“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas Holiday and had a wonderful stay. Hotel Staff was very pleasant and service was more than adequate. The location was fine, however, it's atop the highest hill in the city so that could be a bit cumbersome if you're walking with packages, but since I also enjoy lots of restaurants in Seattle I thought it would give me some much needed exercise too! I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you JMarie for giving us the opportunity to be your host during your christmas vacation.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our staff and look forward to have you back .

Rene Neidhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed for a weekend at this hotel with our 3 year old son. Close to the aquarium and the market. The hotel was clean, the rooms were large and comfortable. We also ate at the restaurant on site and the food was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and for your great review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our service, rooms and restaurant.
We hope to see you again.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This high-rise hotel in downtown Seattle is not the newest or most elegant, but it offers clean, comfortable accommodations. The rooms are nicely furnished and appear to have been recently updated. Our king-size bed was very comfortable. Do note that the Renaissance is several blocks removed from the waterfront. We were on he 25th floor and had a nice view. Lower down the scenery is more likely to be "concrete canyon." Service is friendly and spot-on. Our late-night room service snack was delicious, promptly delivered, and not outrageously priced. All in all, a solid, if not memorable, choice for business or tourism travelers to downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the top floors, facing west or north, for the best views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and your review.
We appreciate your business and are glad you enjoyed New Year’s eve with us. Please come back real soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here for business and thought that the location was quite convenient to local attractions and great dining. The staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay. I would suggest checking out the bar and restaurant on the top floor. It has great views of the downtown area. The only downside was that my room backed right up to the highway and it was a bit noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your visit and your nice review.
We too love R view lounge, we do have some of the best view in the city. and I am glad you had a great experience.
If will share your comments about the friendly staff with my employees.
Thank you and please come back real soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel has very friendly staff who seem generally interested in you as a person. From the front desk to the restaurant staff, I was really impressed by their friendliness and genuine interest in me. It wasn't just one person either, it was everyone. It really makes you feel welcome and at home. The food at the restaurant is also very good. I would recommend the dungeness crab cobb salad. Five stars for their friendliness!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you much for staying with us and your great review.
I am so glad you enjoyed our service and the food. I like the cobb salad myself, but my all time favorite is the salade Nicoise. Try it next time.

virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here last week while on business at U-Wash. I am MR Platinum so I choose the best Marriott product and for us this was clearly the choice. There are express buses from the Univ St Station downtown up to the University of Washington, so much better to stay downtown for dinner, symphony and art museums.

Check in was a little confused, room not ready even though after check in time, sorted out within 30 minutes but after flying in from east coast it was tiresome.

Room cleanliness is good and all requests left for the maids were met, stayed in higher floor so did not have street noise issue.

Appreciated the conceirge lounge on the 26th floor, but the offerings for evening snacks were okay some nights but bare bones others. There isn't an honor bar so if the server in the evening needs to go and get supplies there is no way to get a glass of wine -- need a better system there.

Extended the stay from business to stay through the weekend -- this was a major holiday party hotel that turned out to be very noisy...our neighbors on Saturday night hosted the "after party" in their room until 3am...I needed to get up at 5am for an early flight back to the east coast so this was pretty bad.

For supplies, incl beer/wine, use Bartell's Drugs 2 blocks down Madison at 4th and Madison (despite address of 515 Madison this hotel is located at the intersection of 6th and Madison). Found this half way through the week's visit and wish I had found it the first day. It is a combo CVS and liquor/food store...everything a traveler can need is there.

The public library is one block away and worth a visit for its architecture and IT innovations.

Room Tip: Room 00-13 on each floor face west or north, so away from highway or if north have a view of the spa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Welcome back and thank you for the nice comments.
I am sorry about the delayed check in but glad that everything turned out ok.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a great property. For me, a five star Renaissance is the Paris Place Vendome. This property has a great downtown location. I felt safe walking to and from it at night. There is parking available underneath though it's a bit tight and the spaces are small. Not all hotels in Seattle have parking and i truly appreciated having my vehicle so close. Our rental car was an SUV but I found a parking spot where we fit.

Check in and check out were a breeze. I think it took about 45 seconds for both and there was never a line.

My room was comfortable. The bed was excellent and had plenty of pillows. I enjoyed the radio. The bathroom has good lighting for makeup and a nice sized shower. I liked the music that the property had playing- nice touch renaissance! I appreciate the details. The valets and staff were superb- incredibly polite and had excellent recommendations and travel time estimates were spot on.

Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review. I am glad you enjoyed our service and the comfort of our beds.
I hope you will have a chance to return.

Rene Neidhart

Been to Renaissance Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!