“Bad service for the last time” 1 of 5 stars

Moore Hotel
1926 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Belltown)   |
Ranked #47 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Boise, Idaho
“Bad service for the last time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I used to live in downtown Seattle for about 8 years and lived in WA state for a total of 30 years. I've since moved and wanted to find a hotel in a good location that was "cheap" for Seattle as I come back at least once a year or more to visit friends and family. I found this hotel and the very first time my hubby and I stayed there, we loved it! So close to everything and so cheap. Well, with each time we stayed there again, the service went from "decent", at best, to horrible and downright rude. The last time around, my hubby called down to the front desk at 8:30am on a Saturday for some help as our toilet wouldn't flush. He was immediately told that we can't expect service at the crack of dawn! I think they forgot that they are in the hospitality business. They basically told us to use the toilet down the hall and someone would handle it when "they get here".

Beyond that, my hubby went to open the curtains and one side of the rod came completely off in his hand which he proceeded to fix himself since, god forbid, we expect them to do it for us. Then the batteries were dead in our TV remote and when I stopped at the front desk, the lady was hesitant to give me new ones because I couldn't tell her the exact remote control we had in our room from memory (color of remote and layout of buttons plus TV make/model). Why would that even matter?

I found myself wondering why we continue to book rooms there when there is an equally good hotel in the Queen Anne area for the same price but much, much nicer with really friendly staff? That stay was our last. Adios Moore Hotel! Hopefully you don't have to close your doors in the future in such a great "Seattle institution" due to your utterly awful customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Everyone who works in this hotel is so nice especially the guy who works at the front desk this place is extremely clean and u get more than what u pay for. U won't regret it. I highly recommend this place and if I ever comes back to Seattle this is the place for me to stay again

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My only complaint about the hotel concerns the bathroom, there was no holder/stand for the shower head making it difficult to have a shower and wash your hair. I'm not sure if this is the case for every room, and although I was only staying for a night, it's a point worth noting for anyone staying a while longer.

If that's not a conern in your opinion and you could put up with that, then it's a great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Pictou, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was in Seattle for a national teachers conference Nov 15019/12.. After reading many reviews I chose the Moore Hotel due to the price and location.It is about ( said with A Canadian accent) a 12 minute walk to the Washington Convention Center...with all kinds of shopping, coffee shops and sites along the way.It is 2 blocks from Pikes Market.
The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. It had an older model TV- but the picture was good. No issues at all. The bathroom had a big, old, claw foot tub....with lots of hot water. If you don't have hot water- check the taps- they are reversed cold=hot/ hot=cold...No Problem.
The internet wireless was fine- no issues. I was in room 700- the router was right down the hall. I was in the back of the hotel- with a view of Macy's. It was quiet outside and in. I never head a peep during the night.
You will read about the heat. There is no room thermostat....so if you go out shopping- leave the window open so you will not be too hot when you return. I used the fan to keep from getting tooo hot during the night.
The desk staff was friendly. I will definitely stay here next time I return.
Remember- clean, quiet, close, and inexpensive. What "Moore" could you ask for??? Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Room #700- quiet and great wireless:)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We studied other reviews before booking this hotel. And we felt it would be a small gamble. It was not a gamble at all. This was a great hotel, especially considering the price.
We had traveled for 12 hours by the time we got to the hotel and it was only 1pm. We knew they would store our luggage so we could enjoy the sites. But I was so exhausted, I asked if we could check in early (3 hours early) and they accommodated us on the spot. Wow, this has never happened at any other hotel I have asked. Maybe we just looked that exhausted and they felt bad for us. Either way, I was delighted.
The hotel room was plenty big and they turned on the heat in the evenings (thank goodness). The hotel is less than 5 minutes walking from Pike's Place. We walked there every morning and it was easy to get to all the attractions from here. It was a safe neighborhood. Although, I must say I am not used to seeing pedestrians light up joints right in front of me, but I didn't mind it too much and it didn't make me feel unsafe.
Overall, great hotel. I didn't feel like they skimped on anything especially considering the price.

Room Tip: Our bathroom was adjacent to another hotel room. So I know they could hear everything going on in th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The location of the Moore Hotel is pretty good, and my primary reason for choosing this hotel over others. It is a short walk to the Westlake station for the Light Link as well as other bus routes. It is only a two blocks walk to Pike Place Market and about 4 blocks to the waterfront for seafood and ferry rides.

Hotel amenities are pretty limited. My single queen room did not have a fridge or microwave or even a tissue box. There is, however, an old TV set that I never used. Other than that, the room was pretty basic. The bed was decent; I didn't have trouble sleeping in it. (But again, I can fall asleep in any type of bed..) A note to folks who haven't figured this out on their website - the cheaper rooms at the Moore has bathrooms in dorm-style. You share one bathroom with other guests on your floor, so you may need to wait a bit for others to finish before your turn.

The staff is courteous and prompt to our needs. We wanted to leave our luggage with them after checking out as well as some seafood from the market to leave in their fridge. They were very accommodating and took our things in without any problems.

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again, for the price and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
manila, the philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in the Moore several times over the past six years whenever I need to be in the city center. It's no-frills but very decent for the price. The rooms are clean, wide enough, the bed is comfy, towels thick enough and spotless white. Moore is accessible by foot to eating places, Pike Place, etc. Perfect for the budget traveler because it doesn't treat him/her like dirt.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Moore Hotel? Share your experiences!