“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My friend and I took our two teen girls to Seattle for the weekend to see Flashdance, and stayed at the Mayflower Park. Fantastic location for four shopping women! Directly across the street from Macy's and two blocks from Nordstroms rack and a great mall.
Our room was the" two queen bed". We were surprised that it had a separate sitting area with comfortable seating for the four of us. The WiFi was free and worked well. The minifridge was not full of expensive stuff for sale, or boobytrapped to make youi pay if one of the kids lifted an item. We were happy to be able to use this little fridge for snacks, milk etc.
Our room was on the sixth floor and there was virtually no street noise. If you wanted a bigger room- ask for the deluxe queen suite- as there are two bathrooms, and the sitting area is closed off from the bedroom with a door, making it ideal for a family with children who go to bed earlier than the parents! The only down side for families with small kids is that there is no swimming pool. Pikes market is only about four blocks down the stree though, and the monorail is about a block away to the science center and space needle, so not a shortage of nearby things for kids.
The staff was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Mayflower is an older but very well-maintained hotel that is situated in an ideal location for sight-seeing in downtown Seattle. During a three-day stay here, my wife and I had no need for a rental car as this hotel allowed us to walk (or take the Monorail) to every major attraction we wished to visit. Our room and bathroom were both on the small side but in excellent shape. The staff was polite and helpful, accommodating our request for a late check-out and storing our bags on our last day in town. Although we did not dine in the restaurant attached to the hotel, we did spent a few evenings in the hotel's lounge/bar, which has a friendly vibe and a lively happy hour (although the drinks are not cheap). Apart from the room size, our only quibbles would be the lack of any kind of a pool and occasionally spotty wi-fi. But in all, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had such a lovely stay at the Mayflower. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. All the pictures on their website are accurate representations of the rooms and the common areas. Although many of the furnishing are genuine antiques, they are restored and fully functional. The result is a very comfortable and homey ambience.

I chose a deluxe guestroom. The extra cost was so worth it. It was like a micro apartment without kitchen facilities. There was a bedroom, a small lounge area that could be separated by a sliding door, a small dressing area with chair, mirror and set of drawers, and a small well-equipped bathroom. As I was travelling alone, I found it very luxurious for one person. The bedding was soft and comfortable with good support. The air conditioning in the room was adjustable. It could be turned off which might be preferable for some light sleepers, as it is a little noisy. The water in the bathroom was hot and continuous and easy to adjust to the perfect temperature. The bath was small but adequate.

The location is definitely the best for downtown Seattle. Great shopping and food is all around. For shopping: endless hours can be spent at Westlake Centre, Nordstroms Rack, Nordstroms, Macys, and Pacific Place shopping centre. The monorail next door is worth jumping on to get to the Space needle and don’t miss neighbouring Chihuly Glass and Gardens. I did the Boeing tour which was great, and concierge arranged a rental car so I could drive (on the wrong side of the road for me) to Snoqualmie Falls and the shopping outlet at Tulalip.

I didn’t try the restaurant Andaluca’s but room service and Olivers both were very nice. I would have liked a small fridge in the room, but there were ice machines with scoops on several levels of the hotel and housekeeping kindly gave me new ice each day, which I used to keep small items cool. It’s a comfortable walking distance from many great places to eat. Favourites were Wild Ginger, Mistral Kitchen, Purple and Pike Place Chowder. Two supermarkets were close by and Pike Place market and whole foods markets were great for fresh fruit vegetables and ready made foods.

Thank you Mayflower Park. This is a lovely establishment. I will have very fond memories of my time with you. Housekeeping also rearranged my cosmetics each day all in a line which I loved :) and all the staff I met were charming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Provo, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I read the reviews for this property and decided on it over the established chains. I am glad that I did. I was able to take the light rail from SEA-TAC and arrive just a block away. The monorail is just a block away. Fantastic dining opportunities surround this hotel (as well as Andaluca onsite). I had a conference at the convention center, and it was a 7-minute walk away. Downtown Seattle feels like an open-air mall--could not believe how many signature stores surround this hotel. Lots of opportunity to spend a lot of money here. The room was nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The staff are very pleasant and take good care of you.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and my only regret is that I did not ask for a higher floor. My window looked...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel with my Mother about 50 years ago and as my husband and I were going to spend a week-end in Seattle I thought this would be a good choice. I liked what I had read in the previous reviews. It did not disappoint. We chose a deluxe queen and the room was spacious and very well appointed. Like all old hotels the bathroom was small but filled the bill. Staff could not have been nicer, from check-in to maid service. Location is excellent for shopping and sightseeing. For a stay in downtown Seattle it is perfect.

Room Tip: Deluxe queen is a good choice. Ours was a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Mayflower Park Hotel is a charming, well maintained, older hotel in a perfect location for sightseeing or shopping. Pike’s Market is a short walk away as is the monorail to the Space Needle and other public transportation. The staff could not have been friendlier and the hotel bar is comfortable and inviting. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. My husband and I are used to traveling together and we are usually able to maneuver comfortably in even the smallest rooms. We had a bit of a tough time at the Mayflower, however. Although nicely decorated, the rooms are decorated in dark tones with very heavy draperies which make them feel even smaller than they actually are. If you get a great rate, though, the location and old time elegance probably make it worth a stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hazleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Recently spent 5 nights at the Mayflower. Very convenient from SeaTac Airport via the light rail. The Mayflower was clean and the staff was friendly and responsive to our needs. The next time we are in Seattle we will stay at the Mayflower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mayflower Park? Share your experiences!