“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Singapore, Singapore
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited this hotel with a friend and his parents a while back in October 2012. I read a lot of reviews about Sheraton and decided it was worth the price and chose to stay there during my visit to Seattle. Everything was good, until we got to our room. At the lobby we specifically told them that we wanted one room with two separate beds, and the other with a king bed. They mixed this up, and gave us two rooms with king beds instead. I called them up and got everything fixed. Then, after moving to a new room, just when I thought everything was good, I opened up the drawers and found some old and dirty clothes there. It was shocking for a hotel with Sheraton's standing to have not checked and cleaned out a room completely. I mean if they didn't even bother checking the drawers, who's to know what's underneath the bed??? So I called up the reception again, and someone came soon after to take the clothes away.

Overall, the hotel was okay, but it was quite disappointing to have so many mix ups in a trip (I hate having to go through so much trouble after checking in). Despite all that, I must say that service was really good, and fast. The couple of times I called them, they provided me with help within 10-15minutes. Location was great, right near the Cheesecake Factory - which I absolutely love - and a short woalk to pike place. The beds were especially nice to sleep on actually, which is a plus (and I would have given 5 points to for sleep quality), but I was pretty bothered about the fact that there were dirty clothes in the drawer just before!

While service was good, because of all the mixups, I honestly don't know if I would return in future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your arrival experience with our Front Desk Team. I apologize for the situation you experienced as that is definitely not something that we hear often. Our Room Attendants are trained to ensure that all drawers in the guest rooms are checked and I apologize that your rooms drawers had something left behind that we did not catch! Please know that your feedback has been shared with all of our teams to ensure that this experience will not be repeated. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest. Please contact me via the hotel operator if I can assist you with a future stay.

Warm Regards,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Indonesian first
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Returned to this hotel after many years away. Absolutely stunning updates throughout. Loved our stay. Great beds, good food, helpful staff. Chihuly art throughout the hotel. Comfortable fire place area in lobby with interactive game table. Valet parking very overpriced at $44.00/night and no other option for parking nearby that was much better. Convenient to downtown an the Pike's Market. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Awesome location, literally a short walk to pike place and much more. The beds were amazing, that is a huge thing for me when staying in a hotel, the bed must be comfortable.

The rooms are slightly dated nothing super special. But there clean and comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi were great, large and clean.

Slightly expensive for the hotel but would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I absolutely thought this hotel was a dump. We arrived very late at night and there was absolutely no service. Took us foreever to check in. We stayed here based on the reviews we read and were very disappointed. The room was very basic and lot of things were not working in the bathroom as well as the room. We came to see the Mariners games on the weekend .Find another hotel if you can. There are lots in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Rati A - I appreciate the feedback from your stay. It looks like this was 5 months ago and would like to discuss the details with you. It would be good for me to understand when your arrival time occurred and what some of your touch point were. If you would be so kind to please reach out to me through e-mail at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent location downtown, close to the waterfront market, and next to the convention center. Rooms are comfortable enough, but the hotel coukd use sprucing up and is showing its age. The bar is small as are public areas in general, but there are fine breakfast spots within a short walk.

Room Tip: My room was isolated, at the back of a corridor. It was quiet and private.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Visitor_from_Athens - Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Seattle and appreciate your latest review. The Hotel is most definitely in a great location and makes it very easy to enjoy everything that Seattle has to offer. The Hotel has undergone various renovations lately in both our Union and Pike tower guestrooms as well as our brand new Fountain Wine Bar space that is located just off our lobby. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations with the look and feel of our space. I do hope your travels have you returning to Seattle and would love to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Warm regards,
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

6th & Pike is a prime location, but the rooms are dated, the amenities are few, and the young, hip staff couldn't care LESS!! Took over an hour to get someone to repair my malfunctioning TV, and then only after threatening to come to the lobby & demand a room change. Stay here only if forced to do so--as I was !!

• Stayed January 2013
Pam M - Thank you for your most recent review. I am very very sorry and disheartened to hear about your experience. I would agree that an hour is unacceptable. I would take great pleasure in understanding all of your feedback and would ask that you reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Murphy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Highest rating on customer satisfaction and a great location. You can walk to the Pike's Market, Ivar's and Crab Pot. The rooms are nice and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!