“Perfect Location For Seeing Seattle By Foot” 5 of 5 stars

You added Moore Hotel to your Saves list
Moore Hotel
1926 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Seattle
“Perfect Location For Seeing Seattle By Foot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I absolutely loved the five days I spent in Seattle and staying at the Moore Hotel was an excellent choice. The room and bathroom were very spacious for three adults and a nine year old and very clean. The heating in our room was fine, it did get cooler at night but I prefer that (we stayed in December). The friendly woman at the front desk did say, upon check-in, that they had portable heaters available if we found it cold. If I stay again I may borrow one just to heat up the bathroom for my son as he found it cold for showering. Our room only had a shower but that worked for all of us just fine. The WIFI wasn't the strongest (fifth floor) the closer we were to the hallway the better it worked. Definitely couldn't get a consistent signal sitting in bed. WIFI in the lobby worked great. The staff were friendly and the parking garage a block away was a great deal. We walked to the market every morning for a coffee and pastry (just a block away) We easily walked to the EMP, Space Needle, Science Center, Aquarium, shopping, etc. and the Fluevog store was practically across the street! (one must always visit Fluevog when in a Fluevog city!)

Thank-you to the Moore Hotel for an excellent stay. I look forward to staying there again and exploring even more of Seattle (and drinking more craft beer, cause isn't that why you go in the first place?)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this hotel by my cousin who stays here whenever she's in Seattle, and warned us that this place isn't fancy by any means, but is the best value compared to others in the area. The location of the hotel really can't be beat, within a couple of blocks from the Pike Place market, the first Starbucks, waterfront restaurants, ferries and the downtown shopping area. It's also a short bus or sky train ride ($2.25) to the Space Needle, EMP music experience, science centre, IMAX etc. The hotel itself is old, however our room was nice enough and the bathroom was big. I was staying here with my parents so we had a room with 2 queens on the 7th (top) floor. Wifi worked well in both the room and the lobby. The room is lacking some things like a hair dryer, coffee maker, ironing board/iron etc and there is no air conditioning but did have a small portable fan in the room which we didn't use as we visited in spring, and it was cold and rainy. The heaters are the old oil heater type things and were difficult to adjust. The room would get so hot and stuffy that we had to open a window and then it would get too cold. Despite the comfortable beds, I didn't get a good night sleep during my stay because of the heating issues.
Parking is at the 3rd & Stewart garage which is a block away, for $15 a night. Just be mindful that there's no in and out privileges, so leave the car parked if you can.
The staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Tracey who was more than happy to give us a bunch of recommendations on where to dine, what to see and directions around town.
So, while there are definitely pros and cons, the bottom line is that you get what you pay for... and I would probably stay here again purely for the location!

• Stayed April 2013
brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

First the positives: great location, great price for two connecting room, which were a great bonus as a family with young children. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.
On the first night we had one issue, that was dealt with quickly the day after with a change of rooms: we were given an allegedly bigger room on the 5th floor (526, if I remember well), BUT one of the two rooms wasn't insulated at all and the noise from the nearby club was terrible. It didn't help that the people above decided to party at 2am: we were jet lagged and ended up awake at 3am.

The new rooms on the 4th floor and on he other side were great, however.

They often recommend a breakfast place that is nice but overpriced, we ended up going to places in the market instead.

All in all, would go back again

Room Tip: Away from the club!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you are looking for reasonably priced room in the heart of seattle this would be it.... only a few blocks from pikes place, the art museum and pioneer square you can expect an interesting and truly seattle experience.
built in 1907 the hotel is tastly decorated but not to take away from the heritage,, as such she she has smaller rooms with high sealings , poor lighting small bathrooms (unless you choose a room without one) and a small tube tv...i do not care but many may, did not come here to watch tv in my room
younger people loved it ,,..... 2 older couples that were thier seemed less than impressed but i am assuming they did no research or were expecting something different,,,
thier is a ministry next door so you do get some interesting people hanging out in front but nothing to different than the rest of the area,, parking is in a garage across the street and is $12 a day, the staff is extremly helpful and without question i will stay here again

thier are plenty of restaurants in the area so thier is no lack of choices and coffee shops everywhere including the first starbucks in front of pikes place. i love the ivars fish and chips on the water,and the coffee shop a block up from the hotel. If you have never been to seattle before most things of interest are in the area of the hotel, it is more of a walking town as parking can be expensive

shorty's pinball bar is a must see for some drinks,, the showbox at the market was an amazing venue for music as well, i also love seeing seahawk games but nothing about that is cheap.and i still want to do the underground tour but have not yet........i was not overly impressed with the music experince project and would not do it again as a musician myself,,,although they had a hendrix exibit the last time i was thier and that saved it for me

not matter what, if you are driving get a good map as the hotel is surrounded by one way streets and thier is no direct route thier from the I-5, to unload you must park in front as the garage is a block away and you neet to plot that well as you may need to backtrack to get to it,, you also have no in and out priveleges in the garage, although you can take the car out you will get charged an extra day,,, so if you can, do what you need to do further away before you arrive or after you check out,,, unless you are rich then do not worry,,,

ice machine is on by the middle stairs on the lower level before the lobby,,, just listen for it

Room Tip: currently thier is construction across the street at the vicktoria (yes with a... k) so do not get a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall, a great experience with my recent stay at the Moore Hotel in Seattle. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The location is what sold me on this hotel and it didn't disappoint. I walked to everything that I wanted to see in Seattle-the Space Needle (~10 blocks), Pike Place Market (2 blocks), the ferries (~6-7 blocks), etc. The photos of the rooms actually don't do them justice in my opinion. My room was very cute and modern (with the exception of the TV, which I didn't use) and the bed was comfortable. My only suggestion concerns the parking. The Moore Hotel's website notes that it has no affiliation with the parking garage they list on their website: The 3rd & Stewart garage. This information is actually incorrect and I highly suggest that the owner update the website to reflect accurate information. Upon check-in, you get a parking validation ticket for this garage and your rate for 24 hours is $12-a great steal! Since the hotel explicitly states they have no affiliation with this particular garage, I parked at another nearby parking lot and it cost me $15 for the day. When I checked in to the hotel later that afternoon, they then gave me the validation ticket and I moved my car to this garage later that night. Had I known this from the beginning, I would have happily parked in the 3rd & Stewart garage from the beginning and saved myself the $15. Instead, I paid the $15 and then $12 for 22 hours of parking. Lesson learned on my end.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Such a nice place to stay that isn't a big chain hotel. Very old building that has been updated and is clean and beautifully furnished. There happened to be some noisy construction going on across the street when I was there, and was given a discount and room upgrade for the inconvenience; which I thought was nice. I was so tired, I didn't care about the noise, and didn't really notice it that much. The internet service was basically non-existent in the room; although they said it was available. You could; however, connect in the lobby. Will definitely stay again, and am glad to add the Moore to my favorite places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at The Moore many times in the last 10 years. This is a very well located hotel. In my opinion, the best location you can get in downtown Seattle. You are close to the Pike Place Market, very good restaurants, cinemas, shopping centers, the monorail, etc. The Moore is close to many bus stops to take public transportation to many places, such as the University District and also to go to some beaches. If you like to walk, The Moore will allow you to have nice walks to Capitol Hill, to some cinemas, to the piers, to the Sculpture Park (a branch of the Seattle Art Museum) and much more. The Moore is an old hotel, with a little elevator and no air conditioning system. Nevertheless, precisely because it's an old building, it has very high ceilings, which makes rooms fresh in summer time. The hotel does have heating system for fall-winter season. The people who work at The Moore are very friendly and they are at the front desk 24 hours every single day. The Moore does not have a parking garage, but there is a parking lot just crossing the street. If you fly to Seattle, take the train in the airport and it will take you to downtown Seattle. One of the train stations is located a block and a half from The Moore. The Moore has different types of rooms: suites (several rooms and a kitchenette area; very good for families or groups of friends), conventional rooms with a private bathroom, conventional rooms with a shared bathroom, and something called "European style," meaning you need to go out of your room in order to take a shower. Different options for different budgets. Rooms are very good size and very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Moore Hotel? Share your experiences!