“Good value, good hotel, parking is expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Good value, good hotel, parking is expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We always like going to the Sheraton as it is in a great location, the rooms are well kept and the staff are friendly. Upgrading to the preferred guest floor is worth it for the wifi, free phone calls and the lounge. We didn't make it to the pool this time but we have made good use out of it in the past. The only downside to the hotel is the cost of parking. $44 for valet, ask about the overflow lot a half a block a way. It is only $30 per night and you can get in and out privileges if you need to go somewhere. We will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Islandspud - Thank you very much for your recent review on the Sheraton Seattle. We pride ourselves on keeping a clean and fresh hotel for our guests to enjoy. We are especially proud of our Sheraton Club Lounge where guests can enjoy a private space with great food and beverage offerings, very much worth the upgrade. Great tip on the parking for guests that don't mind a quick walk.

Trevor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Indonesian first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice hotel in the downtown areas. Found the hotel to be quite (I was on the 21st floor), the staff were pretty nice. It is centrally located downtown and easy to walk to the market, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Ottawa_Golferguy - Thank you for your review. I appreciate the time and effort to speak to our nice location and the staff. I am also glad the stay was a quiet one and we look forward to your next visit!

Take care,
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a very large convention friendly hotel, with two towers of rooms. Every inch of the hotel is clean and well-maintained. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. The biggest selling point is the location. It is central to everything I did and saw downtown during my stay.

My room was simple and clean. The view was nice but I'm not much of one to check into a hotel and spend much time staring out the window.

This was my first staff at this hotel but it will not be my last. I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Herdlinger - Thank you for your review on the Sheraton Seattle. I am very excited to hear that your first stay with us left you with a positive impression. We work very hard on making those connection. If I can be of any assistance for your second stay please do not hestitate to reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

So, what's with the yellow wallpaper and crema marfil floor and counter? Bathroom casts a sickly yellow glow everywhere, which isn't so great for putting on makeup. Or shaving. Overall, a lovely place to stay. Clean, quiet, perfect location, but pricey.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the room appointments since all of our rooms have been updated. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton in Seattle recently so that I could attend a conference at the convention center. It was a good location and was right across the street from the convention center and that is why I selected this hotel. There appears to be many homeless people in Seattle so the hotel locks public rest rooms but they do not communicate this well to guests. So you need to obtain a pass code to enter the restroom near the bar in the lobby and the restroom near the restaurant. I think they could come up with a better system and perhaps communicate this better to guests. Just don’t be in a hurry and plan well in advance if you need to use the restroom!

My room was comfortable although the carpet was not new. The bed was comfortable and the room was quite. The housekeeper however did not change my sheets any of the days and I was there for 4 days and spilled coffee on the sheets so it would have been nice to have clean sheets. I know that many hotels have a green options and I sometimes elect not to have my sheets changed, but I was not given this option and once they have been soiled, I prefer clean sheets. She also didn’t remove stale coffee cups. I suspect that the housekeeping staff have about 5 minutes to clean each room so it really is not their fault but this issue is more of an issue for management. Either training was lacking or the individual just had too many rooms to clean. Given the price, I just was not very impressed with my stay here. I have not stayed elsewhere in Seattle so I don’t know if things would be similar or better elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Regan D, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey regarding your stay at the Sheraton Seattle! Your participation is part of a very important effort to capture the experiences and feelings of the guests that have stayed with us. Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding you most recent stay with us. This feedback is what allows Sheraton to stay aligned with our guests’ needs, wants and expectations and to find out where we might be able to improve.

I sincerely apologize for your room not being cleaned well. It is disappointing when we fail in this respect, but are glad when our guests bring these issues to our attention so that we may learn from our mistakes. I will be consulting with the associate that cleaned your room so we can ensure that we are consistently cleaning our rooms exceptionally. If you feel that this issue requires more attention or if you have further questions and concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

THe staff are very friendly and the rooms are nice. Excellent location in the middle of everything. You should do self parking which is a lot cheaper than valet or anywhere else with in/out privelages. THe pool on the top floor is nice for kids and the view is spectacular.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vanha10 - Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Seattle. I appreciate the review and the great comments on our location. You can certainly walk to any part of Seattle very easily from our hotel. Our pool sits on our 35th floor and your correct that it may have the best view in the city. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent service, great location, was allowed early check-in. Food in restaurant was great. Just a few short blocks down to the Pike Street Marketplace. Room was very clean and comfortable. Owning 2 hotels myself I honestly cannot think of anything that could have made this stay any better!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!