“Good location. Comfy bed.” 4 of 5 stars

Executive Hotel Pacific
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Spring St., Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #76 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Denver, Colorado
“Good location. Comfy bed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friend and I were in Seattle for a few days of fun. This hotel was great for us. One thing I really appreciated about it was the bed and how comfortable the mattress and pillows were. The staff was very friendly, helpful and provided us with maps of the city which helped us get around in the few days we had there. The coffee shop below was a nice added touch for convenience. The location was pretty spot on as far as walking to almost everything in the city. The furthest attraction was the space needle; even still, we were able to walk to it. The only two very minor complaints I'd have about this hotel is that there was no refrigerator. A fridge would have been pretty handy and the bathroom was kind of tight but really, that wasn't a big deal at all because the hotel room itself was very cozy and clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments in regards to our friendly informative staff. We all take pride in sharing the City of Seattle with all our guest. As well we our housekeeping staff goes the extra mile in keeping our property clean and cozy. We are in the process of renovating our bathrooms, and will move to our carpeting, wall covering, lighting and elevator systems this year. We do invite you to come back so we may share our progress with you.
Ron Hofilena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I really hate to give this place such a low rating because of the friendly and efficient staff.

We were in Seattle for the Monday Night Football game between the Seahawks and the Saints. We specifically picked this hotel based on it's proximity to the buses to the stadium and it's pet friendly status. Upon arrival we were greeted by a valet and quickly shown into the lobby where the extremely friendly staff at the front desk checked us in. The service and staff in this hotel were top-notch. They could easily work at a five star hotel. Too bad they are stuck in a two star, aging property with many flaws.

Bags had to be carried first down a flight of stairs to the cart. I don't see how this property could ever be ADA compliant as you would have to traverse at least one set of stairs up or down to access the elevators.

The room was small with no fridge or microwave. A recent flat screen TV was the highlight of the room! The bathroom was cramped. I couldn't even stand in front of the toilet and had to hold the lid up while going #1! The faucet leaked continuously.

The single queen size bed was clean but uncomfortable and resulted in fitful sleep for us. Did I tell you that the staff was friendly and competent? You better enjoy the noise of the city or completely exhaust yourself during the day if you wish to get a full night's sleep in this place.

For a pet friendly hotel, I was surprised that their was no convenient place for my pet to relieve itself. The property is surrounded by office buildings with landscaping and prominent "No Pet" signs. I found two trees around the corner that were clearly used by every animal within a 5 block radius and presented a danger to the animals since buses passed regularly within a couple feet of the spot. I would not take my pet to this place a second time.

Plan to do a lot of walking if you like anything to eat or drink except for Starbucks. Everything else close by is expensive even by Seattle standards.

This was our first time to Seattle for a football game and watching the bus that supposedly stopped at the stadium fly right past the stadium stop and go another mile down the road before stopping was certainly not what we were hoping for. After the game, which the Hawks won handily, had it not been raining, the long walk back to the hotel would have been a fun adventure.

The hotel itself is ideally located for visitors wishing for a central location with which to WALK all around Seattle's downtown. The surrounding hilly streets will give your legs and lungs quite a stimulating workout as you come and go frequently. There is no restaurant on premises though there is a little coffee house attached to the lobby. It always seemed to be too busy or closed every time we thought about visiting it.

The staff makes me want to use this hotel again, but the price paid for what we got will ensure that I don't make a return visit. Maybe they'll have a discount coupon somewhere in some travel magazine after they fix all that is wrong with their property.

Room Tip: I couldn't tell you. My room was #518. Avoid it at all costs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for complimenting our staff and service, we truly appreciate your comments and feed back. Our property was originally built in 1928 and with each ownership
change our structure and layout has remained virtually intact. Our owner is committed to creating an updated experience for our guest. We are currently renovating our bathrooms,
moving to our public space carpeting, wall covering and lighting. In March 2014 we will begin the process of modernizing our elevator systems and cabs with a target completion date of June/July. We are confident that these updates will create an enhanced experience and stay for our guest and would welcome you back so we may share in our accomplishments. I do apologize for the lack of outdoor facilities for your pet, I have challenged our concierge staff to locate a suitable area within walking distance that would welcome our four legged family members. We are committed to improving our property and your comments and concerns are very helpful as we move forward. Once again thank you for recognizing our staff, location and service we hope to see you again soon for another HAWKS win. Thank you for staying with us.
GO HAWKS!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and I was impressed by the updates I saw. I had no trouble with noise from the rooms on either side of mine. Though I was facing an alley and parking garage, I found it pleasantly quiet and got a good night's sleep. I did need to keep the window cracked open because I could only get hot air out of the heating/cooling unit, but that was fine with me and I enjoyed the fresh air. I would recommend this hotel and will be staying there again myself in a few days.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our staff, room updates and your restful nights sleep. Our staff genuinely enjoys taking care of visitors to Seattle and we all truly look
forward to your return the next time your travels bring you back our way.
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Bring you earplugs! If you enjoy sleeping in a cardboard box then this place is for you! This is a old hotel with a nice remodel. You can here what the people in the room next to you are saying. If you do want to stay here ask for a room far from the elevator. The only great thing about this place was the amazingly friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for providing your comments and for acknowledging our friendly staff. Our facility was built in 1928 and each ownership group has maintained the original infrastructure over the years.
We have explored several options to reduce the noise but have not found a suitable solution.
We do hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I booked through Travelzoo and booked into a executive double. When i got to the counter the print out for my room read , standard double, when i quesiotned the difference, i was told that this was a great room and would enjoy it. The room barely held the 2 beds, there was no place to sit other then the bed and very little room to move around. the bathrrom was extremely small. Then the room was so hot that we could not sleep. Since the hotel was older the temperature regulation was done by boilers, and it only blew hot air in the winter and cold air in the summer. That wouldn't be so bad if hot air wasn't being blown into the room constantly. There was no way to cool the room down besides opening the window a crack. We were literally sweating all night long. Horrible. When i did complain to the front desk , she tried to move me to a lower room and upgrade. She did move me to a lower room but it was literally the same room 2 floors down. In speaking to the manager he was finally gave us a larger room.
On the plus side The staff were very helpful , I think they hear the complaint so much about the air quality they have a very " pat answer" to the problems. If you love the location, stay here . If you are looking for larger more modern amenties and room size take a pass.
On the very plus side they did have a wine reception which was very nice and got to try some nice wines.

Room Tip: hard to say i booked into an executive room but was given a standard ( i think they are mostly the s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your providing us with the comments and for acknowledging our location, wine reception and staff, on your most recent stay. I do apologize for the size of the rooms, our building was built on 1928 and with each ownership group it has managed to remain relatively the same over the years. I am glad that your staff was able to accommodate your request for a larger room. Thank you for purchasing our Travelzoo special offer, we do match all promotional rates via our reservations line at the hotel level and we hope you do so on your next visit to Seattle.
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Was here for one night on business. Arrived late, the staff at the front desk was great quite helpful in directing me to my room while I was exhausted. The room itself was small; this is clearly an older hotel that has had recent upgrades. Enough space for one person, would have been tight for two (my room had one queen bed). The bathroom was tiny; Japanese scale. Again, fine for one person, with minimal toiletries, would be tight for a couple. The room was clean. Ice maker was two floors away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your feed back and pointing our helpful staff, taking care of guest needs is a priority for us. We are in the process of enhancing our hotel with updated bathrooms in progress. Carpeting, wall covering, lighting and elevator systems right around the corner. We look forward to your return so we can share our progress with you.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Excellent value, great location. Desk person was helpful and efficient at checkin and gave me a very nice corner room with windows looking at the Koolhas designed public library just across the street. the bellman was distracted and wanting to chat with a guest, but did take and ticket my bag effectively for later pick up when I checked out. Building is slightly worn in areas, but overall, the renovations are attractive and seem to be of solid construction. I was traveling without my family, but felt very safe in my room and the public areas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ann,
Thank you for providing us with your comments and for recognizing the front office agent and Bellman who assisted during your stay. Our renovations to our Bathrooms are progressing
and we will soon move to our carpeting, wall coverings, lighting and new elevators. We hope to see you again, and look forward to possibly meeting your family on your next visit to Seattle.
Ron Hofilena

Been to Executive Hotel Pacific? Share your experiences!