“Terrific Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 95 hotels in Seattle
California
“Terrific Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Overwhelmed by the service at this hotel! From the moment we arrived - Valet parking, check in desk, telephone quesiotns to front desk, car retrieval from Valet all perfect! Room was a king and good size- Aveda bath products, large bathroom, new iron and board ( very important for business traveler). Also like to comment on the room service desert! The best I have had in a lonf time! Service was quick and extremely friendly with great apple tart and warm chocolate cake...All in all- terrific stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while in Seattle.
We appreciate your great comments about our service and look forward to have you back real soon.

1,033 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't usually stay at this property but all the other Seattle hotels were SO expensive, I thought I'd give it a try. Other than the initial check in (took ages for rooms to be ready and there was some confusion at the front desk), everything was really wonderful. A surprise to me was that breakfast or parking was included in my already reasonable rate so we took the breakfast, which was a sizable buffet. The room was large and very well equipped with a nice westward view. The gym was better than a lot of hotels; fully equipped with working equipment and a full weight rack. Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again when in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your visit and your nice comments.
We do like to hear when our guests appreciate our services and are especially pleased when we are able to exceed expectations.
Thank you again and please hurry back.

Fair Oaks, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived early after an Alaska cruise so did not expect to get a room. We were going to drop off luggage and explore. Much to our amazement they had a room, we were very appreciative until we got into the room. Beautiful room but one problem there were 3 of us and one king bed. We called the desk and they said to stay there until another room opened, that's fine but why put us in the room to begin with. Didn't bother us but poor maids will have to clean the room again. The gentleman who help us with the room change was very nice and professional.

When we returned we moved our luggage to another room it was smaller but had two double beds so that's a plus. The hotel is in a nice area but a good walk to Pikes market but mostly downhill, its the walk back that is killer. We were going to go out to dinner but were sooo tired decided just to say at the hotel and eat. I looked everywhere for a book on hotel amenities but could not find anything not even on the TV menu. We finally went to the lobby and found Maxwells on the 2nd floor. Its a small restaurant/café so we tried it. The staff were very good and the meal was really good. My son had a steak sandwich that was GREAT. I had the crab cobb, yum and my husband had fish and chips....good. $50 for 3 people pretty good for a hotel and again the restaurant staff were amazing.

I asked for a late check out but they said they could not accommodate me so we checked our luggage and went out for a while before our shuttle to the airport arrived. All in all it was nice but maybe next time will try to get a little closer to the water, that's where the action is..

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from freeway. Corner room is large an suite like.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great comments about our staff and food.
I am sorry that we did not have a room with two beds ready when you checked in. Maybe the desk clerk did not realize that you had 3 people in your party. In any case it seems that you had a great meal and a great time while staying with us.
Thank you gain and I hope you will be back and visit us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were cruising out of the Seattle port and stayed here for two nights. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and stocked with more than enough towels. The restaurant on the second floor (Maxwell's) was very convenient for breakfast, the buffet was small but substantial. Friendly service and good food. The only negative I have was that it took a while for our room to be ready. We arrived there around 3pm (West Coast time) and had to wait almost an hour for our room to be ready. This was inconvenient because we were all tired from the 4 hour flight. We requested a double bed, but none were available. Otherwise, a great stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us and your nice review.
I am sorry that we did not have your room ready when you tried to check in. Check in time is 4pm and it sounds that we did get you in by that time. We realize that many travelers like to check in early and in most cases we can accommodate that request. While we try to do our best, sometimes due to people checking out late or when a room needs special attention this is not possible.
Thank you gain and I hope you will be back and visit us on your next visit to Seattle.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband was staying at the Renaissance for a business trip and I went along too. The hotel is very centrally located which makes it easy to find and to get around the city. Like any major city, the usual one-way streets make it a bother to get to the hotel directly even from the highway but that's not the fault of the hotel!
From the minute we got there until we left, the service was excellent and friendly and I would recommend this hotel very highly. They went way beyond what was expected in accomodating our requests.
Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: We had a high floor that faced the highway but we were not bothered by any highway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
We appreciate to hear from our guests especially of course when we were able to exceed expectations.
Again thank you and I look forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is an interesting hotel. It sits on a hill that will humble you on the uphill return. The room was great, the staff very helpful. The rooms were very clean and quiet but nothing outstanding, If you travel a lot, clean, quiet and safe are nice. The bar area was an interesting mix of people. Our last night there, Julius Erving arrived and was very gracious to all that interrupted his meeting to meet him. The only area that could use some improvement is the executive lounge. Breakfast was not worth the time. Evenings were only slightly better.

I must take a minute to thank William at the front desk for all his help. It seems I did not book the correct room that I needed to conduct my meetings and without his help and quick thinking, my trip would not have been as productive as it was. Plus, I arrived a little cranky from flying from the east coast and day of mistakes (left my credit cards in the bag at home) so the day had been filled with challenges.

All in all, I would not hesitate to book another stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem quiet. My room was right at the evaluator and I never heard it or anyone using th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and your great review.
I do appreciate your comments about William and the remainder of the staff. We do try to be helpful in every way possible.
Our lobby bar is very much a place to meet and we provide live entertainment on Thursday night, while roof top bar offers a great view over the city.
Again thank and I look forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Upon arrival I got a free upgrade for an Executive Business Suite. Getting an upgrade is usually a good thing but I learned, I should have declined it here. The lobby of the hotel is very confusing as well as the bar area. You have to get used to it. Once I found my suite I was impressed about the size and the several rooms but instantly noticed that it was somewhat worn already and obviously missed some important renovations.

The bathroom was impressive and very comfortable. Especially the shower was top class.

But the noise insulation was non existent. It was so noisy in the hotel, due to the highway in front of it and the concrete confinement directing noise upwards to all floors. Even height does not help. Never experienced this noise level in any hotel. Had to use ear plugs to get some sleep. Lighting in the suite was interesting as well. It needed logistical efforts to make your way from front door to bed with lights on and off on your way, which included going back and forth. A torch would help.

The hotel is situated along one of the bigger highway junctions with concrete confinement on both sides. Downtown and congress center are within easy walkable reach, but you have to be aware of the steep climbs there.

The conferencier was extremely kind and helpful in explaining best ways to the waterfront (downhill) and back (uphill) as well as good eating spots and how the public transport works in the city. This was for sure the best experience ever.

Breakfast was very comfortable and of high quality, but the service missed the personal touch.

The bar and its personal were very helpful and even remembered after some evening the preferred drinks.

In total the people in the service were for sure on the upper end, while the rooms were more for the lower one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and your comments.
I am sorry that you did not like all aspects of your stay, but I must say I am a bit confused with your headline “not very welcoming”, when all you did say about the service was on the positive side. From the upgrade upon check in, to the concierge and bar staff all your comments were indeed complimentary.
I am not sure what suite you stayed in but by the description it sounds like a large suite where the pictures were from a corner king room.
In any case, I hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Seattle.
Rene Neidhart

Been to Renaissance Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!