“Beds..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Beds..”

December 30 - January 1, 2013
We stayed at the Union tower Traditional room.
Location was great and staff was helpful but the beds were uncomfortable, i could almost feel the springs of the bed. My room wasn't cleaned on the 2nd day I was there. I expected more from this hotel.. I will definitely not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for submitting feedback regarding your stay with us! I was dismayed to hear negative feedback regarding our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. Normally we are receiving tremendous amounts of positive great sleep comments. As we strive for perfection I would be most grateful if you would reachout to me directly to inform me of your room number so that we may replace the mattress you slept on and compensate you for a poor night's rest.

1,933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Indonesian first
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was here for a convention, and received a discount rate, which I think is a fare rate for the hotel, but, I would hesitate to pay full price. There is normal wear and tear, but, it's not first class. It has friendly staff, and great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Check in is supposed to be 3pm. Room was actually ready at 5pm. Explanation given:"Too many guests are checking out today. Housekeeping is too busy to clean the rooms in time." As if all these people did not tell the hotel when they were leaving! Unacceptable. Due to the two hours delay, my husband and I had to cancel the reservation for our 15th anniversary dinner because our plans before and after the dinner were all affected. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Pike tower, if you need to work out or use the pool. We were given a room in t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback on the arrival experience you had at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered in lieu of our business levels, by no means is that an excuse to delay the check in process. An option for a comparable room should have been presented given our associates level of empowerment to resolve an issue. We will be sharing your feedback with our team to challenge them on how this situation could have been avoided or better resolved.

Thank you again for the feedback as well the opportunity to learn from our mistakes.

Matthew McGuigan
Director of Front Office
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

With Pike Place Market and abundant shopping and eating opportunities within easy walking distance the Sheraton is a perfect choice.

The front desk staff and concierge were extremeley helpful.

We were also at the hotel December 28-30 during the Youth convention and I agree with Jane that the lobby was busy, but the convention attendees are also Regular Guests and the fron desk was fully-staffed and kept the waits to a minimum.

Our room was very comfortable and quiet (except for guests next door slamming their door everytime they left the room - some people just don't get it) with all the comforts you'd expect from a Sheraton. One issue we had was that where ever we went in the hotel, including our room, is that it was to warm. December in Seattle is cool but the inside of the hotel felt like Bali in the summer.

We chose to pay $15 per night to have access to the Preferred guest lounge and this gave us a very good continental breakfast in the morning and vegetable platters, cheese and hot snacks between 5 & 8 in the evening. Perfect for a quick start to the day or an appy before heading out to dinner. We were told there would be substantial discounts for adult beverages but this was not the case. In fact I'd say they were more expensive than downstairs in the Daily Grill (which is very good).

When you arrive ask the valet for a self-park pass. It's about one block away (easy walk) & $30 p/night inc. tax and you're good to 6PM the day of departure without an extra day's charge.

We love popping down to Seattle from Vancouver a couple of times a year and will definatley stay at the Sheraton again.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterside view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived on the 28th of December for a family getaway. This is our usual choice for comfort, location and staff. We were not aware of a Youth Convention going on there this time, and had a crazy lineup that moved quite quickly, but was disappointed that there wasn't a separate line for regular guests. We asked for a quieter room, as we knew there would be many children and teenagers running around. They gave us a room across from the elevator! :( I went straight back down and they moved us to the 11th floor. I thought they might upgrade us or something as there were a ridiculous amount of kids. Or if they had been a bit more organized and kept some of the floors for regular guests (repeat ones at that)! Teenagers were playing musical bedrooms and left their locks so the door wouldn't close properly,but made a loud bang every time they entered and left their rooms. When asked how our stay was I told them it was quite noisy, they apologized. As a Starwood member I would have expected more. Love the Gingerbread houses, usually a nice ambiance.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator and ice machines!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Jane H - Thank you for you recent review and I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations for a quiet and comfortable stay. We are very lucky to have some strong business between the Christmas and New Year holiday but do recognize the impact it has on other guests. Please send me an e-mail with your contact information so I can reach out to you. Would love to have you back with us so you can enjoy a nice quiet evening! trevor.brauser@sheraton.com

Warm regards,
Trevor
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Unfortunately due to work commitments I had to spend Christmas overseas this year. Fortunately it was in this hotel for 3 nights.

This is your bog standard Sheraton with the very comfortable beds, pleasant staff and excellent location right beside all the main shopping areas in Seattle. My only fault was with the house keeping staff who never serviced my room despite me being out much of each day (and I didn't leave the DND) sign on the door) requiring me to ring for it to be serviced.

I drank in the bar off the lobby, almost $30 for 4 beers was a bit excessive and almost same for a quesadilla from room service after charges makes this one expensive place to eat. I did however partake in the Christmas buffet for $37 (not including drinks) which was great although oddly lacking turkey or any poultry for that matter despite stuffing being provided!!!!

All in all it was comfortable and under the circumstances I enjoyed my stay. The big draw to this hotel is its location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for providing some feedback regarding your stay with us. While we are certainly honored that you spent your holiday with us we would like to improve upon the service experience you encountered with our housekeeping team. We service all rooms unless they choose to participate in our Make a Green Choice program and for missing yours we apologize most sincerely! We will pass along your feedback regarding the poultry need on the buffett in the Daily Grill as well.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

great spot to see the downtown Seattle sights, as well as a block away from shopping. Quiet clean hotel, with friendly staff. downside is parking! we parked in the city parking that was overnight across from nordstroms it was significantly cheaper then the hotel valet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!