“Centrally located” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Lacey, Washington
“Centrally located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Have stayed here twice now, both booked through Priceline - one name your own price and the other through an express deal. It's a great place to stay if you're looking for something central. It was under 30 minutes to walk to Safeco Field or Century Link Field. It was about 10-15 minutes to Pike Place Market and close to shopping and restaurants.

I understand all the complaints about valet parking or parking in general downtown! Really, $40 per day?! I just don't understand it but I also don't know of any hotels downtown where parking is free. If you do, please let me in on the secret. It was nice to just park our car though, leave it, and walk all over downtown.

It appears as though they are slowly renovating rooms throughout the hotel. You can tell it's an old property (some of the carpet and floors smell in certain areas) but they are trying to up date. I LOVED our bed. We literally melted into our mattress and did not move. I believe it may be a foam mattress? But regardless, it's one of the most comfortable beds at a hotel that I've slept in awhile. My other complaint as far as the property was the noise. The first time we stayed was New Years Eve and I don't recall hearing my neighbors but this time we could hear the people next to us talking. They weren't talking loudly so I guess the walls are just thin?! Like I said, this wasn't a problem last time on another floor.

We avoided the expensive all you can eat buffet for breakfast and opted to walk down the block to other more appealing and reasonably priced options.

I'd stay again, as I feel it's in a good location, staff were warm and friendly and for the price the hotel is not bad at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Christina T,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay in September of 2013. It was great to read you found the mattress comfortable .We are pleased to report we completed renovation of all the guestrooms and public areas. We hope you can come back soon to see our upgrades. Due to limited parking in the downtown Seattle corridor parking can be expensive. There are limited alternative parking options available with in and out privileges. Prior to setting price we complete extensive competitive analysis to ensure we are in line with like hotels in the area. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again.
Best Regards,
Cristy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The good-
The front desk was very friendly and welcoming.
Room was clean and had a 4 star appearance.

The bad-
Very loud outside noise.
Housecleaning came to my door 3 times between 11am and 1pm.
The only place to park is the parking garage and it is an additional $45 tacked on to the all ready high priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear jasonkelly515,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read the room was clean and the front desk was friendly and welcoming but disappointed that a room attendant came to your door 3 times to service your room. Your comments have been reviewed with our Director of Housekeeping to use in his training efforts. We regret that you were not aware of the charges for overnight parking in the garage. Being centrally located in the heart of the city one can sometimes experience noise from our urban location and regret any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Due to limited parking in the downtown Seattle corridor parking can be expensive. There are limited alternative parking options available with in and out privileges Prior to setting price we complete extensive competitive analysis to ensure we are in line with like hotels in the area. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again.
De Pinte, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed here one night with the family before returning to Europe after a tour in the US. Very nice and comfortable hotel. Large, clean rooms, beutiful bathroom, nice beds. Well located downtown Seattle, the piers and Pike Market. Friendly staff. A shame that we couldn't stay more than one night. Very close to the I5 (connection to Seatac Int Airport +- 20 min with normal trafic) of which you can unfortunately lightly hear the noise in your room, but you can not have both. Restaurant was rather a bit disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Marnik V,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and for taking the time to write a review. We were thrilled to read we met your expectations and you found our hotel comfortable and the guestrooms large and clean. Our housekeeping staff take great pride in the work they do to keep our rooms and hotel sparkling clean. You are correct, being centrally located in the heart of the city one can sometimes experience noise from our urban location and regret any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and if your travels bring you back to Seattle, we hope to see you again.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit here and it was fantastic. Reading some of the prior reviews, I believe the General Manager has tried to fix things. The entire staff, from checking in to room service people were helpful courteous and very attentive. The robes, bathroom amenities, added footstool, bottled water each day, the welcome cookies and the aromatherapy kit were just what I needed. The room was quiet with a wonderful view. The teperature in the room was perfect. Their feather free beddings were top notch and a great nights sleep are part of the reason for my 5 rating. I just hope this wasn't just the honeymoon, but a lifelong partnership that will continue to exceed my expectations each and every visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Blossom T.
Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us. We are delighted your stay with us was fantastic and we exceeded your expectations. It is very rewarding to find out that you found the entire staff courteous and attentive. We look forward to you staying with us again and helping to make this your home away from home and continuing to exceed your expectations. Please ask for me the next time you stay with us so I can personally welcome you to the hotel.
Warm Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here 1 night prior to going on a cruise. The rooms were very nice and quiet. Nice toiletries provided. Comfortable bed and good views are always a plus. No breakfast is included, but there is a restaurant or places nearby, Can walk to Pike Place Market without a problem, but you need to walk back up steep hills to get back to the hotel. The concierge was the best! She gave us lots of tips and found us a great restaurant to have dinner where we were celebrating a birthday. She also helped coordinate our transportation to the pier where our cruise was departing from. She was the best part of the hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear spring525,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Seattle before your cruise. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It was great to read you found the rooms nice and quiet with a great view and the bed comfortable. Our Concierge is very knowledgeable about the city and is dedicated to helping create memorable experiences for all our guests. She will be very pleased to know she was the best part of the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again!
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Hello fellow world-wide travelers! If you wander the globe for business like I do, you want to find a room with the following (in no particular order):
- A fantastic view
- Impeccable cleanliness
- Quiet, Quiet, Quiet
- Deliciously comfortable bed (not too soft or hard) with a selection of pillows that make sense
- Excellent room service with fantastic food that is reasonably priced
- Nicely appointed and efficient furnishings with solid-surface tops (Corian/glass) that compliment the wood of the furniture
- A decent alarm clock that is easy-to-read and more importantly, it's easy to set the alarm!
- Coffeemaker that is easy-to-use and concealed in a pull-out tray from the dresser (instead of taking up valuable space on the bathroom vanity!)
- A non-intrusive desk big enough to do real work, conveniently located electrical outlets, on and positioned to view TV and enjoy outside view ... essentially a high-end office!
- Easy-access WiFi that is fast even when hotel is fully-booked
- Power outlets everywhere (especially next to bed!)
- Easy-to-find light switches that make sense
- A full-size ironing board, with high-end steam iron (and yes ... even a space to set up the ironing board with outlet where you can watch TV or enjoy the view)
- Efficient bathroom with fantastic lighting, a large vanity with accessible storage, and even a lighted vanity mirror so you can see your face. Also has a jet toilet that flushes properly. (Not an some overly-marbled, homage to the bathtub, tiny vanity no storage and badly-lit mess like many hotels these days)
- Well-placed tasteful and open trash cans next to toilet, next to desk that don't have those stupid foot pedals requiring you to open them each time you want to toss a tissue!
- A full-length mirror right by the door to do a quick "beauty check" before you depart.
- Huge Hi-Def TV with great channel selection and a remote that is backlit, nicely laid out and has a sleep button (not some labyrinthine menu to find the sleep function!)
- Super friendly and efficient staff

Then I strongly encourage you to stay at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Seattle! Whoever designed/appointed these rooms really understands the needs of a seasoned business traveler. I just can't list all the fantastic amenities of this room ... it is just awesome! I'll even go further to say this is the most efficient, comfortable, tasteful room I've had in all my 30 years travelling world wide!

Kudo's to the designer/architect of Crowne Plaza for making my stay such a nice experience! I can't wait to come back to this property.

Room Tip: Rooms next to elevators are actually quiet! Most rooms have decent city views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear socalyachter,
On behalf of the entire team at the Hotel, our sincere thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and for your very thorough five star review. It is very rewarding to get such a great review from someone who travels often. We are so pleased we met your expectations and you enjoyed our newly renovated guestroom. Thank you again for your feedback and we can’t wait to welcome you back!
Warm Regards,
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

awesome hotel for rich people
I am above average wage earner
I like nice hotels
but when a book a room for 299.00 per night I don't want extra charges for parking
I was told when we pulled up to check in valet parking only & 40.00 WHAT????
nothing on IHG web site to tell me about more money needed for parking not good
so when I got home I look up the hotel again for fun & for club memebers you can book a 15.00 parking rate
you would think being a PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM ELITE MEMBER they would have offered this to me @ check in time as I have spent about 100,000 since 2007 with priority club hotels
but the hotel was very very clean & restaurant/bar staff was awesome

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rick W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. It was great to read you found our hotel very clean and restaurant/bar staff awesome. Due to limited parking in the downtown Seattle corridor parking can be expensive. We regret you did not see the charge for parking or the special parking packages on the website. Please contact me at csmith@cphotelseattle.com or 206-676-3900 so we can discuss this further. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again.
Kind Regards,
Cristy Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!