“Great price, friendly staff, close to attractions” 5 of 5 stars

Moore Hotel
1926 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Belltown)   |
Ranked #48 of 93 hotels in Seattle
Tampa, Florida
“Great price, friendly staff, close to attractions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We studied other reviews before booking this hotel. And we felt it would be a small gamble. It was not a gamble at all. This was a great hotel, especially considering the price.
We had traveled for 12 hours by the time we got to the hotel and it was only 1pm. We knew they would store our luggage so we could enjoy the sites. But I was so exhausted, I asked if we could check in early (3 hours early) and they accommodated us on the spot. Wow, this has never happened at any other hotel I have asked. Maybe we just looked that exhausted and they felt bad for us. Either way, I was delighted.
The hotel room was plenty big and they turned on the heat in the evenings (thank goodness). The hotel is less than 5 minutes walking from Pike's Place. We walked there every morning and it was easy to get to all the attractions from here. It was a safe neighborhood. Although, I must say I am not used to seeing pedestrians light up joints right in front of me, but I didn't mind it too much and it didn't make me feel unsafe.
Overall, great hotel. I didn't feel like they skimped on anything especially considering the price.

Room Tip: Our bathroom was adjacent to another hotel room. So I know they could hear everything going on in th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The location of the Moore Hotel is pretty good, and my primary reason for choosing this hotel over others. It is a short walk to the Westlake station for the Light Link as well as other bus routes. It is only a two blocks walk to Pike Place Market and about 4 blocks to the waterfront for seafood and ferry rides.

Hotel amenities are pretty limited. My single queen room did not have a fridge or microwave or even a tissue box. There is, however, an old TV set that I never used. Other than that, the room was pretty basic. The bed was decent; I didn't have trouble sleeping in it. (But again, I can fall asleep in any type of bed..) A note to folks who haven't figured this out on their website - the cheaper rooms at the Moore has bathrooms in dorm-style. You share one bathroom with other guests on your floor, so you may need to wait a bit for others to finish before your turn.

The staff is courteous and prompt to our needs. We wanted to leave our luggage with them after checking out as well as some seafood from the market to leave in their fridge. They were very accommodating and took our things in without any problems.

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again, for the price and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
manila, the philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in the Moore several times over the past six years whenever I need to be in the city center. It's no-frills but very decent for the price. The rooms are clean, wide enough, the bed is comfy, towels thick enough and spotless white. Moore is accessible by foot to eating places, Pike Place, etc. Perfect for the budget traveler because it doesn't treat him/her like dirt.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After our expensive cruise and anticipating expensive meals in Seattle I was happy to find the Moore hotels with good reviews and very good rates. It just was not for us. Location could not have been better, it truly is the perfect location for getting around town. Part of the problem is we were actually in Seattle during it's (highly unusual I understand) heat wave and this is a "green" hotel, aka "we have no air-conditioning". It was hot, very hot, and the one fan they had for our two rooms was plastic with a 10" diameter, aka "useless".

Upon arrival the lobby was small, shabby and crowded but they did offer to hold our bags until our room was ready (we arrived before check-in time). After exploring the city a bit we returned to the Moore and directed to our rooms. The elevator is down right scary and the hallway was dark and shabby but I'm still thinking that for the location and price ...

We left our bags and went to dinner and truly hoped it would cool down a bit but it didn't really. When we returned to the hotel the room seemed even hotter, the fan was useless and we knew we had to go, we'd never get to sleep.

We called around and ended up at the Klimpton ... it was like a breath of fresh air, pricey fresh air, but cool pricey fresh air nonetheless.

I wanted to like it but it simply wasn't for us, admittedly partly due to the heat but it was too dark and too shabby for a vacation hotel for a couple in their 40's and their teenage daughter. Twenty somethings with backpacks for luggage (and I'm really not saying that in any sort of a bad way) would probably find it ideal, I know I would have back in the day, but not now.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Camborne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you want some place central, clean & tidy with good staff and at a reasonable price for a downtown place to lay your head, look no further than the Moore Hotel in Seattle. This little gem is two blocks from Pike Market in the heart of the city and I could not recommended it highly enough for a travller on a modest budget.
I do have the feeling its probably haunted though as the decour has a Shinning feeling to it!
Enjoy your stay...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really enjoyed out stay in the Moore Hotel. The staff is so friendly and helpful. It was so close to all the tourist attractions that we could walk. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in 718 and were quite happy. Very clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful. We walked everywhere from here. Coffee at the "Moore Coffee" was excellent. Happy hour nachos & steak tacos next door at the "Nitelite" were good. I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Moore Hotel? Share your experiences!