“Great, definitely will stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

Mayflower Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #11 of 95 hotels in Seattle
joplin
“Great, definitely will stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Great location, great door service, great lounge, twice a day maid service. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

1,251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011 via mobile

I just stayed there for 3 nights on a business trip. I will not be staying there again. The walls are not sound-proofed at all, so you can hear every little sound in neighboring rooms. I had an extremely noisy couple in the room next to me who kept me up until 4 am when I had to get up at 6 am for my work obligations. The bathroom floor and tub were moldy. My company paid for my stay in full ahead of time, about $400. I gave them my credit card up front for incidentals, and they put a $1600 hold on it and attempted to charge me for $800. Luckily, my credit card company alerted me to the unusual transaction. When I called the hotel to ask for the charges, they stated that they only did an $800 hold, which is still a lot for a stay already paid in full. It took a while to remove the $1600 hold. Luckily, my credit card company called me. Otherwise, I would have been mistakenly charged $800 of that $1600 hold.

• Stayed June 2011
Mentor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We (another couple and my wife and I) use the pre-cruise package. First of all very nice hotel. Easy to get to from the airport. Had I known just how easy the rail system was and how close it was (like it is right at the mall connected to the hotel) this may have bee the way to get there from the airport. Great location and walking distance to everything that one would probably want to see on a one night stay over. East check in and check out. The breakfast included was just fantastic (not a continental buffet deal). The included transportaion and tip from the driver on how to get ahead of the cruise terminal check in process was most time saving! Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Exeter, Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was my second stay at the Mayflower. The first time (December 2009) I had a double room which was a reasonable size and value for money - we got a late deal through Expedia.

On this stay, the service was good, the staff polite, friendly and helpful. Check in and out was quick and easy. However, the twin room I'd booked was cramped, the hairdryer had a dodgy connection and the toiletries in the bathroom were not great.

The standard probably hasn't changed from my first stay and my comments are all made in relation to the amount I paid for the room on each occasion. The first visit was a good deal, the second quite a bit more expensive and I therefore didn't feel I was getting value for money - hence the three stars.

Room Tip: Late deal through Expedia.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Oakland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

First visit in 15 years or so and were not disappointed. Location can't be beat:
downtown, on central bus and light rail from Airport route, short walk to Pike Place
Market, port and ferries and right at the Monorail. Very clean and accommodating.
2 Caveats: free Apple TV didn't work because buffering took too long and always
timed out. Slow Wi-Fi probably the cause. Also, access for wheelchair is available,
but had to go out into the rain rather than through the shopping/transportation complex,
and exterior door very, very heavy and hard to get attention of front desk to get assistance
with it. Good, clean and well-equipped fitness center.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We had a great stay. The hotel is in the middle of town so you could walk everywhere with ease. The hotel staff were always friendly and helpful. The concierges were excellent and were always happy to advise and give ideas and directions. They even booked all our trips which saved us time. .
All attractions were good and within walking distance from the hotel
The rooms were very comfortable and offered all comforts. Having the internet was handy.
We were happy with our stay and after five weeks in other hotels in USA we couldn't complain.
Seattle is an interesting place and in the 5 days it only rained one morning which was great for Seattle we believe. In fact it was warm and sunny.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

When in Seattle, I always stay at the Mayflower Park Hotel. I like its central location - walking distance to shopping, restaurants, Pike Place, museum, and with the light rail, stadiums. I usually get a deluxe room ... seating area and a little more room. Clean, comfortably furnished. Staff friendly, helpful. The only negative: the bathrooms all seems to be very small.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Mayflower Park? Share your experiences!