“TOTAL LACK OF CONCERN” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“TOTAL LACK OF CONCERN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

the lack of customer service I have received from this hotel about cancelling my reservation, within 12 hours of booking through another site is shocking. The other site (that will also get a well deserved review) has put the entire blame on the hotel who has done absolutely nothing to defend themselves. For a hotel that claims they are 4 stars, their service sure isn't. stay tuned for my reviews once I have actually stayed there as the treatment I have received so far is appalling.

PEEVED

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
First and foremost, we apologize that you are having troubles with booking our hotel. Each booking engine has its own terms and conditions, so depending on which one you booked through, we'd have to investigate. I would be happy to discuss this with you via telephone or, when you check-in with us, please ask for the Manager on Duty or me so we can get to the bottom of the problem. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Friendly staff, good service, rooms spacious. Perhaps a little more variety in the restaurant menu would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less noise
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Seattle for a long weekend with my mom and sister. The hotel is a classy property that appears geared toward the business traveler. The hotel was clean with nice amenities, including Aveda products. We enjoyed a visit to the lounge one evening. The hotel's location made it an easy walk to many popular downtown venues. The big downside: the beds. We had a room with 2 double beds, beds that should not be shared. The mattresses in our room were certainly in need of replacing. But overall, and certainly considering the excellent rate we had received, it was a good downtown hotel choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words about our property and amenities offered. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our beds comfortable. With our hotel being recently renovated, most mattresses are less than four years old. We also have them on a routine maintenance program for rotation. If you would be so kind as to let us know the room number, we will check the mattresses out immediately. We appreciate your feedback.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My experience at the hotel I would describe as average and not a 4 star rating that priceline might suggest, thus I was slightly disappointed. Overall the hotel property is okay and for being in downtown Seattle the price I paid on priceline was a bargain $115/night.
The inhouse workout room and nice treadmills and a full set of dumbells, however the other workout machines needed repair, gym was small. Pool had stong smell of chlorinates.
*Internet should have been free, for $13/night, it was s-l-o-w.
*Parking was tight and expensive $30night for self park (however compared to parking elsewhere this is probably standard fee.
*access to I-5 was convenient
*Maxwells restuarant had nice breakfast buffet, 3 newspapers to pick from and a very friendly staff.
*Overall staff was very helpful, friendly and actually seemed to enjoy their work. Rooms were clean and diligent housekeeping service.
*tv picture in room was not HD, small channel selection
In my opinion this is a value property if you can get it through priceline, however add $43/night to compare with another facility ( if you get free internet and parking).

Room Tip: Avoid the East side of Hotel to avoid nocturnal traffic noise if that bothers you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and our accommodations. I apologize that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay, however, I do thank you for your kind words and feedback about our staff being friendly and helpful. I'd like you to know that we take all comments and reviews very seriously and use them for moving forward in positive ways.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel was conveniently located, walking distance to all areas of downtown Seattle.

The room was a touch on the small side.

The bed was comfortable.

There was an empty bar fridge included which was nice. Most hotels provide a fridge full of overpriced goods.

No complimentary slippers.

In downtown Seattle parking is free on Sundays, but the spots are taken up quickly. We stayed Sat & Sun night, we paid $8.00 to park from 6PM to 8PM Sat nite while spots were available. On Sun nite we prepaid $8.00 to park from 8AM to 10AM on Mon. The result was $16.00 to park from 6PM Sat to 10AM Mon. This saved approximately $45.00 in parking.

Ask for a room away from the Interstate.

Ask for a room on a lower floor (6th), this will allow you to use the complimentary wireless internet provided in the lobby saving $12 or so per day (ask the front desk for the password).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Interstate. Ask for a room on a lower floor (6th), this will allow you...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and your stay with us. I appreciate your comments and am happy you were satisfied with your visit and our accommodations. Thank you for your business.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel has a very nice design and look to it. My husband and I went for a conference at the hotel. Our room didn't have as many cable channels so being alone in the room at night while he was at a meeting, I didn't enjoy the choices. Also the bed was horrible. We had a king sized bed and both of us slept horribly. Our over 20 year old mattress at home was nicer!
The workout room on the top floor was really nice with good equipment.
I ate at their restaurant for breakfast which was good and not too expensive.
They didn't have a shuttle bus to or from the airport, but luckily for us we had a friend drive us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, but we do appreciate your feedback. It is rare that we receive a complaint about the comfort of our beds, but I am sorry you feel that it was not comfortable.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Seattle during 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2011. It is indeed a great place.

I landed up at the Renaissance with 30 hours of plane on me, and after Virgin had misplaced my bags. At check-in, the helpful lady there gave me a bag of complementary toiletries and told me that I could get a pair of PJs at the gift shop.

The Renaissance has a terrific location in downtown Seattle. The rooms are large and well-equipped. The wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The flat-screen TV in the hotel can be used with the laptop as well. However, the TV transmission is analog, and is sometimes blurry. The coffee-maker and iron are handy for the traveller. There is no bathrobe though--could have come in helpful when I had lost my PJs in the luggage...

Did not dine out at the restaurants, as I was there on conference. The Conference rooms--Level B, Level 2 and Level 3 are--are conveniently located and well equipped. We did have a bit of trouble with the PA system in the conference halls. The food quality was excellent.

Overall, a great property, great rooms and a great experience overall...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to make it comfortable, despite the airline misplacing your luggage. We thank you again for your in-depth review, and for choosing us as your home away from home.

Been to Renaissance Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!