“The hotel is clean, but some of the infrastructure needs inspection” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #42 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Arizona
“The hotel is clean, but some of the infrastructure needs inspection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had two rooms on the 26th floor. The sink in our room had a functional hot water valve but the cold water valve was dysfunctional, sometimes I had cold water, sometimes hot water, and it always deferred to the hot water valve. The shower pipes banged as the water ran, and the vibration caused the valve for hot/cold water to change meaning the water temperature of the water changed as you took a shower. In the other room, our children could not get the valve to work to make the shower come on, so I tried to get it to work, but despite my best efforts it did not work, so we had to call the engineer. I spoke to the manager, he was nice, but really seemed to just waive it off as things happen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is a disappointment to read that you did not have the relaxing, comfortable stay we strive to provide to our guests. It is not often that we receive such complaints about our plumbing as you describe. We would like to be able to share a room numbers with our Director of Engineering so that the issues you experienced may be fixed and do not reoccur. We would love to hear more about your stay and ask that you contact us directly at madalena.miller@sheraton.com. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

1,935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Indonesian first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My 16 year old daughter and I stayed here in mid-March while I attended a conference at the convention center nearby. It was pricey, at $265 per night, "special" rate for the convention. Check in started out on a sour note - our Alaska Air flight from Boston was delayed by 6 hours so we checked in at 4 a.m. instead of 10 pm the previous day. The front desk person was not welcoming and in fact made it seem like we were lucky to get a room at all, even though I had called in advance about the delay and the room was secured with a credit card. When I asked for directions to the room he seemed put-out to have to tell me.

The hotel was lovely and seemed fairly well-maintained. However, there was nothing special about it except for its location which is excellent. Three blocks to the monorail and about five to the Pike Place Market. Its right in the middle of the high end shopping district for those who have the time and money for retail therapy.

Keep in mind that I am a "Disney nut" and used to customer service and theming that is second to none. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and the toiletries were quite good - sort of a citrus-mint rather than the typical floral. The room wasn't quiet, however, because the room we were "lucky to get" was two doors down from the ice machine. Guests also tend to be inconsiderate with regard to allowing their doors to slam at all hours of the night - not unique to this hotel of course. learned a long time ago to sleep with earplugs.

The food service was just average. We had breakfast from the little coffee shop one morning - the iced mocha latte was so sweet it was undrinkable. We had take-out from the grill one night which was just okay. On our last morning we had the breakfast buffet - the made to order omelet was good but took a long time - we should have stuck with the ala carte menu.
Strangely enough, the coffee in the restaurant was not very good.

I would stay here again if I received a rate within my budget of $200 or less or if I had points I could use.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback with us. You hit some of my favorite phrases; comfortable beds, clean rooms, lovely hotel and excellent location! On the other hand, I was disappointed to hear that you did not receive a warm and friendly welcome upon checking in, especially after your long journey. I apologize for this and want you to know that what you experienced is not typical of the excellent service we provide to our guests. We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Seattle soon.
Zaragoza, Aragon, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I studied a lot of options when planning to go to Seattle and I chose the Sheraton in the end. We stayed there upon arriving in Seattle and then we stayed at the Paramount when we came back to Seattle to fly home and I preferred the Sheraton. All the hotels in Seattle can get expensive, but the Sheraton has offers and good prices every now and then and if you see that the price is good, you should stay here. All the rooms have a nice big window and the views are interesting, regardless if they are of the city or towards the ocean or Space Needle. My dad's room had an amazing view of the Space needle and the northern part of the city. The location is great for shopping. I found it to be clean and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: all the rooms have interesting views, I don't think it's worth it to pay more for a view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding our location, cleanliness and friendly staff. Seattle has a unique skyline which includes the Space Needle and the new Great Wheel which make for incredible views. Did you check out the view from our fitness and pool area? I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value and we'll see you on your next trip to our great city!
Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very nice .
I loved staying there .
I stayed there for one night.
The hotel is in downtown and near to all the attractions that seattle has to offer.
fine restaurants are near.
movie theaters are also with in walking distance.
rooms are nice and clean and a view to the down town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with our future guests. We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay and found our guestrooms to be clean and well-appointed. Our location is central to all that Seattle has to offer and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of this during your short stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

No complaints and likewise nothing to call out that is particularly special other than the great DT Seattle location. Does what is says on the tin, the newly refurbished gym facilities are much improved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Seattle Hotel for your recent visit to this amazing city. We are so delighted to hear that you explored the city and found our location to be a nice hub to all that Seattle has to offer. Thank you for your comments regarding our Sheraton Fitness Center, which is accessible to our guests 24 hours a day. I personally love the sweeping city view from the fitness center and pool area. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Buyer beware at this hotel ! When I booked this hotel on the phone, I called the hotel directly. I told the person booking the room that we would be arriving very late and just needed a decent place to sleep for the night, and would be on our way in the morning for an ~ 6 hour drive. We talked about crossing the Cascades, etc., so the woman KNEW that I would be driving a car and at no point during the call did she mention that if I was planning to park in their hotel, there would be an ~ $50 a NIGHT parking fee. When I complained at the front desk upon check in, I was told I could park down the street at their "self parking" for the "low, low" price of ~$30 a night. Seeing that I had my child with me and it was almost midnight, we didn't feel safe walking the streets of downtown Seattle by ourselves. (Just wait until someone gets attacked walking around the streets to park their car and watch the well deserved law suits fly !) In addition, when I complained to the front desk clerk upon check in, he gave me some nonsense about "Well, all the other hotels around here charge that much"...REALLY? So because "everyone" else is doing, the Sheraton feels it should do the same? My main gripe is that no one informed me when booking this hotel that there would be this outrageous parking fee. I haven't paid this much at the Four Seasons, the Ritz Carlton, etc.. Bottom line, I just got into my room at the Sheraton and am so angry at how they are pulling a "bait and switch" (ie, give me a decent price of ~$140 for a room... then charge me ~$50 for parking !), the first thing I've done is write this review ....My advice? Go a few miles outside the city where most hotels have free ( or at least reasonable) parking rates and AVOID the Sheraton.

Room Tip: We received a room on the 14th floor with a so-so "view" of the back of some other hotels...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and will work with our Reservations team to ensure that they are mentioning our parking rates. While Seattle is a compressed city as are many other major metroploitan destinations and parking is limited, I can assure you that our parking is comparable to other hotels in the area, please accept our apologies that our team was not more empathetic to your price concerns. As was mentioned by our team there are other self parking options within close proximity, and as a parent we can sympathize with your late arrival and need to get to your room quickly.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed for one night during the Easter Long weekend. As expected, the Sheraton brand does not disappoint. The location is excellent if you plan a lot of activities in the downtown area. It is a 5-10 walk to Pike Market and surrounded by food and shopping. We definitely recommend this hotel for people who want convenience. In terms of drawbacks, there were a few minor things that I could pick on: TV was a little small, heating/cooling system was a little loud, and parking at the hotel was valet ($46). We ended up parking across the street because the wait for valet would have been too long (people leaving after an anime conference). The parkade worked out a deal with hotel guests for $30 a night with in/out privileges (located at 7th and Pike St).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Seattle and enjoyed our facilities and all that Seattle has to offer. Our location is something we hear about often and appreciate that we are so close to everything! Seattle is a compressed city and parking is limited. I can assure you that our parking is comparable to other hotels in the area. We do offer a self-parking lot which is located next to the Cheesecake Factory and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of it. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!