“Great staff and ok location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #50 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Great staff and ok location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Visited for 4 days and the staff were great. If I had to do it again, I might choose another hotel with a better view of the city. It was however convenient to everything downtown and easy to get to of I-5

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear John,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review.
I do appreciate that you like our staff as we are proud in our guest service.
I am surprised about your comment about our view. We have some of the best view rooms in the city and R view our roof top lounge on the 28th floor has by far the best view of any hotel bar.

I do hope you will reconsider and visit us again.

Rene Neidhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Lake Oswego, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is clean, spacious, but soulless. The conference facilities were very good. The hotel charges (a lot) for amenities like wi-fi and the use of the business center. Restaurant on the 2nd floor was not very good. Seattle has some great hotels in the same price range that feel much more inviting. Had my conference not been here there would be no reason to stay at the Renaissance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and your comments.
I am sorry that you found our hotel without soul and that you did not like our restaurant on the 2nd floor. I do hope you had an opportunity to try R view on the 28th floor. We do offer live entertainment in our lobby bar every Thursday night and try to be a bit different in style and our service representation.
I did however appreciate that you found our hotel clean and I hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Seattle.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff was quite helpful. I am a platnum member and it was noted. The overall experience was outstanding. I even phoned before to obtain information about the "Light Rail" system and the hotel provide helpful information on taking the local bus from the rail station. It stopped directly in front of the hotel and I did not have to walk up hills. I had access to the "club lounge" on the 26th floor and it was stocked with water and sodas. They also have a good lounge. I was attending a meeting and the banquet meal was excellent.

Room Tip: I did not use the pool or spa.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Donald,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and your great review.
Your comments regarding our staff, service and quality of food is very much appreciated.
Thank you and I hope we will see you again real soon.

Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent hotel, few blocks walk to Washington State Conference Center as well as to the Waterfront and Pike Market. Rooms are spacious with great bay windows overlooking city. Room service precisely punctual and great food too. Even delivered flowers which my husband sent to the room. Nice workout room overlooking city on 28th floor. Would definitely stay here again. Aveda products in bathroom are a nice touch.

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views of city
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review. I do appreciate your great comments about our hotel especially our room service. We are proud of our room service department, as we have been recognized by our regular guests as one of the best in the brand.
Thank you once again and I hope you will be back real soon.
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I haven't stayed at this hotel yet. I know Seattle well and am happy about the location and the price but their customer service over the phone (from three different employees) has been terrible. I received mis-information, little trouble shooting (hence why I had to call back three times as was booking) and the employees generally were unhappy. I do hope that the in-person service will be better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
It was a pleasure to speak to you today and I do understand your frustration with our reservations department. While they do not work directly in our hotel it is never less a reflection of our brand and our service and for that I do apologize.
I am glad we were able to work out the issue and I know you will have a great stay when you come and visit us this weekend.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Renaissance is a solid choice for a stay in Seattle, whether you are going for business or pleasure. My husband had a business trip, while I got to play tourist. The hotel was great for both of us.
Staff: Check-in was quick and efficient. Front desk staff, as well as bellmen and restaurant staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Rooms: Typical Marriott-type rooms with comfy beds, clean bathrooms with nice shower and toiletries. We had a lovely view of the Space Needle from our room, which was very nice.
Restaurant/Bars: The restaurant and bar on the 28th floor has a fabulous view and great staff. I had drinks there and it was wonderful. Maxwells on the 2nd floor had a delicious lunch of crabcakes and salad...I didn't have high hopes for a hotel restaurant, but it was delicious!!
Club room: Friendly staff and nice breakfast/snacks.
Location: Easy walk down to the waterfront, but need a taxi or enjoy hiking up a mountain to get back up!! Cheap $6 taxi got me to the top. Easy to walk to the stores as well as the Pike's Market.
We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Deanna,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review.
I could not agree with you more in regards to your comments about Rview our rooftop bar.
Not only do we have the best view of any hotel restaurant in the city, I agree with you on your comments about our employees and the quality of our food.
Again thank you and I hope you will be back soon.

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Spent a couple of rainy days in Seattle (what's new?) at this hotel. Very comfortable and "homey", good breakfast. Nice part of town.

A bit of a walk to the fish market (fun) - lots of stalls selling "everything".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your business and your comments.
While we are an older hotel we continously upgrade and modernize in keeping with our brand.
Our rooms and public areas are constantly upgraded. This coming winter we will upgrade our health club and public bathrooms and refresh our lobby.

Thank you again and I hope we wil see you again.

Rene Neidhart

Been to Renaissance Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!