“Absolutely great value; decent accommodation” 4 of 5 stars

Moore Hotel
1926 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
manila, the philippines
“Absolutely great value; decent accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in the Moore several times over the past six years whenever I need to be in the city center. It's no-frills but very decent for the price. The rooms are clean, wide enough, the bed is comfy, towels thick enough and spotless white. Moore is accessible by foot to eating places, Pike Place, etc. Perfect for the budget traveler because it doesn't treat him/her like dirt.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After our expensive cruise and anticipating expensive meals in Seattle I was happy to find the Moore hotels with good reviews and very good rates. It just was not for us. Location could not have been better, it truly is the perfect location for getting around town. Part of the problem is we were actually in Seattle during it's (highly unusual I understand) heat wave and this is a "green" hotel, aka "we have no air-conditioning". It was hot, very hot, and the one fan they had for our two rooms was plastic with a 10" diameter, aka "useless".

Upon arrival the lobby was small, shabby and crowded but they did offer to hold our bags until our room was ready (we arrived before check-in time). After exploring the city a bit we returned to the Moore and directed to our rooms. The elevator is down right scary and the hallway was dark and shabby but I'm still thinking that for the location and price ...

We left our bags and went to dinner and truly hoped it would cool down a bit but it didn't really. When we returned to the hotel the room seemed even hotter, the fan was useless and we knew we had to go, we'd never get to sleep.

We called around and ended up at the Klimpton ... it was like a breath of fresh air, pricey fresh air, but cool pricey fresh air nonetheless.

I wanted to like it but it simply wasn't for us, admittedly partly due to the heat but it was too dark and too shabby for a vacation hotel for a couple in their 40's and their teenage daughter. Twenty somethings with backpacks for luggage (and I'm really not saying that in any sort of a bad way) would probably find it ideal, I know I would have back in the day, but not now.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Camborne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you want some place central, clean & tidy with good staff and at a reasonable price for a downtown place to lay your head, look no further than the Moore Hotel in Seattle. This little gem is two blocks from Pike Market in the heart of the city and I could not recommended it highly enough for a travller on a modest budget.
I do have the feeling its probably haunted though as the decour has a Shinning feeling to it!
Enjoy your stay...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really enjoyed out stay in the Moore Hotel. The staff is so friendly and helpful. It was so close to all the tourist attractions that we could walk. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in 718 and were quite happy. Very clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful. We walked everywhere from here. Coffee at the "Moore Coffee" was excellent. Happy hour nachos & steak tacos next door at the "Nitelite" were good. I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Moore Hotel three times now and it has always been a great experience. Its location is great if you are in town for shopping or just seeing the sights. Only a few blocks from Pike Place Market and a few more to Alaskan Way. Go east a few blocks and you are at Macy's and the downtown mall area.

Moore is a budget hotel, but not too budget-y (if you get me). The furnishings are dated, television only has a few channels and elevator is slow and tiny, still the bed is nicely firm and bedding clean and well taken care of. Some of the rooms have a toilet and shower, while others are shared (only stayed in one of those once; either get up early or sleep in as it is hard to in the shower right on time).

There is a little bar downstairs where you can get food, but I would suggest you head over to Virginia st. and eat at the wonderful Argentinian steak house (tango demonstrations on the weekend). They recently added a coffee bar too (this IS Seattle after all), and that I do highly recommend. Amazing lattes and the pastries are wonderful.

If I am ever in Seattle again you can be sure I'll be back at the Moore.

Fun fact: hotel is rumoured to be haunted though I have yet to see anything paranormal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Moore is the best price for the location. It is no frills, clean and quiet. There was no closet in the room, so if you have clothes you wish to hang this may be an inconvenience. I did not inquire with the front desk if an iron or hair dryer were available. If these are a necessity you should check with them before booking. The cozy cafe they run is a great place to start the day.

Room Tip: Request a room by the elevator if you depend on fast wifi.