“Quality hotel for sure!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
De Pinte, Belgium
“Quality hotel for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed here one night with the family before returning to Europe after a tour in the US. Very nice and comfortable hotel. Large, clean rooms, beutiful bathroom, nice beds. Well located downtown Seattle, the piers and Pike Market. Friendly staff. A shame that we couldn't stay more than one night. Very close to the I5 (connection to Seatac Int Airport +- 20 min with normal trafic) of which you can unfortunately lightly hear the noise in your room, but you can not have both. Restaurant was rather a bit disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Marnik V,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and for taking the time to write a review. We were thrilled to read we met your expectations and you found our hotel comfortable and the guestrooms large and clean. Our housekeeping staff take great pride in the work they do to keep our rooms and hotel sparkling clean. You are correct, being centrally located in the heart of the city one can sometimes experience noise from our urban location and regret any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and if your travels bring you back to Seattle, we hope to see you again.
Regards,
Cristy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was my first visit here and it was fantastic. Reading some of the prior reviews, I believe the General Manager has tried to fix things. The entire staff, from checking in to room service people were helpful courteous and very attentive. The robes, bathroom amenities, added footstool, bottled water each day, the welcome cookies and the aromatherapy kit were just what I needed. The room was quiet with a wonderful view. The teperature in the room was perfect. Their feather free beddings were top notch and a great nights sleep are part of the reason for my 5 rating. I just hope this wasn't just the honeymoon, but a lifelong partnership that will continue to exceed my expectations each and every visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Blossom T.
Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us. We are delighted your stay with us was fantastic and we exceeded your expectations. It is very rewarding to find out that you found the entire staff courteous and attentive. We look forward to you staying with us again and helping to make this your home away from home and continuing to exceed your expectations. Please ask for me the next time you stay with us so I can personally welcome you to the hotel.
Warm Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here 1 night prior to going on a cruise. The rooms were very nice and quiet. Nice toiletries provided. Comfortable bed and good views are always a plus. No breakfast is included, but there is a restaurant or places nearby, Can walk to Pike Place Market without a problem, but you need to walk back up steep hills to get back to the hotel. The concierge was the best! She gave us lots of tips and found us a great restaurant to have dinner where we were celebrating a birthday. She also helped coordinate our transportation to the pier where our cruise was departing from. She was the best part of the hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear spring525,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Seattle before your cruise. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It was great to read you found the rooms nice and quiet with a great view and the bed comfortable. Our Concierge is very knowledgeable about the city and is dedicated to helping create memorable experiences for all our guests. She will be very pleased to know she was the best part of the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again!
Regards,
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Hello fellow world-wide travelers! If you wander the globe for business like I do, you want to find a room with the following (in no particular order):
- A fantastic view
- Impeccable cleanliness
- Quiet, Quiet, Quiet
- Deliciously comfortable bed (not too soft or hard) with a selection of pillows that make sense
- Excellent room service with fantastic food that is reasonably priced
- Nicely appointed and efficient furnishings with solid-surface tops (Corian/glass) that compliment the wood of the furniture
- A decent alarm clock that is easy-to-read and more importantly, it's easy to set the alarm!
- Coffeemaker that is easy-to-use and concealed in a pull-out tray from the dresser (instead of taking up valuable space on the bathroom vanity!)
- A non-intrusive desk big enough to do real work, conveniently located electrical outlets, on and positioned to view TV and enjoy outside view ... essentially a high-end office!
- Easy-access WiFi that is fast even when hotel is fully-booked
- Power outlets everywhere (especially next to bed!)
- Easy-to-find light switches that make sense
- A full-size ironing board, with high-end steam iron (and yes ... even a space to set up the ironing board with outlet where you can watch TV or enjoy the view)
- Efficient bathroom with fantastic lighting, a large vanity with accessible storage, and even a lighted vanity mirror so you can see your face. Also has a jet toilet that flushes properly. (Not an some overly-marbled, homage to the bathtub, tiny vanity no storage and badly-lit mess like many hotels these days)
- Well-placed tasteful and open trash cans next to toilet, next to desk that don't have those stupid foot pedals requiring you to open them each time you want to toss a tissue!
- A full-length mirror right by the door to do a quick "beauty check" before you depart.
- Huge Hi-Def TV with great channel selection and a remote that is backlit, nicely laid out and has a sleep button (not some labyrinthine menu to find the sleep function!)
- Super friendly and efficient staff

Then I strongly encourage you to stay at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Seattle! Whoever designed/appointed these rooms really understands the needs of a seasoned business traveler. I just can't list all the fantastic amenities of this room ... it is just awesome! I'll even go further to say this is the most efficient, comfortable, tasteful room I've had in all my 30 years travelling world wide!

Kudo's to the designer/architect of Crowne Plaza for making my stay such a nice experience! I can't wait to come back to this property.

Room Tip: Rooms next to elevators are actually quiet! Most rooms have decent city views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear socalyachter,
On behalf of the entire team at the Hotel, our sincere thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and for your very thorough five star review. It is very rewarding to get such a great review from someone who travels often. We are so pleased we met your expectations and you enjoyed our newly renovated guestroom. Thank you again for your feedback and we can’t wait to welcome you back!
Warm Regards,
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

awesome hotel for rich people
I am above average wage earner
I like nice hotels
but when a book a room for 299.00 per night I don't want extra charges for parking
I was told when we pulled up to check in valet parking only & 40.00 WHAT????
nothing on IHG web site to tell me about more money needed for parking not good
so when I got home I look up the hotel again for fun & for club memebers you can book a 15.00 parking rate
you would think being a PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM ELITE MEMBER they would have offered this to me @ check in time as I have spent about 100,000 since 2007 with priority club hotels
but the hotel was very very clean & restaurant/bar staff was awesome

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rick W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. It was great to read you found our hotel very clean and restaurant/bar staff awesome. Due to limited parking in the downtown Seattle corridor parking can be expensive. We regret you did not see the charge for parking or the special parking packages on the website. Please contact me at csmith@cphotelseattle.com or 206-676-3900 so we can discuss this further. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again.
Kind Regards,
Modena, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had an executive room on the top 34th floor.
Normal size, king bed, desk with USB and multiple sockets.
A sort of armchair with no armrest and no footstool (but the room setup makes it difficult to watch tv from the armchair).
Safe, 37" TV and empty refrigerator, complimentary purified water.

There is a gift shop at reception with minibar items and there are vending machines at odd numbered floors for beverages.
It is a bit disconcerting that if you are on floor 32/34 you see signs about vending machines at 31/33 but you cannot access those floors with your key (executive floors require key); so you have better going to 29.

Both the room and the bathroom appear recently renovated; very good lighting in the bathroom.
It is strange that a renovated bathroom (and on executive floor) does not have a walk-in shower, but there was the "traditional" tub with fixed head and curtain.

Wireless is complimentary for Priority Club members and it worked well (I had to ask for the code, which was not given at check-in).

The bed was comfortable but external sound insulation is pretty poor and the adjacent I5 assures constant noise night and day.
I must say that the constant humming is less disturbing than the regular city traffic, yet sound insulation might have been way better.

I used room service for dinner: the menu was sufficiently varied and the food was good.
The executive lounge on 32nd floor has a view to some skyscrapers to the south and the I5 (and mountains, weather permitting).
It is small and a bit cramped but I always found an empty (mini) table.
The first day I had breakfast in the restaurant because it opens earlier: it is geared towards the "full american" cook to order approach; the buffet lacks common "continental" items: no pastries, only plain yoghurt.
The second day I had breakfast in the executive lounge ("continental only") where options were few: no danish (croissant and muffin only), no separate sliced melons (fruit salad only), some choice of packaged fruit yoghurts.
Everything very essential and no-frills, but maybe the cramped space does not allow for more.

Location was good for a short walk to the shopping streets and centers or for moving by car.

Of course there is valet parking but if you prefer self parking, there is the 24h Olympic garage at Seneca crossing 5th.
I always found a space but not very easily. If you have to carry trolleys, levels B/D are best because there is the elevator; the others require a flight of stairs down to B or D.
From the "ground" floor you still have a few steps down anyway.

Conclusion: from Crowne Plaza I usually expect a 4 star experience.
I think that all considered (including the steep rate) this is a comfortable hotel but it comes a bit short, this is why I am assigning 3 "tripadvisor" stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Alberto P,
Thank you for being and IHG Rewards Member and for taking the time to write a very comprehensive review of your stay with us. We recently renovated all of our public spaces and our guestrooms and bathrooms and it was great to read you found the hotel comfortable and the location good. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and Club Lounge breakfast items and will review your feedback with the Executive Chef. We are consistently undergoing changes to improve our overall service and products available to our guests. Being centrally located in the heart of the city one can sometimes experience noise from our urban location and regret any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
All the Best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was a great value. The valet parking was a little confusing to figure out where to go, but but convient after that. The hotel is very nicely updated and had a very helpful staff. The room was huge and had a great view of the city. It came with all of the ammentities you would expect in a nice hotel. It was very worth the price. We recently stayed at the Edgewater hotel for 2x the price, and this was a far nicer hotel! Great Location for fun Seattle activies. Due to steep roads you may need a taxi to get around.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Solshn,
Thank you for the 5 star review. We really appreciate your feedback about the helpful staff and the huge room with the great view of the city. Seattle terrain is hilly and relatively compact city with most of the favorite attractions within easy walking or transit distance. The seven hills of Seattle is an unofficial designation of several hills that historians claim the city of Seattle was built on and around. As a general rule of Seattle, the hills go east/west. While north/south is more typically fairly flat. Sections of Seneca are steep, so if you are heading down to the waterfront or the Pike Place Market we recommend walking north on 6th avenue then turn west when you reach Pike, which has the least incline. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again.
Kind Regards,
Cristy Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!