“Very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

I was quite happy at the Mayflower and would stay there again either on business or leisure. It had a lot of historic charm while still being clean and up to date. Some of the complaints are true--there is some noise from traffic outside (though it definitely dies down at night and if you are particularly sensitive, ear plugs would do the trick), no real counter space in the bathroom, no fancy flat screen tv--but the location (an easy walk to the Market, the monorail, and to Dahlia's-yum!), the comfortable pretty room with nice beds and towels, and the excellent service overrode these minor problems. The front desk and the room service waiters were particularly friendly and thoughtful. I had a deluxe room which was plenty spacious; however, the regular rooms I poked my head in, while still nice, were definitely smaller--I'd recommend springing for the deluxe--the rate was only slightly higher.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Stayed in a corner suite and was well worth it. This hotel gave us a great AAA discount, otherwise couldn't have afforded it. So be sure to ask. Even with this discount, we were treated with superior service. Arrived before check-in, so they held our bags as we did sight seeing. The desk staff helped us check in for our flights, reserved transportation to airport and even helped "weigh" our bags to make sure they weren't too heavy to check on the airplane. They recommended restaurants and brought us extra terry robes for lounging in our room. Even the clerk who took my reservation weeks earlier was very helpful and explained details of the room and said often the corner suites have a view so I requested a view. We ended up with a super view of the Space Needle. We had 5 people in our group so had one room with 2 double beds, which were very comfortable, and a large sitting room (where we opened a cot at night) with bar and TV and the excellent views. The TV in the bedroom didn't work but one in the sitting room was fine. Best of all we had 2 bathrooms which is great with a group. This is a good location to get to Pike's Place Market (about 4 blocks) and to catch the monorail (right around corner) to the Space Needle. Also close to shopping, the Nordstrom Rack, and a food court in the mall (good for teenagers), and of course coffee shops. Around the corner was a courtyard in front of an office building with a band playing during lunch hour. Wouldn't walk around this area too late at night. Came back from eating at Etta's after dark and was glad we were in a group. We have paid a lot more $$ for a lot less in service and quality so with our great experience at this hotel and we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Third time in Seattle and third time time in the Mayflower Park.
Nothing wrong with the hotel, but on checking in they managed to do 'something' to my Visa debit card and it was blocked. Took around 45 minutes to actually get to my room after a lengthy call to my bank who informed me the hotel needed an authorisation number from their end but some reference number they had was wrong... 5 further attempts to charge my card resulted in another long call to my bank on the Sunday morning due to lots of fraud and security alerts.... I would say that Robert on the front desk was very helpful and it wasn't his fault but after a 10 hour flight and an early departure the next morning, it did little to mellow my mood.
The correct amount was charged to my card on the Monday.
Seeing as there seems to be an issue with debit cards maybe there is a staff training need or a look at systems?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I had always intended to stay at 3 hotels either side of a conference at Microsoft in Bellevue so I could see which one I wanted to stay at on my next visit. I booked my first night at the Mayflower Park as I needed an address for the visa waiver form, however I had to move rooms as soon as I arrived due to noise, despite requesting a quiet room on the booking and again during the check in. The second room was adequate however it faced the street so there was some noise and the room was fairly small, dingy and rather dated in a shabby kind of way rather than quaint. The TV was very small and looked about 20 years old with poor fuzzy reception and poor range of channels. I did not try the restaurant so cannot comment on this. On a positive note the hotel is in a great location which would be difficult to beat.
In short the hotel is ok however it was not a tough decision to try another hotel and I would not stay at the Mayflower again unless my first choice (The Vintage Park) was not available.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
roanoke, virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Stayed three nights, in a corner suite on the 12th floor. If you want restful sleep with little neighbor noise, this is the way to go. Because the suite literally was a corner of the hotel and my little living room was one on side of it, I had no bedroom walls that adjoined neighboring rooms. I know I had neighbors because I saw housekeeping cleaning their room, but I never once heard them. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Housekeeping staff did NOT knock on my door at the crack of dawn, and they DID restock my little complimentary toiletries without me having to ask. I would absolutely stay here again, in the same suite. The restaurant, Andaluca, was wonderful. My only complaint there was that it was closed Monday AND Tuesday.
Several minor little things...not much counter space in the bathroom, at all. And when they tell you room service is served 24 hours...that means you can get a fruit or deli plate any time. No hot food after 10. The windows only opened about three inches. Another hotel was being built fairly close by, and construction noise started around 0800 each day.
But, hey, I wasn't there to sleep in. Everything that mattered to me (comfy bed, peace and quiet, great staff, convenient location) I got.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

This is a truly lovely hotel. The staff was excellent. Greg, the bartender in Oliver’s Lounge, is a show unto himself. Go and have a martini just to watch him work. He’s unstoppable; a fabulous worker and fun to watch. The hotel is clean, the beds comfortable, and the ambience is relaxing and romantic. I wouldn’t recommend this for families but definitely for a romantic getaway or a peaceful business trip. The only issue I had is that there was a small closet in our deluxe room and the bathroom was tight (e.g., the toilet roll holder was practically in my eye!). There was room for a small toiletry cabinet, but they didn’t embellish, so there was no counter space. Aside from these issues, some of which are easy fixes, I would absolutely recommend this hotel. Excellent location, too!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
East Sussex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

If you want to stay in downtown Seatlle, I recommend the Mayflower Park in every way. Great staff, excellent room, central location. The hotel is "getting on in years" so if you want a 5 year old Sheraton this is not for you.

I enjoyed every moment of y stay in the Mayflower Park from the great check-in staff to the Queen suite to the breakfast and bar staff.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Mayflower Park? Share your experiences!