“Sheraton flop house” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
wa st
“Sheraton flop house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times, but never in the "tower" suites. When they built this place, they must have forgotten the sound insulation. Screaming in the hallways at 3am, weird mechanical noises from the heating systems, unknown annoying high pitched tone that penetrated sleep, and then the highlight of the weekend...........pounding screams of joy. You can understand words being spoken in the next room or the morse code of headboard banging. Not conditions that I would expect of a premium destination and pricing as well. You'd best check with the desk on room location or you might be in store for the free channel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. I wanted to send our apologies for the level of noise you experienced overnight and the lack of sleep that this ultimately caused you. It is not often that we hear from guests that they were unable to enjoy a quiet night's rest and we would welcome the opportunity to invite you back to experience them at a more opportune time. Your feedback is valuable and has enabled us to focus on the volume levels you experienced and work to improve future experiences. The Sheraton Seattle values your business and will do everything possible to create the experiences that drive the loyalty of our guests and of our partners such as yourself. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Sheraton on 6th has a lot going for it. First is the great location, it's really convenient for downtown and the convention center is right next door. Views from the upper floors are spectacular. Rooms and floor lobbies however are a little dated and are sadly in need a remodel. The carpet on the 27th floor lobby was absolutely filthy and full of stains. Our room was very stuffy with poor ventilation and quite noisy with doors slamming constantly outside.

However, the worst part of our stay was having to run the gauntlet of all the smokers who congregate on the steps of the main entrance to the hotel, filling the MAIN entrance with cigarette smoke! Totally disgusting and unacceptable in this day and age.

The problem could easily be fixed with a couple of "smoking not allowed in this area" signs and proper monitoring by a doorman.
Management however seems to be turning a blind eye to the problem by allowing the smokers to pollute the entrance. We absolutely hated coming back to this hotel for this reason.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the situation you experienced with one of our guest entrances into the property. I know it was extremely frustrating as a non-smoker to have to walk past such smoke as you work to enter our property. While we are a fully non-smoking interior we must allow a location for our guests who do smoke to do so. We have four guest entrances one being the stairs on the corner of 6th and Pike St that you utilized, this is one of our few covered areas where guests may obey Seattle ordinances and remain 25 feet from entrances and still be under cover from the rain. Our other entrances are all smoke free for the most part and would have allowed smoke free entrance into the hotel had you wished. The next time your travels bring you back to Seattle please allow one of our associates to guide you to another entrance so that you may avoid the smoke.
Sheraton Seattle prides itself on our hotel's cleanliness and we are constantly striving to improve in anyway. Please accept our apologies that we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay on the 27th floor. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest.

Warm Regards,

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were in seattle for a convention. The fact the hotel was next door was perfect. We were really fortunate that the hotel was able to find us space on the club level. Thanks to the other trip advisors we booked it and it was so worth it! Love to walk and the hotel location seemed fairly central to most things we wanted to see. Lots of great restaurants close by...our friends enjoyed the hotel restaurant...we missed that but hopefully next visit.

Room Tip: Get the club level!
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed in the Union Street tower. It looked newly remodeled. Room was nice and clean. Though the tv is mounted on the wall right above the desk so that is a little awkward if you are trying to watch tv while doing work (you basically can't be at the desk).

Service was a little hit or miss. Check in guy was great. Told me that I could have free internet as a gold member. He neglected to tell me that would be my Gold Amenity. So, I used the internet. Next day, I went down and said I wanted points as my gold amenity (since he forgot to say anything about it when I checked in). They posted my points, and there was also a corresponding $10.95 charge to my credit card for the internet. Had to call in to get the charge reversed because I wasn't given the proper info at check in.

Had some check in issues the next day as I was staying for a total of 3 nights over 2 reservations (one was in my name, the other was in my friend's name). The issue wasn't that hard to resolve, but the lady wasn't that friendly....

Other staff was great in helping me with sending faxes, etc.

The hotel was packed because of the gingerbread exhibition going on to support the diabetes foundation.. which is awesome, I'm glad they raised money for that... but then they were giving visitors candy canes, which kind of seems silly to me since they are raising money for a DIABETES foundation!

Hotel is in great, central location. You can't go wrong on the location. Lots of restaurant and shopping nearby.

So, overall, I'd stay here again if I came to Seattle. Just thought a few things could be improved!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share some great feedback as well as areas of concern regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the front desk arrival and miss information. I know it was extremely frustrating not to have a error free and seamless arrival process. I have shared your experience with our Director of Front Office for his continued education of the team. Sheraton Seattle prides itself on excellent customer service and we are sorry we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay at the front desk relative to your reservation correction needs. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest.

Thank you for the tip on our JDRF Gingerbread Village! We will work with our volunteers to ensure that the candy canes are indeed sugar free!

Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed one night on holiday shopping excursion. The location is perfect for downtown shopping as it is close to many great stores. Experienced warm welcome when checking in and our room was actually ready early. Very clean and cozy room with super comfortable bed, and very quiet. As a Starwood member we were able to stay on the club floor which included afternoon appetizers and complimentary continental breakfast.
The only negative comment I could say is that the parking fee is way too high at $44. I actually parked right across pike st. In a parking garage for $27.
I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and feel that Sheraton does a very good job of maintaining high standards; still one of the best Seattle hotels.

Room Tip: Complimentary breakfast if you reserve a room on club floor, also good views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
The staff here takes their commitment to guest service very seriously and I could not be prouder of them for that. We promise the same level of service the next time you visit, and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Our location downtown is ideal and there is always plenty to see and do within walking distance or a short cab ride away. We continuously audit our valet parking rates to make sure we are competitively priced within Seattle and other major metropolitan cities. We look forward to sharing your feedback with our teams.

TALLAHASSEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Easily accessible from the Interstate, this is a full service comfortable, centrally located, modern facility, with great access to everything downtown including Pike Place. We were treated very well, used the lounge and dining room and were very satisfied with the quality of the offerings, service and pricing. We rented through Hotwire and got an excellent rate. Cehck to see if there is a self-parking alternative to valet, which is pretty pricy.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Big downtown hotel with clean rooms. But all was not perfect. The bathroom fan runs all the time and can't be shut off. I have to assume that it was intentional. The showerhead worked, but not properly. That was surely not intentional and is a minor maintenance problem. The most interesting option here was to refuse all housekeeping. This is not the same as allowing linens to be reused. If you agree, the hotel will give you extra points or a five buck voucher. Okay, I suppose. What's next? Totally a la carte pricing, with an extra charge for each pillow or each towel?

Room Tip: There is street noise on the fifth floor so if you care, get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the shower head in your guest room. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Engineering so that we may work to improve the expeirence of future guests.

We are proud to have been a trail blazer for the Make a Green Choice program which we started here in late 2008. It is such a great win-win for guests and sustainability since they get a gift by giving back what would have been 38 gallons of water used to clean their room along with the electricity and therms! The option is nice to provide to guests like yourself who wish to conserve while traveling! We look forward to your return visit!

Director of Rooms

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!