“Convenient, rustic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Wasilla, Alaska, United States
“Convenient, rustic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Perfect location for my even at the Seattle center. I loved the kitchenette, we had eggs for breakfast, and reheated leftovers in the microwave - its a great way to save a little money while traveling. The garden area outside is beautiful. The tubs are comfy for a one person bath, but for a shower they don't drain well. Nice big closets. Felt like an tiny apartment. It's a good choice when you are on a budget, and appreciate the historic feel.

Room Tip: The corner room was sunny and cleaner feeling, than the other room in our party next door. They don...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Portland Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Reserved 2 rooms. One was OK, the other pretty bad. The beds are horrible. The bed spreads are terrible. I was cold all night, and didn't want the bed spread to touch me. The box spring in the one room was badly damaged and exposed. I was shocked when I went to make the bed and tuck the sheets. The tubs are really old and scary looking. Very noisy street. Wifi off and on.
However, I liked the staff. Very nice and friendly. I liked the homey feel. Good coffee available all day. The location is great, and the prices are good. Parking is good if you get a spot.....stay there. I liked the little kitchen. Wasn't expecting that.
Probably would not stay again. Some things freaked me out a little.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brad C, General Manager at Inn at Queen Anne, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. While I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, I'm also very sorry to hear that our property didn't meet your expectations.

While we are a historic property with some innate characteristics as such , we do appreciate you bringing any potential maintenance issues to our attention - these will be looked into immediately.

I truly hope that you enjoyed your time in Seattle. We would love to have you stay with us again. If the Inn at Queen Anne is not your style of property - I would highly suggest you look into our sister property, The MarQueen Hotel, the next time your travel plans bring you to the Seattle area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Loved the classic building, the friendly staff, the location and the price. Be aware that the rooms and doors are not sound proofed so that late- night returning revelries are quite audible. Outside clamor is also easily heard- our room was next to the back alley. Possibly the most uncomfortable mattress we have encountered during our month- long road trip to the West Coast. That being said, you cannot beat the location- a great assortment of restaurants nearby (Toulouse Petit a fav -) Judging from the clientele, we exceeded the average age by 30 years, so it does have a "hostel" feel for us, but with good ear plugs, it worked for us. Next time we will try the more upscale sister hotel, MarQueen.

• Stayed March 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here recently when I was in town for a seminar. I'll start off by saying that when I made the reservation, the guy on the phone said that parking would be "no problem" when I asked about it. Well, it was a problem. I arrived at the Hotel and there was NO WHERE to park around the hotel. There is just street parking up front. I had to park illegally for a few minutes while I went and checked in. They told me their lot was full, and that I had to park at their sister hotel. I found this a bit inconvenient, but alas, there was parking at their sister hotel 2 blocks away. After I walked back from their sister hotel in the pouring rain, I made my way back to my room. The room itself was pretty cool. It had a partial view of Queen Anne, and even came with a small kitchenette complete with mini fridge, stove and microwave. However, stuff went downhill. About 4AM, I was awoken by a garbage truck that was slamming a dumpster to the ground just behind the hotel. I dozed back off, then about 30 minutes later, it happened AGAIN. This time the room literally shook. So much for getting decent sleep. I rolled out of bed at 6AM, got some coffee downstairs and mentioned the truck to the guy behind the counter - and he just shrugged his shoulders. So overall, stay could have been better but for the money, the location is good. I would stay there again, but not near the back of the hotel since it was so noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room near the front of the hotel away from the garbage dumpsters. Also, beware of the badly wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

It was built as a nunnery in the 1920's and has not changed much since. Nuns did not have hair dryers then so there are none now, but they did have wifi. The kitchen was great. A real stove with oven and a microwave and a teflon skillet that looked new and my eggs did not stick! I loved the patio area between the wings of the building. The coffee in the lobby was great. I loved the architectural details from the 20's. Radiators! When do you get to see working radiators? It was lots of fun. It has a great location. You can get to the Space Needle, Chihuly Glass Expo, and downtown easily. There are lots of restaurants nearby. I have already recommended it to several people.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better wifi, but there are no elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is sketchy to say the least! Good location but rooms smelled bad, they were dirty and the bed was about as old as the hotel. This place has the potential of being great with some tlc, but it really does need the TLC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brad C, General Manager at Inn at Queen Anne, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. All guest feedback, both positive and negative, is invaluable to what we do here at the property. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, but sorry to hear that you had an overall unpleasant experience. We are a historic, limited services property and clearly advertised as so. While this type of property may not be for everyone, I believe you'll find from our many positive reviews that many people enjoy our property very much. What we lack in modern amenities, we strive to make up for in personalized customer service. Our housekeeping staff is thorough and meticulous - all of our rooms are absolutely clean by any hotel's standards. I wish you the best in your continued travels and hope you enjoyed your time here in Seattle.
Yakima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were only there for one night. It was clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was a bonus. No hairdryer. We had a view of the Space Needle. Room was warm so windows were open (this was January) but the street noise was almost non-existent during the night, and didn't start up until the sun was up.
Parking was a hassle, but the price of the hotel was great. We were able to walk to our program at McCaw Hall at Seattle Center.
All in all, definitely a plus. I would stay there again, especially if I had more time in the city.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn at Queen Anne? Share your experiences!