“Loved it! I will stay again if Givin the chance. However....” 5 of 5 stars

Mayflower Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Loved it! I will stay again if Givin the chance. However....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked this hotel on a whim.
After reading reviews and because of its location to what my family and I would be doing in Seattle, I decided to stay here.
When I got there, the staff was Super friendly, informative, and Helpful!
Everything was great. We had 2 bedroom 2 bathroom room on the 9th floor. The view was nice, my family slept well.
And I hate to say anything bad about this place because the staff was so wonderful, and the location couldn't have been more perfect.
But it wasn't until we started packing in the morning, and checking to make sure that we remembered everything. Is when we found a shriveled up eaten Apple core under one bed. And a pair of women's corked wedged sandals under the other...
Other than that everything was wonderful. We all had a Great time. Despite the semi clean room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Dub,Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Love the Mayflower. Very central to downtown Seattle, especially the shopping areas.
Convenient to public transport with buses and monrail as well as direct airport connections right next door.
The staff at the Mayflower are some of the best I've encounter. Personal touches, always a smile and super helpful.
I've stayed at the Mayflower twice on business trips and my only slight negative is that the work desks are absolutely tiny. However, there's free wifi and comfy beds which is my main priority.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my first trip to Seattle (main purpose was a conference for work) but decided to stay three extra days to explore the area. I choose the Mayflower based on the reviews here and the fact I would rather stay at an older hotel with character, charm and history. We were upgraded to the top floor (12th) corner suite (room 1215). Wow, just perfect and lots of room for two people. The views were great and the overall appearance, quality of the bed, sheets, towels was top notch. Everyone staff member we encounters was super friendly and helpful. The bar offered snacks from 4 to 6 which was perfect for a late snack. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was really good. The hotel is located within a easy walk to the conference center, pikes market, REI and the monorail that takes you to the space needle. We had no complaints whatsoever and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: 1215 was amazing!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Convenient downtown location. Close to shopping, public transportation, and restaurants. Very professional service. The corner suite is spacious and sunny. However, Valet is over $40/night with taxes. On the other hand, may be it is the going rate.

Room Tip: Higher floor with # 07 corner suites are spacious. Can see the water and mountain range.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed for two nights on our first visit to Seattle and wanted somewhere central and convenient for travelling in from the airport. Check in was efficient and amiable, and our room was spacious. We had a corner room with two windows which was nice, although unfortunately one looked over the generators and the other looked straight into an office window within almost touching distance.

Having arrived late in the day not wanting an evening meal but looking for a little snack, we headed down to the bar, Oliver's. The drinks, snacks and service were great and didn't seem as expensive as some hotel bars can be - it was just a nice place to spend an evening.

For the price we paid, the large room and excellent central location, this hotel was a really good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 5 nights to attend a conference. Here are the pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros:
Good location - 3 blocks to the convention center, 3-4 blocks to Pike's place market. The train station for the The Light link train to and from the airport is one block from the hotel (only $2.50 to travel from the airport to central Seattle!). The adjacent and connected small shopping center has a decent food court (recommend the greek food). There is a Starbucks on the corner and 5 or 6 more within a few blocks! Whole Foods grocery is 4 to 5 blocks away and within walking distance. Also, the Monorail to the Space needle is adjacent to the hotel.

Comfortable rooms - I was upgraded to a small suite, which was nice. The room was comfortable as were the beds. The bathroom and furniture were well maintained and clean. There was a coffee maker in the room.

Cons:
1. I checked out very early to catch a 6 am flight. I was told that my receipt was not available and it would be emailed to me. It is now 5 days later and I still have not gotten it. I have emailed the hotel to make sure that they have my address, but no response. This lack of follow through is unacceptable in my opinion and I will call the hotel to get it straightened out.
2. There is no refrigerator in the room - although Whole Foods is 4-5 blocks away, there is no way to store anything in your room.
3. The TVs in my room did not work when I checked in. However, the hotel was responsive and sent someone to repair them within 30 minutes.
4. The general area of the hotel is a large shopping district - but the square adjacent to the hotel (in front of Westlake center) constantly had a rough-looking and loud crowd. I did not have or see any problems, but I was uncomfortable. Add to this the many panhandlers (some aggressive), it made the walk to and back from the convention center unpleasant. I realize that this is not the hotel's fault (and if you stay in any of the area's hotels you will experience the same problem), but I think it is important that the reader is prepared and careful if they stay in this area.
4. Although Pike's place is relatively near by - there is not much to see there but crowds. If you want a nice experience, continue down to the waterfront to Myrtle Edwards Park.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a small suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
LukesDad,

I'm very sorry to read that you've had a problem obtaining a copy of your invoice, please call the hotel at 206.623.8700 and ask for David or email me directly, my address is David@Mayflowerpark.com.

During your next visit, the hotel does have refrigerators that can be placed in your room at no charge upon request

Thank you for taking the time write a review.

Regards,
David
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

A quaint, upscale hotel with very professional service. Wonderful bar and restaurant. Great helpful staff. We must have returned our car back to the valet 4 times each day and it was never a problem. Within walking distance to everything and all sorts of transportation modes. two blocks to the Pike Place Market.
Beds were so comfy and the shower was just great. Got hot water immediately..... The rooms were a little small but for two people this was just fine. Everything worked and the guests were placed so that there was little opportunity for any noisy disturbances.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a larger room. We had a queen single.....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayflower Park? Share your experiences!