“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Spring St., Seattle, WA 98104   |
Ranked #76 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

This is a great hotel with wonderful service and a sort of Euro- asian feel to it. It is within walking distance to almost everything and has many good restaurants on and nearby the property.We would stay there again, no question.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

While the room was satisfactory and the location is great, if it is warm, there is no A/C, requiring you to sleep with the window open and it is noisy--that is if the window will stay open--we had to prop it open with the trash can. While they don't lie about the A/C on their website, they also don't tell you they don't have it--I should have checked this site first. They do supple a fan but it's just pushing hot air.

The bathroom looked fine--updated--but the sink took 15 minutes to drain. When the front desk was called, they indicated they would send someone up but they never did.

When I went to use the electrical outlet by the bed, the plug would just fall out of the outlet--apparently their is no electrical connection behind the face plate.

Again the location is great but for only $17/ night more, I could have stayed in another hotel only 5 blocks from here on Pioneer Square--it has A/C, in room wireless internet, and a continental breakfast.

...if I had only known that a newly renovated hotel would not have A/C.

• Stayed July 2005
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2005

It's been 6 months since we stayed in this hotel over the Xmas season but I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay here. Yes, late but still, I'm sure things don't change that much. We were apprehensive about the hotel before arrival from reading about it and the fact that it is a very old hotel in the downtown area. I was nervous that it would be in skid-row. Heehee. It wasn't. It was great that way. What sold us was that it is a completely NON-SMOKING hotel! YES! That did it. When we arrived, the room was small and seemed old but it was very clean. It could use more light. The washroom is very tiny like everyone says. Still, the location is GREAT and the room was very quiet. We faced the library, away from the main street. We enjoyed the easy access to everything so much that we left the car parked in the parking lot for 4 days. Yes, it did cost $18 a day to park. Ouch. The lobby/mezzanine area was actually bright, large and inviting. It was more contemporary and newer with sofa/reading area and free internet computers. Still, we loved our little cubby-hole and would definitely stay there again! It isn't a 4-star hotel but we were open minded enough to enjoy the old world charm. It's CLEAN and feels very safe. Those are the things that are important and oh... the price was good too. About $70ish a night. -Mae

• Stayed December 2004
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2005

Only real concern was lack of a/c in rooms. Temp was in the 60's the week I was there, so that was not a problem. Each room has a ceiling fan and a small oscillating fan.

Two colleagues and myself were in Seattle for business meetings at the "W", but we stayed at the Plaza. It is literally 'next door" to the "W", at 1/3 the price. Rooms are small, older, but very clean. Beds were great. My wife came to town the day the conference ended and we stayed 3 more nights at the Plaza. If my experience for the first three nights had been unsatisfactory, we wouldn't have stayed the rest of the week. If you just want a place to sleep and shower, it can't be beat.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2005

We booked our room after reading a review that said this hotel was "European" style. Having spent considerable time in Europe, we were very disappointed in the size of the room--very small; the esthetics--dreary, old, depressing, and noisy; and the price, which we felt was really ridiculous for this room. We had just come from Little America in Salt Lake City, which could account for our disappointment. The only positives I can find are the location--great--and the desk staff--very helpful. It seems that the hotel's location gives them the "right" to offer a very substandard experience. After reading the reviews since we stayed there, it doesn't sound like any changes for the better have been made.

• Stayed October 2001
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

I spent four nights at the Pacific Plaza, and while I was not overly impressed with my hotel room, it was perfectly adequate for what I needed.

I found the bed to be quite comfortable, even if the three pillows were small and a bit squished. The room contained a queen-sized bed, a large upholstered chair, a medium dresser and a large television set. The bathroom was small but very clean, and fresh towels and soap were provided every day.

I was very happy with this hotel for the price that I paid. I enjoyed the coffee shop on the main level, and the visitor lobby (complete with free internet acessible computers) was wonderful. The staff were friendly, as were the majority of the guests. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2005

The hotels in that part of downtown Seattle do usually run quite a bit more, so if you are on a tight budget, a deep sleeper and don't plan to spend much time in your room, this is an option for you.

Yes, the room was small - I've actually been in smaller rooms in San Francisco (at a lower price). It was not grossly dirty, but not really up to the average hotel standard. I suspect the cleaning staff is not given much time. There was no "bell" staff - the person at the desk only appeared after you approached the counter and seemed to be a bit confused when you ask questions.

The mattress was very hard and lumpy, and the pillows were the absolute worst. They did give me a softer pillow when I asked, and they did bring up some regular coffee when I called (the second morning I only had decaf available). But the walls are paper thin, and you can hear every single car that is traveling on 5th street if you are on that side - and everything that your neighbors are watching on TV, and their laughter, loud comments, etc. At least they can hear YOU when you knock on the wall!

I wonder how they get around the Handicap Accessable laws - from the lobby (and from the Seattle's Best coffee shop) you can only get to the elevators using a small set of stairs.

The staff was friendly, but they only respond to questions, they do not offer solutions. Also, if you drive there, it is a bit confusing as to where you can put your car while you check in - the sign in front says taxi zone only. If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, walk through the door quickly - the four times I went through that door, there was something burning in the ashtray which is directly adjacent to the door.

This was a business trip, and it was very convenient to our Seattle office. My boss stays there when he goes to Seattle and said it was a good hotel, but personally, I am (apparently) a much lighter sleeper and I will not be returning. I would rather stay further away and walk those steep hills than try to function on so little sleep.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Been to Executive Hotel Pacific? Share your experiences!