“Actual rating = 3.5 stars” 3 of 5 stars

Executive Hotel Pacific
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Spring St., Seattle, WA 98104   |
Ranked #76 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Actual rating = 3.5 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Pros: location is amazing. Right next to central library, a few blocks from the waterfront, in the middle of everything and very walkable to public transit.
5:00 wine hour every night. Holler!
Friendly staff
Really comfortable bed
GREAT toiletries!
Coffee/gelato bar on first floor with good hours

Cons: Small rooms
Small bathrooms
The tub in my bathroom didn't drain very well at all so taking a shower wasn't all that pleasant.
Super loud toilets and could hear doors slamming (although the door thing is probably going to happen in 95% of hotels...just saying)
While they had wi-fi, it was hit and miss

I wasn't paying so I couldn't tell you if this was or was not worth the $$. It was totally do-able for 2 days because I was barely in the room. I would stay there again, maybe not on a business trip where I had to get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, but definitely for a fun trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay and for acknowledging our location, friendly staff, comfort and reception.  I do apologize for the Wi-Fi and room size.
Our property was built in 1928 and each ownership group has kept the historic layout intact.  We are in the process of updating our bathrooms, and have plans next to tackle carpets, wall
coverings, lighting and elevators and will definitely address the Wi-Fi challenges in the process. We do hope you come back for a fun trip soon so we can share our renovations with you.
Ron Hofilena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Port Townsend, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is center city Seattle's relatively low-priced hotel, because it was built in 1928. It's convenient to the Seattle Public Library and Benaroya Hall, but because of its age, the rooms are small. My standard queen was only large enough for a bed, a chair, a TV and two bedside tables. No desk. No second chair for a couple. No glasses, only two coffee mugs. The bathroom was tiny and awkward to maneuver in. There was no air conditioning in our stuffy room, because the hotel was transitioning from cooling to heating for the winter months. They gave us a fan and apologized. The staff was friendly and cooperative, but that didn't outweigh the disadvantages.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is larger than standard and ask what furniture is in the room and how large is t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill,
Thank you for your comments, and for acknowledging our friendly cooperative staff and centralized location. I do apologize for the cooling/heating transition during your visit. We recognize the need
to update the property and as a result we are currently renovating our bathrooms and will soon move to replacing our carpeting, wall coverings, and lighting, as well as upgrading our elevators, all designed to enhance the guest experience.
We do hope that you will come back so we may share our renovations with you once completed.
Astoria, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was designated for a conference, but I missed the discount. In any case, they priced normally as a mid-class hotel, and the staff is nice and helpful, but …

The elevator is 100 years old, literally. It's faster to take the stairs. The good news is, they are apparently upgrading. I learned by chance that you had to hit the 6 button extra hard to make it connect. Good thing I only took one ride in vain.

OK, the wireless bites. I can put up with most quirks of older hotels (charm being what it is) but kicking me off the wifi every three minutes (not kidding) does not cut it. I even brought an ethernet cable to hedge against this, but, no port.

And, I can detect no cooling difference in the window unit, and had to manhandle the window open 1.5 inches to get a cool breeze.

Plusses, they take critters, are close to all things good downtown, including being right across the street from the library. The complimentary toiletries are nice and the room seems clean. I was able to find enough plugs to stay hooked up, this time, but did unplug the clock radio (who uses those these days?). There is a coffee shop downstairs and an evening wine reception. I have an excellent view of the Hotel Monaco across the street, which is my No. 1 place to stay in Seattle.

Cons: Parking is really spendy ($25-27) and, although right next door, unless you do the only-occasionally available valet, you have to park and leave it on the third floor or higher.

Shout-out to the young bellman from Africa (his name starts with M, but I'm terrible with names). He was friendly, informative and just a good guy. All the staff I met is aces, so there is that.

Room Tip: Ice is on floors 5 and 7. My room did not have a fridge, but did have a basket of pop and sweets as...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for pointing out our pet friendly policy, location, reception and our newest café partner Vovito Espresso.
As well I have shared your compliment with "Maron" our bellman and all of our staff. I do apologize for the elevators, unfortunately, while you were with us, we were undertaking an elevator safety
testing that is required by the City of Seattle, thus only having one operating elevator at various times over the course of 3 days. We are currently renovating our bathrooms and will soon move to replacing our carpeting, wall coverings, and lighting, as well as upgrading our elevators, all designed to enhance the guest experience.
As well I have contacted our Wi-Fi provider so they may address the connectivity issues you
Experienced during your stay with us. We do hope that you return and take a look at our renovation progress on your next visit to Seattle.
BLUE MOUNTAINS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We booked this hotel as it looked like it was not too far from the Victoria ferry terminal. In actual fact it was further than we had thought but the Hotel had a complimentary car that dropped us there so another star for the hotel.
We had an executive King room. Slightly small room but very comfortable. Great bed. The room comes with its own coffee maker. Seattle prides itself as a bit of a coffee capital, however the coffee supplied in the room is undrinkable. If your from Australia, and Sydney and Melbourne in particular, you will not even recognise this as coffee. However do not despair, leave the hotel through the front door turn right then right at the corner, walk a couple of blocks and you will run into a French Patisserie, under the Fairmont hotel. There you will find COFFEE and a wonderful selection of pastries.
Back to the hotel. The front of house staff are great here, very helpful.The hotel is just across the road from the new Library, and is well located for exploring the city on foot. I can unreservedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your very positive comments, I apologize for the in room coffee (Seattle's Best Brand) I was unaware of the drinkability, I will most defiantly brew some for the staff to sample. Vovito Espresso recently opened to serve our guest and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you as well for recognizing our staff and location we all look forward to your next visit to Seattle.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Seattle all staff very friendly really good location. We really enjoyed Seattle love to go back again someday I would recommend this hotel if you ever stay Rooms well equiped Very clean and modern

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us, and for recognizing our new staff members and their friendliness. We hope to see you again soon, when your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Executive Hotel Pacific is in a great location, within walking distance to many of Seattle's finest restaurants, the downtown shopping area, and Pike Place Market. Average price for a hotel in this area is about $200/night, so I was thrilled to find a package at this hotel for $159/night that included valet parking. (I was driving in from Portland, OR.)

The good news: I was in a corner room with a view of the street below. The service from the valet/bellman and front desk was top-notch. Overall the room was clean, although the carpet could use a deep clean. The bed was very comfortable.

The bad news: The room is very small by American standards. I've stayed in European hotel rooms that were smaller so I wasn't shocked, but truly the bathroom is one of the smallest I've seen. The walls are thin - while the fan was able to drown out the street noise, I could hear my neighbor's entire conversation until well into the night when they finally went to sleep. Overall, the hotel is just very dated and in need of a renovation.

Bottom line: My travel style is such that I am rarely in my hotel room except to sleep. So amenities and big luxurious rooms aren't necessary, I just need a comfortable, quiet bed to sleep in. With the competitive rate at Executive Hotel Pacific, comfortable bed, clean rooms, and good service, I would stay here again despite the small room -- but bring a pair of earplugs next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking 4th street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for acknowledging our location, staff and service. Our owners allocate capital funds annually and we are currently renovating our bathrooms, moving to our carpeting, wall covering, lighting and elevator systems, with a projected completion date of mid 2014. Please do come back and take a look at our progress and we will have a set of earplugs waiting for your convenience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here right now.
They do not have any heat.
I can not begin to itemize all the things that are wrong with this hotel. The staff enjoys watching you drag your luggage down the stairs to the elevator, it must be against their religion to help guests. This hotel should be shut down. Finding another hotel
to move to. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed September 2013
EHPSeattle, General Manager at Executive Hotel Pacific, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your voicing your concerns I apologize for our Bellman not being readily available to assist with your luggage. As well our building is currently in our cooling (air conditioning cycle) with the change of seasons we will be switching over to heating within the next week or two. Would love a chance to sit down and discuss any other issues you may have.
Ron Hofilena

Been to Executive Hotel Pacific? Share your experiences!