“Central location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

we stayed one night for a weekend getaway. Didn't research carefully for the location. It's right by the HWY which is a bit noisy at 9th floor. lucky the hotel room is very comfortable and we have no problem fall asleep after long day shopping.
Parking is not free but there's free parking after 8pm sat till Sunday. But it took us 15 min to drive around and around to look for a spot. The parking sign is not clear in Seattle and we have no idea how to park without getting tickets, so to be safe, we find the one with clearer instructions.
only few min drive to the downtown shopping area and the pike market. hotel amenities and front desk, room services are excellent.
towels on the other hand, were a bit old and should be replaced.

Room Tip: we stay at 9th floor facing the north i believe, you can hear the traffic from hwy, but we have no p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments.
We do understand the problem with the street noise and are in the process of installing all new windows on the highway side.

Again thank you and I hope you will be back.

Rene Neidhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My partner and I came to Seattle for an overnighter. We found a deal online which also said the hotel was close to Pike Place but it's not...really that close... If you're not in your twenties or early thirties, the trek up and down the hill when walking downtown are pretty arduous if done several times in the day. I get it that it's Seattle but still...Be advised that anyone with knee, leg or ankle injuries - you'll be cabbing it going anywhere so factor that in when budgeting. Don't expect to wear heels if walking anywhere from/to here. No joke.

The room was lovely. Bathroom had spacious a bath/shower combo. Sliding door for the bathroom which adds a nice touch. Nice quality little toiletries. View was exceptional.

Our queen bedroom was only outfitted with 1 guest robe which I thought was surprising. The maid service told me only king size bedrooms have 2 robes. Why? Seems odd...

Also, we left the door hanger saying "privacy please" on our doorknob when leaving our room so maid service would leave it alone but somebody came in anyways and we haven't figured out who/why because the doorhanger was on the floor of our room when we got back and the bed wasn't made / towels not changed. Not a good feeling.

We attended the upstairs restaurant (28th floor) for dinner which was a bit of a odd experience. The waitressing staff could not see us from the bar where they were as we sat by the windows. So it took a while to be served or get the cheque.

Not sure what feeling you are trying to offer clientele there. The location, mood lighting and prices certainly suggest an upscale restaurant. The music was way too loud and of the wrong kind for a dinner crowd (top 40 pop?). Our waitress looked like one of the maids who seemed to have just finished cleaning a room. Her hair and clothes were dishevelled and general appearance lacked a bit which was surprising if this is supposed to be an upscale place. Her appearance aside though, she offered courteous and friendly service. So can't knock her for that - she was nice.

The wedge salad we ordered wasn't actually a wedge - they were large loose leaves. Salad was served in a bowl with large strips of bacon that forced us to eat with our fingers because cutting it in the bowl was awkward. You don't wear your nice dinner outfit if you are eating greasy bacon with your hands. Quantity/quality was great but bacon chunks or bits would've been a better fit and easier to eat. Same with the leaves - smaller pieces in a bowl or give us a plate so we can cut our food.

I wasn't disappointed - just a bit surprised at the disconnect between the projected image and the outcome. A few tweaks wouldn't hurt...

As for the valet, front desk and concierge staff - I have nothing but good things to say. Bravo. Thanks for a good experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite if you want 2 robes.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Annabel,

Thank you so much for the pleasure to have you us our guests.
I appreciate your great insight in our operation. I am sorry that we did not respect your privacy request and will review this with the operations team. R view is more a lounge than a fine dining restaurant. However wince all the items are sustainable and mostly organic the prices are slightly higher but certainly not pricy in relationship to other restaurant operations. The view on the other hand is second to none.

Again thank you for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Seattle.

North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Booked a night's stay here as we were going to the Mariner's Game for mother's day. Arrived around 8PM from Vancouver BC. We were greeted promptly as we pulled up to the front with our truck. Asked if we needed Valet but since we had a bonus of free parking as part of my booking with Orbitz I told the valet that and he told me that our truck would not clear the self park underground but since I had that pass he told us that management would probably upgrade to the valet for us. sounds good. We went in and there were two other couples in line to check-in and with only 2 agents at the counter there was a little bit of a wait...not a big deal. Once it was our turn we were politely greeted and helped. I showed my booking that showed the choice of free parking or free breakfast for 2. The agent actually suggested not taking the parking and take the breakfast instead...one, our truck is too big and two we were only staying one night and street parking right outside the hotel is free from 8PM Saturday all the way until the end of Sunday. That worked out great!

The next morning we had the breakfast buffet on the 2nd floor. It was very nice. The staff in there were all incredible and friendly. What terrific service for a free breakfast! The food was actually pretty good too.

Things to complain about were the bed & pillows were not comfortable, TV was tiny and our North Facing room by the highway was pretty noisy...didn't have a good sleep at all. The hotel is pretty good all around though. Great staff and very clean.

Room Tip: High Floor and not North facing would be less noisy I believe...
Dear Kevin,
thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I am glad you enjoyed the overall stay and our service. While there is on street parking, like in any large city, there are risks involved with that.

I appreciate your nice comments about our breakfast.

Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My company had a large conference here, we stayed 3 nights. The meeting rooms were spacious, food was very good (we had breakfast and lunch catered by the hotel all 3 days). The rooms were nice and updated, the bed was comfortable, they were generous with their toiletries, and there were plenty of easily accessible outlets for all my work and personal devices.

There were a couple of minor annoyances - there wasn't a dresser, there was just some shelf space in a closet. The large mirror was blocked by the bathroom door so it was only visible when the door was closed. The windows were very streaked and looked dirty, making my uninspiring view of the highway even more dreary (I'm sure there are rooms with awesome views in this hotel, mine was not one of them). Valet parking is to be expected in most large cities so I wasn't surprised by that but I did think it was unusually expensive. That said, our company asked for feedback on accommodations at our meeting close, we had nearly 200 attendees and the overall response was very positive.

Unfortunately I had no free time to explore the city, I would love to go back as a tourist. True to form, it rained most of the time we were there, but it was a light mist and it wasn't really cold so it wasn't bad.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments.
We appreciate your meeting and are pleased to hear that we got a positive response.
I am sorry you did not have enough time to explore the city, but maybe that means you will be back for a short vacation.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights during a conference and was very pleased with the rooms, service and food. Location is very good in relation to the downtown area, including Pike Place Market and the piers. There are some hills to climb and descend, but that's Seattle. Staff was very helpful and recommended several good restaurants within a short walk. Also, this hotel is particularly good for business and they served the needs of our conference very well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for attending the conference at our hotel and your nice comments.
While we are a few steps from the market and downtown the views are nice and well worth the short hike.
We hope you have an opportunity to come back and visit us.

Thank you again.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great staff, all were very helpful as well as hotel and rooms were very clean. The new Health Club is over the top. As someone who works out six (6) days a week, I cannot say enough about quality of the equipment, the lay out, and size of the fitness center!

Bottom line, when in Seattle there is no other hotel for me!

Room Tip: Request high floor facing the Space Needle...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for having the opportunity to have you stay with us, and your nice comments.
We are very pleased with the new health club indeed and are getting many positive comments.
I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us real soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

When I was choosing a hotel to stay in Seattle I was very specific for a place near Pike Place, and this hotel actually show up on my search. This hotel is actually almost 10 blocks from Pike Place and it's situated in a hill which made impossible to walk back to the hotel at night after walking the "whole city". I would not stay on this hotel again for the location. BUT I would stay here again for everything else. Modern hotel, very nice staff, clean and good size room, equipped with a nice TV, an IPod dock, and a good size bathroom and comfortable beds. My friend got free wifi because her birthday and that was really nice of them. The breakfast buffet is pricey for what they actually offer but the food is really good.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Gabriela,
Thank you very much for the opportunity to have you stay with us and your great review.
Sometimes when we expect it the least we have a positive experience, and I am proud of my staff for exceeding your expectations. I hope that for that reason alone you will come back and stay with us on your next trip to Seattle.

Rene Neidhart

Been to Renaissance Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!