“Great Bargain, Great Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Moore Hotel
1926 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Central New Jersey
“Great Bargain, Great Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

If you are looking for a bargain hotel with a great location in Seattle, than look no futher than the Moore Hotel in Seattle. The Moore is located two blocks from the Pike Market and the major attractions are a short walk away.

This recenlty renovated hotel is clean and comfortable, but lacks any luxury ammenities that a major name modern hotel will offer which was fine for my wife, daughter and myself. This is strictly no-frills except for those looking for a clean bed and shower.

I would not recommed it for families with young children as the concerts in the adjacent theater can be heard in within the hotel. I don't recall a concert ending later than 10:00 - 10:30 PM. You can request a room on the higher floors (7 floors) but be warned there is only one elevator.

Glad we stayed at the Moore!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Port Angeles, Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We took a room at the Moore when it seemed that all rooms in Seattle were taken. It has both good and bad features. The accommodations are Spartan but clean and spacious. The location is great except for the drug and alcohol recovery center next door, which results in individuals of questionable character loitering on the street day and night. (These folks can be avoided by walking on 3rd St. or on the west side of 2nd St.) We appreciated the kitchenette, but had to request a microwave, which was provided. There were very few cooking utensils, but nice tableware. There were no knobs on the cooktop, and none could be found by the staff. Electrical wiring was stapled to the walls, and there was no clock or clock radio. We were on the street side, 2nd floor, and there was considerable street noise (much of it from the rehab folks next door.) Free wi-fi worked well.
Would we stay here again? Probably. If you limit your expectations, the Moore provides acceptable, spacious, but spartan accommodations.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
world
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

This hotel is old and has the charm that goes with that. It is well maintained and improved but not extensively renovated. We liked the desk clerk who recommended a great restaurant for us and we liked the location of the hotel. Ww could walk to the restaurant and bar area around Pike Market and also to the seafront. We had a one night stay and found the hotel completely adequate for our needs. We'd recommend it for a budget stay in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Aiken SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed at the Moore Hotel pre and post cruise to Alaska. We had a suite witha seperate bedroom for our nephew who was traveling with us. It is not the most modern of hotels 100 years old. If you arte into historic this is the plaace. The rooms are clean. It is a bit noisey due to traffic out side. No Air condiationing, but you don't need it. Walking distance to everything including busses to Sea-Tac. Night desk clerk robert, knows all the good spots to see..Would stay there again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Bristol, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I was spending a few days sightseeing in Seattle prior to travelling up to Vancouver for an Alaska cruise.
I chose this hotel based on location and price.
I will admit to being a little nervous as we pulled up in front of the hotel - it's definitely nothing to look at - but the lobby had an old-time charm to it, and the staff were warm, friendly, and helpful.
I was given a verbal description of three available rooms and allowed to choose: one with a clawfoot bathtub, one on a newly remodeled floor, and one with a view of the water. I chose the waterview, which was on the seventh floor facing Second Ave. And received, to my great surprise, an actual KEY - not the key card you get at all the chain hotels.
You can see the water over the tops of the other buildings.
The room was quite large, with a very high ceiling and two big windows that you can open - which is a good thing, because there is no air conditioning, and the weather during my stay was sunny and warm. There was a small tabletop fan, which was a huge help both in cooling down the room and in providing white noise to counter the traffic in the street below.
Very plain decor, institutional-looking bedspread and drapes. Nice little table near the windows, but the chairs seemed low when using them with the table.
The bathroom was small, and it puzzled me. In the space where a bathtub would normally be, there was a shower stall. There were walls on both sides of it, which made the space next to the toilet uncomfortably small. And that shower was extremely temperamental temperature-wise - it would not maintain a constant temperature.
All that being said, however, the hotel was clean and just a short walk from Pike Place Market and Westlake Center (and the monorail). When you input the address shown here on TripAdvisor, it doesn't line up with what I found in reality; it's on Second Ave between Virginia and Stewart, right next door to the Moore Theatre, which did not have any events during my stay.
This puts it on the same block, practically next door to some kind of housing called the Josephinium, a "Recovery Cafe" and what appears to be a group of social service agencies. So there were some interesting characters hanging out in front of those buildings - but they were not of the type who accosted passersby.
The public transportation buses are free within a downtown zone which includes the Moore Hotel. A cab down to the Amtrak station cost, as I recall, about $12.
This was nothing fancy, but all I needed was a place to sleep when I wasn't rambling around, so it suited me just fine.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

my wife and I stayed in a European style room for 3 nights. There is a bathroom that includes a shower / bath and toilet and there is also a separate toilet. Unless you have used a european room before, you need to get in the shower early to avoid the peak shower periods from 8am to 10am but presumably people who book this type of room have done so before so this would not be a suprise. The room itself was clean and comfortable which included a tv, closet, sink, table and fan. Maids are quite active in the mornings and seem to pay attention to cleanliness. The hotel has 2 internet stations in the reception. The hotel is a short walk to the Pike Market and probably a 10 - 15 minute walk to the space needle. Plenty of eateries are near the hotel. We did a Seattle underground tour and would thoroughly recommend it. We also caught a ferry to Bainbridge Island for the day - the ferry terminal is on the foreshore, 10 minute walk from the hotel. We easily caught a bus near the hotel to the airport, the reception guys were helpful. All in all, we had a good experience and is what we expected.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

Stayed with my husband and two teenage daughters in March. We did face the bay and I was happy that we could open the windows. Downside very loud on the weekends with ppl coming out of the clubs with drunken yelling. I'm sure earplugs would work, but didn't notice any noise from other guests. I liked our rooms with their high ceilings. we had two rooms that were adjoined by a bathroom. Each room had its own closet and TV. The kids room had 2 twin beds and an extra sink and mirror. All this for about 130.00 per night. We also had a microwave and frig. Very clean room, heat with radiator. Desk staff was adequate, not overly nice but not rude either. We had fun here, a little dicey neighborhood at night but I walked along and felt safe, but I live in a big city so I'm used to panhandlers and street ppl, but if your from a small town or the country this might not be the place for you. Only bad thing I could see was there was no A/C so a hot night/day in the summer might be very uncomfortable but perfect fall through spring. Walked everyday to Pikes place also walked to space needle just a mile or so, very close to lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Moore Hotel? Share your experiences!