 minute walk to Pike's market, with busses and trolley all near by. The concierge gave excellent advice for places to go and getting around. The room itself was attractive with nice dark wood furnishings that actually looked like furniture. Lots of drawers, iron and ironing board, coffee maker. Free wi-fi is a big plus. Objections are small - the refrigerator is filled with drinks and liquor and you need a key to open it - empty and free with a soda machine somewhere on the floor would make it a lot more useful. There is also a basket of snacks designed to attract the hungry and children, equally - the price list will run up your room charge. Check the price list for the bottled water before you indulge. But these are small and perhaps even petty complaints - over all, I enjoyed this hotel very much and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view - there actually are a few.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Many thanks for your review and for choosing the Sheraton Seattle for your summer vacation. We appreciate all of your wonderful comments regarding the hotel facility and our location. We hope you will spend time with us again in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in July, and this is the second time I'm reviewing this hotel. The difference between this stay and the previous one:

1) I stayed in a different tower - there is the Pike Street Tower, and the Union Street Tower.
2) I was staying in a better category of room this time.

The things I like:
1) Location. Location is very good, right in downtown Seattle, not far from the water, and PIke Place Market, and right next to the Washington State Convention Center.
2) Room is well appointed. Everything you expect from a business hotel is there.
3) Wireless internet for me is really good - fast and fuss free.

Things I think can improve:
1) I guess this hotel can be described as not outstanding in terms of its décor.
2) Lifts can get a little busy ...
3) Funny how we only get soap every few days, and shampoo too. And same goes for the complimentary drinking water ... I stayed for 9 days, but they only replenished it on of those 5 days ...
4) In my opinion, the bed is just right in terms of firmness, but the pillows are just waaaay too soft.

All in, a good hotel. I prefer the Union Street Tower, which I stayed at this time. There are fewer floors, but that also means there are less people trying to get in and out of the lifts. It got really busy when I was there (there was some conference going on in the hotel then), but overall, very good and comfortable stay, not luxurious by any means, but not bad as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!